ADVERTISEMENT

Mods: request during the NCAA tournament...

83Hawk

HB Legend
Sep 17, 2002
Since both Iowa and ISU are in the tournament, I expect this board to be inundated with chest thumping, arrogant ISU fans after an Iowa loss and every ISU win. Can you please monitor those ISU fans that will inevitably come here with their trash talk, and give them the ban hammer if they can't "play nice"?

I like this site, and don't want it mucked up by ISU rabble rousers.

Thank you.

When you spot a troll...send an e-mail to TK or Blair. That's the best way to get rid of them.

Good Luck, they are like a disease. They spread and have to get validation for their team, because no one outside of the state could care.

Walking through the airport the other day and saw tons of Hawkeye gear. Even saw some Northern Iowa stuff.

The only nice thing about begin in Florida the past two weeks is I didn't have to hear about ISU.

All they were talking about was Spring Football down there (high school & College)?? Pretty crazy to see kids running on a football field in helmets in the middle of March? Is that even legal?

Originally posted by 83Hawk:
Since both Iowa and ISU are in the tournament, I expect this board to be inundated with chest thumping, arrogant ISU fans after an Iowa loss and every ISU win. Can you please monitor those ISU fans that will inevitably come here with their trash talk, and give them the ban hammer if they can't "play nice"?

Thank you.
Won't matter, not going to happen.
wink.r191677.gif

I think both teams have good chance to lose in second round. Clones capable of going a ways, but not by playing only one half every game. Probably UNI out in second round, too, against Louisville--if not first. Louisville not great, but NCAA feels the need to see big name teams advance. I guess they think it means more TV sets on during Final Four (not sure they're right). You've got to outplay Louisville, Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. by 10 points just to compensate for calls and win by two. It's been fun while it lasted.

I'm sure there will be other things to keep the unbelievably long ISU thread--the longest of any for awhile--going. Must be more fun than we like to admit. Like taking multiple shots of Fireball. Or we lead terribly boring lives. Or, we're closet sadomasochists.

This post was edited on 3/19 9:15 AM by disgrig

Meh.. Let them come over, their program has earned it.. Also, Id assumed plenty of moronic Hawkeye fans would do the same thing. One of my best buddies is a Cyclone fanatic and we go back and forth all the time. It gets heated, even awkward at times but thats what the rivalry is. If our program wants something different, lets win a few!

Originally posted by SotaHawk87:
Meh.. Let them come over, their program has earned it.. Also, Id assumed plenty of moronic Hawkeye fans would do the same thing. One of my best buddies is a Cyclone fanatic and we go back and forth all the time. It gets heated, even awkward at times but thats what the rivalry is. If our program wants something different, lets win a few!
I don't know if they even have a board (I do not care to go talk to Cyclone fans about my program) but I can GUARANTEE you if they do have one, you'd get banned quickly for pulling the stuff most of them pull here. There are some decent posters, who can be relied upon to keep things above board. There are some decent posters who cannot stay above board when it gets really heated (they should be banned, maybe allowed back with an apology to the mods), and there are the total jagoffs who just come here to post drivel (should be instantly banned forever).

We can choose to use the "ignore" feature too, and I have quite a few Clone trolls on ignore.

Why is there a 300+ thread titled ISU?

Because people are obsessed with them. Look in the mirror rather than blaming others.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Thank you.
Amen to that. We should not have to send emails to get offensive posts removed. It's not our job.

Originally posted by ichawk24:

Because people are obsessed with them. Look in the mirror rather than blaming others.

It is pretty much the same 3 guys arguing back and forth for the last 4 pages. It is really quite sad.

Originally posted by ichawk24:

You have correctly identified half the ingredients in oil and water.

Add the other and my challenge to you is to find a way to make them mix.

This post was edited on 3/19 10:52 AM by DanL53

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

Thank you.
wink.r191677.gif
If TK of Blair enforced ANY of the rules on this site, you would have been gone a long time ago!!!
P.S. - Yes, I know, me also.........

Thank you.
You're worried about ISU fans when you have 'fans' like 4thand9Inches? Lmao

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

Thank you.
wink.r191677.gif
If TK of Blair enforced ANY of the rules on this site, you would have been gone a long time ago!!!
Can you do me a favor Matt and not respond to me anymore? Thanks. I have no idea how your comment applies to my post anyway.

Please go away.

Thank you.
wink.r191677.gif
Can you do me a favor Matt and not respond to me anymore? Thanks. I have no idea how your comment applies to my post anyway.

Please go away.
I'm sure you don't have any idea. You don't have any ideas about anything. You're just a fvcking punk who runs their negative mouth endlessly and will just change their story as it suits them like any typical woman when called out.
He said he wants them ban-hammered for breaking 'rules' (trolling) and you said it's not going to happen. You are correct, it is not going to happen, and you should know this because you break the 'rules' daily and do not get ban-hammered. I can't believe I have to explain it to you, you fvcking mongo...
i'll respond to whomever I please and you continually give me the most ammo.

Thank you.
wink.r191677.gif

Please go away.
I'm sure you don't have any idea. You don't have any ideas about anything. You're just a fvcking punk who runs their negative mouth endlessly and will just change their story as it suits them like any typical woman when called out.
He said he wants them ban-hammered for breaking 'rules' (trolling) and you said it's not going to happen. You are correct, it is not going to happen, and you should know this because you break the 'rules' daily and do not get ban-hammered. I can't believe I have to explain it to you, you fvcking mongo...
roll.r191677.gif

Apparently you do not have basic reading comprehension. I highlighted the part about Iowa losing in his post and said the rest of his post won't matter because "it is not going to happen".

My god, you are a worthless poster here, as you don't even post about Iowa sports. You have the distinct privilege to be the first and only person on ignore. Have a great stay on HawkeyeReport!

This post was edited on 3/19 11:42 AM by ThatsFootball

Originally posted by HawkeyeinOmaha:
Whatever any ISU fans says will not bother you if you don't let it. If a troll gets under your skin they have succeeded.
They don't get under my skin. I just get irritated when they inundate OUR board (instead of posting on their own) with their trash, and hijacking threads. They should be (but rarely are) banned for this crap. I would like to discuss Iowa's tournament games, not have to wade thru page upon page of junk.

Originally posted by HawkeyeinOmaha:
Whatever any ISU fans says will not bother you if you don't let it. If a troll gets under your skin they have succeeded.
They don't get under my skin. I just get irritated when they inundate OUR board (instead of posting on their own) with their trash, and hijacking threads. They should be (but rarely are) banned for this crap. I would like to discuss Iowa's tournament games, not have to wade thru page upon page of junk.
Irritated is the definition of getting under your skin. I struggle to understand why people need to use the ignore function or e-mail mods because of what someone posts is so upsetting. Are you that weak minded? Good grief.

If a sports message board is too hot for ya, try the boards at mylifetime.com.
This post was edited on 3/19 11:42 AM by 4th & 9 inches

Thank you.
wink.r191677.gif

Please go away.
roll.r191677.gif

Apparently you do not have basic reading comprehension. I highlighted the part about Iowa losing in his post and said the rest of his post won't matter because "it is not going to happen".

My god, you are a worthless poster here, as you don't even post about Iowa sports. You have the distinct privilege to be the first and only person on ignore. Have a great stay on HawkeyeReport!

This post was edited on 3/19 11:42 AM by ThatsFootball
There you go. Just making up whatever. What you highlighted: 'after an Iowa lose', does not necessarily correlate to or clarify what your statement associated with, dumba**. So, you SAID, it's not going to happen after an Iowa, so in essence it could mean, "the iowa st. fans are not going to come on here after an iowa loss. Or you could have highlighted it just for emphasis, but your statement, following his last statement, means exactly what I said it did. Put me on ignore, lol. Everyone ignores you, if you haven't noticed.

Thank you.
wink.r191677.gif

Please go away.
Why are you still here? Definitely not a person of your word.

Ironic much?
This post was edited on 3/19 1:03 PM by myteamcanbeatupyourteam

Thank you.
Don't worry, win or lose tomorrow for Iowa, I don't think you will see many Cyclones over here for a while.

Originally posted by Hawkfan_08:
Oops... Niang got fouled but I am not going to complain.

You want to get about 300 ISU fans on this board after all? Start a thread saying, "Niang was not fouled"

Ames accomplished two things in their game. They kept their trash off this board and they WILL get more NCAA discussion on tv today in their schools history.

How many schools have lost as 2 seed and a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament?

Kinda crazy but 6 ouf the 7 teams to lose as a 2 seed have also lost as 3 seeds. Isu, Duke, Missouri, Arizona, Georgetown, and South Carolina. With only Syracuse not losing as a 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT