ADVERTISEMENT

Moline postmaster stole greeting cards to fund his gambling, drug and booze addiction

torbee

HB King
Gold Member
Wayne Knight Laughing GIF

The witness stated Brown would steal the mail from the Moline Post Office and bring the mail back to his residence and open it, affidavits show. The witness said that as part of Brown’s duties as a post master, (Brown) would receive complaints from customers that had issues with their mail not arriving at its destination. “The witness advised (Brown) has a drug, alcohol and gambling addiction and used cash and gift cards to support his addiction,” police allege in affidavits.

During a search of Brown’s residence, detectives located a total of 487 greeting cards. Several of these cards contained various different family photographs, messages between grandparents and grandchildren, get-well messages and personal checks, affidavits show.

After reading some of the messages contained within some of the greeting cards, “it is obvious … that some of the cards contained cash and gift cards which were no longer inside the card, including a card that contained empty packaging for a $100 gift card,” police say in affidavits.

In affidavits, police say several of these cards were graduation, birthday, wedding, Father’s Day and celebration cards. Brown “has no known ties with the individuals that were sending this mail. All of the mail was being sent from different cities in Illinois, including Geneseo, Moline, East Moline, Milan, Rock Island and Silvis. None of the mail appeared to have been scanned by the Post Office and no stamping was located on the cards indicating the mail was stolen before it reached the mail stream by an employee.”

Last edited:
“Yeah, it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline
On the blue blood streets of Boston
Up in Berkley and out in Queens”

- - Bob Seger
Moline is name checked in quite a few really good songs! My favorite is from “Rock and roll Doctor” by Little Feat:

It's just a country town but patients come
From Mobile to Moline from miles around
Nagodoches to New Orleans
In beat-up old cars or in limousines
To meet the doctor of soul, he's got his very own thing

Moline is name checked in quite a few really good songs! My favorite is from “Rock and roll Doctor” by Little Feat:

It's just a country town but patients come
From Mobile to Moline from miles around
Nagodoches to New Orleans
In beat-up old cars or in limousines
To meet the doctor of soul, he's got his very own thing
Little Feat was very underrated. They never got stale. Jimmy Page’s favorite band.

He wasn't the Moline postmaster, he was a supervisor. He was formerly a Rock Island postmaster, but after his mom died he turned to alcohol and gambling. At least that's what my sources are telling me.

He wasn't the Moline postmaster, he was a supervisor. He was formerly a Rock Island postmaster, but after his mom died he turned to alcohol and gambling. At least that's what my sources are telling me.
You’re a better reporter than anyone at Channel 4.

Which to be fair is like being the fastest Special Olympics hurdler.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT