ADVERTISEMENT

Mollie Tibbetts killer (alleged) trial

I said the same thing. One of two things is happening here either:
  1. The foreperson or a nitpicky juror is taking his/her role very seriously (which is not a bad thing) and rehashing all the evidence and stories in great detail before polling.
  2. Someone(s) is on the jury has a hidden agenda and is refusing to find guilty no matter what (ethnicity, immigration, etc)
I'm really hoping for #1.

To go along with 2, I think I heard of a case although I don't remember which one in which one of the jurors had an overly strict definition of "reasonable doubt" and had basically converted it to "no doubt at all"

It is possible 2 people could have kidnapped him and made him hide the body. But given the facts it's not reasonable to believe that.
Plain and simple......they need to follow the science which points to him...….not a big story with zero evidence to support it which points to someone else.

But, sadly...….there are people out there who will buy into any sad story....whether it is by a murderer on trial or by a snake oil salesperson trying to get into your wallet.

Can't believe no verdict yet.

This sucks if there is a holdout juror because they will have to do this whole thing all over again and closure with elude her loved ones for another year or more.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
I didn't see it any of it live, but from what I read of his cross and closing argument and others opinions on it, that seems to be the consensus. He needed to hammer on the "two kidnappers" and embarrass the guy with facts that prove it couldn't be true. He needed to emphasize the facts of the case including his admission, his car, DNA, he only knew where the body was.

The prosecutor treated Defendant's BS story with a measure of respect. Now, not surprisely, a few of the jurors are too. His weak cross-examination of the defendant may get him a hung jury on a slam dunk case.

Whoever is holding out is an idiot(s).
How do you know someone was 'holding out?' It easily could have been a case that the jury was doing what they were instructed to do: take their time, and come up with a unanimous decision based on the evidence. The jury did have several things to factor, and it was a highly publicized case. I'm just glad they did come back with a decision of 1st degree murder, no matter how long it took.

How do you know someone was 'holding out?' It easily could have been a case that the jury was doing what they were instructed to do: take their time, and come up with a unanimous decision based on the evidence. The jury did have several things to factor, and it was a highly publicized case. I'm just glad they did come back with a decision of 1st degree murder, no matter how long it took.
Ok we’ll see.

Yes let's ensure we put in IMMIGRANT against the wishes of HER FAMILY after voting down a bipartisan commission for the attack on our Capitol. JFC
W...T...F!?!?!? What does one have to do with the other?

104327718a964ab63290873b7a06999d.gif

Reactions: doughuddl2
What did he say that was political or fear mongering? It looks like a factual statement to me.

It feels like the same emotionally weak posters are the ones trying to create something out of nothing again.
Was it imperative that the first thing Grassley wrote was “undocumented immigrant”. Is that not political or fear mongering? Do you follow politics?

Reactions: 3boysmom
Please explain how that statement is fear mongering?

Should he replace undocumented immigrant with upstanding young man and pillar of his community?

You bring up good points most of the time but sometimes you just go cra cra.
Maybe Chuck can finally address the root cause for the influx of undocumented workers instead of ignoring it for decades because some of his well heeled constituents reap a king's ransom for themselves by thwarting the laws.

Maybe his farmer buddy should have been charged with accessory to murder if it's such common knowledge that undocumented immigrants are murderous criminals?

Was it imperative that the first thing Grassley wrote was undocumented immigrant. Is that not political or fear mongering? Do you follow politics?
Is the guy not an undocumented immigrant? Would you prefer he just not mention it? I guess I don't understand how a statement of fact can be construed as fear-mongering.

Now if he said something like "this undocumented immigrant killed Mollie Tibbetts and this is going to happen to you too if we don't stop it" then I would see you're point.. but he didn't.

Didn't he also say she was hot or pretty and he approached her and she said she was going to call the cops
that was my understanding.

imagine how creeped out Mollie must have been. The car behind her stops, which she probably did not notice because she was listening to music, looking straight ahead.

Then out of no where a stranger shows up, jogging beside her.

Honestly, i think he probably freaked out when she threatened to call the cops (or started to dial 911) because since he was not here legally, he wants nothing to do with the cops.

Maybe Chuck can finally address the root cause for the influx of undocumented workers instead of ignoring it for decades because some of his well heeled constituents reap a king's ransom for themselves by thwarting the laws.

Maybe his farmer buddy should have been charged with accessory to murder if it's such common knowledge that undocumented immigrants are murderous criminals?
I can get down with this. I am not here trying to defend Chuck Grassley or his politics, but I just don't see how that tweet can be seen as fear-mongering.

But when considering who initially shared the tweet in this thread, I shouldn't really be surprised.

Reactions: Finance85
Is the guy not an undocumented immigrant? Would you prefer he just not mention it? I guess I don't understand how a statement of fact can be construed as fear-mongering.

Now if he said something like "this undocumented immigrant killed Mollie Tibbetts and this is going to happen to you too if we don't stop it" then I would see you're point.. but he didn't.
What does a undocumented immigrant have to do with the killing of Mollie Tibbetts? You and Grassley saying he killed her because he was an undocumented immigrant? If it was a undocumented immigrant from Canada that killed her would he of stated that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3boysmom

Has anyone done an investigation of that farmer who hired Rivera & the other Mexicans? Hell, they should do a damn audit, because, guess what? You can almost guarantee that he has undocumented Mexican nationals working for him right now.

If I am not mistaken, Rivera had papers stating he was here legally using someone else’s info. Iowa needs to have a better system to check immigrants legal right to be here but if they did like Oklahoma, the left would bitch that is racist.

After listening to the Defense attorneys after the verdict, they acted like they truly believed the 2 masked men fairy tale. I understand why they need to continue a narrative until the initial appeal is settled, but they could also simply say they believe the verdict is wrong and leave it at that.

Posturing aside, does anyone think the defense attorneys truly believe Rivera is innocent, or the 2 masked men story? If so, would that make them more effective, less effective, or it doesn't matter?

If I am not mistaken, Rivera had papers stating he was here legally using someone else’s info. Iowa needs to have a better system to check immigrants legal right to be here but if they did like Oklahoma, the left would bitch that is racist.
Not just Iowa. Farmers (including Republicans) all over the country use undocumented immigrants. ICE could raid any orchard, strawberry patch or packing plant and fill a bus with them. Maybe start prosecuting these farmers and processing facilities might curb immigration. Also many of these businesses have someone to help illegals fill out paperwork to appear legal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT