ADVERTISEMENT

Mollie Tibbetts killer (alleged) trial

I know the interpreter in this case fairly well. I will be interested to get his take!

Supposedly the “new suspect” says he raped and murdered her. This is the first mention that she’s been raped that we’ve heard of. I’m pretty sure if the autopsy showed Mollie had been raped, the DA would have charged Rivera with rape.

Supposedly the “new suspect” says he raped and murdered her. This is the first mention that she’s been raped that we’ve heard of. I’m pretty sure if the autopsy showed Mollie had been raped, the DA would have charged Rivera with rape.

I think they said the decomposition was too far in that they couldn’t confirm but it was suspected.

Reactions: ghost80 and Chuck C
Sentencing is set for today at around 1:30 CST

Is there any uncertainty in regards to sentencing. Iowa has no DP so isn't this a case of automatic life without parole? Or is there a chance this guy could actually get out of prison some day?

Is there any uncertainty in regards to sentencing. Iowa has no DP so isn't this a case of automatic life without parole? Or is there a chance this guy could actually get out of prison some day?
I’m thinking auto life with no chance of release… so… in other words… he will be eligible for release in 7 years …

That’s Iowa. Not even sure why they don’t announce this almost immediately after the guilty verdict. It’s basically written in stone.
Gotta give the defense attorneys time to find the real killers and move for a new trial.

I googled this issue to get up to speed. Seems an illegal murdered a young woman out jogging and being the spineless worm that he is, is now attempting to get out of it. I see Iowa is a pathetic state without the death penalty so at worst Pancho gets life.

I googled this issue to get up to speed. Seems an illegal murdered a young woman out jogging and being the spineless worm that he is, is now attempting to get out of it. I see Iowa is a pathetic state without the death penalty so at worst Pancho gets life.
You don't have to publish your internal monologue.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT