ADVERTISEMENT

MLB trivia question.

Damn, I only got one. Cobb didn't hit many dingers so that one surprised me. Could have been an inside the park home run back then though which would obviously still count and not surprise me one bit.
Cobb is mildly surprising. He ascended during the dead ball era, so nobody was hitting home runs.

Another trivia question I found a little interesting...Zack Greinke and Salvador Perez are 1 of 2 pitcher/catcher combos to each have 5 Gold Glove awards each..Greinke is currently throwing to Perez tonight... Who makes up the other combo/battery?

Last edited:
Speaking of Zack, thanks to the Royals bullpen, they choked away a win for Zack tonight. 7 innings no runs Zack went and doesnt get the win. Ridiculous.

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
Another trivia question I found a little interesting...Zack Greinke and Salvador Perez are 1 of 2 pitcher/catcher combos to each have 5 Gold Glove awards each..Greinke is currently throwing to Perez tonight... Who makes up the other combo/battery?
Ivan Rodriguez and some pitcher for the Rangers?

Catcher is correct....both played for the Rangers at 1 time...when the pitcher threw to the catcher(when both had 5 gold Gloves)..both were not with the Rangers.
Theon beat me to it, then. They were reunited with the Yankees, right?

Was very close to being 3....Mussina and Pudge with the Yanks after Pudge was traded mid 2008 but Mussina used Jose Molina as his personal catcher instead of Pudge who got the day off. Pudge came into a game later that Mussina had started but was pulled before Pudge entered the game.

Rogers and Pudge played 8 years together with Rangers (91-95 00-02) and 3 with Tigers (06-08)

Rogers won his 5th and final GG in 2006 with DET. Pudge won his 13th and final GG in 2007 with DET

Last edited:
I'm not sure..I don't remember Rogers being with the Yankees at the end of his career...you could be right, didn't look it up..

Rogers was with Yankees in 96-97. His career spanned from 89-08. 219 career wins. Zero 20-win seasons. Pudge was just with the Yanks for 33 games after trade deadline in 2008 but never caught Mussina

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT