ADVERTISEMENT

Molly Davis?

abby97

HR Heisman
Sep 16, 2010
What happened to Molly last night? She started, then left the game and I don't remember seeing her ever enter the game again. Did she get hurt? Did make a mistake and Bluder was sending a message?

What happened to Molly last night? She started, then left the game and I don't remember seeing her ever enter the game again. Did she get hurt? Did make a mistake and Bluder was sending a message?
I saw where someone said she was sick. Tried to give it a go but wasn’t happening. Now, why she would be on the bench potentially spreading an illness to the rest of the team I don’t know. No type of illness was specified…

I asked the same question in the game thread. Apparently she was sick with diarrhea issues.

I saw where someone said she was sick. Tried to give it a go but wasn’t happening. Now, why she would be on the bench potentially spreading an illness to the rest of the team I don’t know. No type of illness was specified…
Good question, but they are all around each other all the time so if it’s contagious I’m sure they will all get it anyway.

IMO this was an ok game for her to miss. Don’t think she would’ve matched up well vs most the size from PSU.

Plus it meant more time for Affolter

I used to think Feuerbach had a lot of potential, but last night she had no points, 2 rebounds and 3 assists in 19 minutes. I don't think that cuts it. However, looking at the ones that played, we have no other PG besides CC and Molly. Which worries me for next year. I think we have PG coming in but NO experience of any kind.

I doubt Bludder would ever send that kind of message. I’m curious what kind of coaching people are used too?!

I used to think Feuerbach had a lot of potential, but last night she had no points, 2 rebounds and 3 assists in 19 minutes. I don't think that cuts it. However, looking at the ones that played, we have no other PG besides CC and Molly. Which worries me for next year. I think we have PG coming in but NO experience of any kind.

Just as a point of Interest….one girl scored, 47 with 9-rbs, another scored 27, then 2 girls combined for 25 pts & 26 rebounds. Where did you expect the rest of the stats to materialize from ?

I’ll let next year worry about next year…

Last edited:
Reactions: MilleGinja
I assume she didn't match up well against their number zero and wanted Affolter's bigger frame to try and keep her in check.

Definitely not and I’d wager Bludder wouldn’t set our, at worst 3rd best scoring option, probably 2nd when you add distribution, for a reason like that.

Last edited:
Coach Bluder said she was sick. They thought she could go, but once things got going she had to come out.

I don't think I agree... Iowa had a ton of turnovers last night. Some from our passes but we REALLY missed Molly's ball handling. She just brings another dimension. She's become quite the player and I'm glad she's a Hawk.
Mentioned that to the better half last night. Missed Molly's ball handling against the press. Caitlyn also looked rung out last night. She is carrying quite a burden right now, with all the media attention.

I don't think I agree... Iowa had a ton of turnovers last night. Some from our passes but we REALLY missed Molly's ball handling. She just brings another dimension. She's become quite the player and I'm glad she's a Hawk.

Good take…it was ok for her to miss, but she would have helped settle us and she is a dynamic player.

That we proved we can win without incidentally.

As I’ve been saying for a month, this is a REALLY good “team” not CC and some others. Kate Martin is having a hell of a year. HS is the energizer bunny and just needs focus and direction.

Affolter will be a do everything star next year…

And Molly Davis has been an inspiration…

O’Grady is improving, Gabby is a very good player and Edinger seems to be gaining trust..Feurbach is fast, athletic and gives great effort and I believe she still has upside. I wish McCabe could gain some more trust, but I can see why she hadn’t yet…

Our top 5 with Affolter is as good as anyone else’s…and all 6ft but Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT