ADVERTISEMENT

Moms For Liberty

Great to see, I do believe we are at a point where school board candidates should declare their political affiliation.

It has become incredibly obvious to me that local school boards are making decisions based on their personal politics….with things such as book banning policies. So time to at least be transparent and allow voters to know who they are supporting.

You guys are gonna be called out as misogynists by the usual suspects in 3…2….

Great to see, I do believe we are at a point where school board candidates should declare their political affiliation.

It has become incredibly obvious to me that local school boards are making decisions based on their personal politics….with things such as book banning policies. So time to at least be transparent and allow voters to know who they are supporting.

I agree with the political party declaration. Let's just be transparent about these elections. They're political.

The Mom's for Liberty and other similar groups are a response to leftwing political activism that had overtaken our education system.

I now research all of the school board candidates.

Leftwingers: "Cedar Rapids and DMPS schools are so well run. Let's keep electing the same minded people because we want the same old results."

Reactions: hexumhawk
I agree with the political party declaration. Let's just be transparent about these elections. They're political.

The Mom's for Liberty and other similar groups are a response to leftwing political activism that had overtaken our education system.

I have a neighbor that always talks like this. I think it's weird. To me it's natural to expect that something like schools and education are going to draw people in that are more liberal / greater good / pitch in for society's sake type folk. And FFS, yes I know there are exceptions - I don't need to hear the story about this teacher you know that's a freeloader.

But man do his panties get in a wad and he thinks "political leftwing activism" is bringing (or has brought) the whole thing down when you talk about reform. That said he talks only in absolutes so he can't be taken seriously. And yes, he believes the kitty litter stories.

You're not going to see a bunch of hippies running wall street. I don't want a bunch of capitalism bros or bored malinformed MAGA bitches running schools either. Like everything in life, it's somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

The Mom’s for Liberty movement is based on fear based politics from the right.

These groups are a natural outgrowth of conservative religious activism. Idiots like DeSantis amplified their agenda to make it overtly political. MFL are moral warrior bible thumpers.

MFL is an ultra conservative Christian activist organization.

They are essentially a modern version of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union which was formed in the late 19th century to promote abstinence from alcohol.

MFL= WCTU. Bible thumpers. Instead of protesting at bars they show up at school board meetings and such.
457306113b9835981de212375394fd52.jpg

These groups are a natural outgrowth of conservative religious activism. Idiots like DeSantis amplified their agenda to make it overtly political. MFL are moral warrior bible thumpers.

MFL is an ultra conservative Christian activist organization.

They are essentially a modern version of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union which was formed in the late 19th century to promote abstinence from alcohol.

MFL= WCTU. Bible thumpers. Instead of protesting at bars they show up at school board meetings and such.
457306113b9835981de212375394fd52.jpg
All Northern sees when he looks at this picture are 10 women that belong in the kitchen and need a good beating.

I voted for 3 democrats and 1 Republican for school board yesterday.

I LOVE it when the extremist loons realize they are merely the vocal minority.

It’s disgusting when their myopic worldview makes them think that their crazy is mainstream.

I wouldn't put much stock in an off year school board election.

Always have very low turnout. The results are often favorable to teachers and their unions. You can count on school employees and their family and close friends to turn out. Not so much anyone else.

Leftwingers: "Cedar Rapids and DMPS schools are so well run. Let's keep electing the same minded people because we want the same old results."
Cedar Rapids wants the same results? You mean with some of the best schools in the state despite facing more socioeconomic challenges than the suburban districts that rate lower on Iowa School Performance Profiles? You don't say!

I've never sat down and looked over the candidates' statements and positions for a school board election before yesterday. Thanks to Moms for Liberty for making me an informed voter who did my part to keep you off my school board.
My sister said the same thing. She said some of their pitches made it easy to cross them off the list. Man, tough day for fascists...

Don't let Chis read that. He'll kick you out of his club. :cool:
You're on a roll with looking foolish and making things up in these jabs at me. My favorite candidates are real Republicans aka RINOS a lot of the time. On the record long ago saying this.

You're on a roll with looking foolish and making things up in these jabs at me. My favorite candidates are real Republicans aka RINOS a lot of the time. On the record long ago saying this.
So you've said, but you've also told us there are none (real Republicans). You basically told @HailtoPitt to vote straight Democrat party line. (just keep'n ya honest, Chis)

I will say, no one on this forum takes jabs better that you and Trad. I commend you both! 🤜🤛

Last edited:
hey man did you see we're 22? 😎 All bc of you!

I wouldn't put much stock in an off year school board election.

Always have very low turnout. The results are often favorable to teachers and their unions. You can count on school employees and their family and close friends to turn out. Not so much anyone else.
so the Moms for Liberty and their supporters care about schools but not enough to participate in a school board election? Is that really your argument?

so the Moms for Liberty and their supporters care about schools but not enough to participate in a school board election? Is that really your argument?

Oh birch...

They participate but the number of people galvanized pales in comparison to teachers, their families and friends.

An argument can be made that in the era of Covid, enough people were called to action where some electoral victories were achieved.

It's likely you won't read these articles. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

Off Cycle, Out of Mind: Why School Board Elections Should Be Held With Statewide Elections

It’s time to eliminate ‘off-cycle’ school board elections

Oh birch...

They participate but the number of people galvanized pales in comparison to teachers, their families and friends.

An argument can be made that in the era of Covid, enough people were called to action where some electoral victories were achieved.

It's likely you won't read these articles. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

Off Cycle, Out of Mind: Why School Board Elections Should Be Held With Statewide Elections

It’s time to eliminate ‘off-cycle’ school board elections

Voter ID
Mail in voting
Redistricting
On/Off cycle election timing
etc...
etc...

chess-chesscom.gif

Reactions: ping72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT