ADVERTISEMENT

Molly is terrific

She brings a lot of much needed pressure on the defensive side of the court. With clark needing to playing soft so we can keep her on the court for scoring, she covers a lot of ground without fouling too much.
She is always around the ball, doing good things I might ad. She's not afraid of anything. That home game against osu when the ball got hit clear up in the air SA zeroed in on the ball and didn't even look at any one from osu, she didn't care if she ran over someone, she was getting the ball. And she did and made a heck of a pass for the score. I noticed osu players kinda got out her way 😳

I've been saying the last few weeks that Affolter will lead the team in scoring, rebounding, and assists next tear. Her play lately makes me feel vindicated.

Efficiency stats love Syd. She is 3rd on the team in WS/40, barely behind Stuelke. She is 2nd in BPM, OBPM, and DBPM. 3rd in PER. 5th in eFG%, ahead of CC and Kate.

Affolter's minutes per game has nearly been equal to the starters all season, so I never thought it mattered if she started or not. I do agree that Molly has the driving and fluidity factor that is second only to CC, and a skill we really need on the floor at times. We will be even better when Molly is back during the NCAA tournament.

I also think we don't need a PG transfer for next year. Syd, McCabe and Kylie will fill the two guard spot minutes and have enough ball handling. Syd handles the ball a lot right now.

Affolter has also improved as the season went on! I think the coaches have managed the roster and playing time well. Her hitting 3's is what has really unlocked a lot for her

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT