ADVERTISEMENT

Moms For Liberty

Oh birch...

They participate but the number of people galvanized pales in comparison to teachers, their families and friends.

An argument can be made that in the era of Covid, enough people were called to action where some electoral victories were achieved.

It's likely you won't read these articles. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

Off Cycle, Out of Mind: Why School Board Elections Should Be Held With Statewide Elections

It’s time to eliminate ‘off-cycle’ school board elections
I guess that will give the Moms something to work on before the next school board election since they won't be making official decisions for many of the schools in Central Iowa.

I've never sat down and looked over the candidates' statements and positions for a school board election before yesterday. Thanks to Moms for Liberty for making me an informed voter who did my part to keep you off my school board.

Second straight school board election where I volunteered time to distribute information, knock on doors in my neighborhood and work on getting out the vote to support certain school board candidates. Second straight school board election where I'm quite pleased with the results in our district.
Had a very entertaining and lively (but respectful) discussion with a volunteer supporting Moms For Liberty supported candidates who knocked on our door by mistake (insert joke about person not being able to accurately read a house number; the Moms For Liberty supporters he was trying to visit live next door to me).
Couldn't agree more about what that organization has done to motivate me. I've gone to homes in our neighborhood to hear the candidates speak, read the literature and investigated their credentials. My kids are no longer students in the district but I have zero desire to see the local school system get hijacked by the Moms for Liberty candidates.

I guess that will give the Moms something to work on before the next school board election since they won't be making official decisions for many of the schools in Central Iowa.

That's OK.

Our very own Governor Reynolds has given the residents of this state the ability to take their tax dollars and leave schools that are led by your preferred decision makers.

Let freedom ring!

American Flag Animation GIF

That's OK.

Our very own Governor Reynolds has given the residents of this state the ability to take their tax dollars and leave schools that are led by your preferred decision makers.

Let freedom ring!

American Flag Animation GIF

God Bless America. I may go down to Mediacom Stadium in the next couple weeks and just marvel at democracy in action. Dare I say...the next Ioway "Field of Dreams?"

387207555_703391618487147_4373542028421976955_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: hawkbirch
About as likely as you reading those articles.

It's not my fault you can't pick out the lines in the articles that go directly to my point on the post you quoted.

Hint: It's actually a !!!BoTh SIdeS!!!! commentary and believe it or not I'm agreeing with the basic substance of what you're trying to pick at - albeit a one sided view on your part.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas80
Let's see the full interview. No edits.
Have the women complained that they were misquoted or what they said was taken out of context?
What did you find objectionable about the citizens in Beaufort coming together to review and discuss books, or the older guy who stated parents should be able to review what their kids study, but the movement had turned into parents telling other parents what their kids could study?

We were watching that last night. The whole segment seemed agenda driven and lacking balance.

I'd like to see the full interview with no 60 Minutes edits.
What balance would you have liked?
The school board vice president was a republican in south carolina. The two nitwits talking had to read from scripted sheets because they were so out of their depth they didn't know how to answer. Obviously 60 minutes had rarely if ever seen this before and was a bit shocked by their behavior/answers.
Get a clue, when the truth isn't on your side it will always look unbalanced.

We were watching that last night. The whole segment seemed agenda driven and lacking balance.

I'd like to see the full interview with no 60 Minutes edits.
It wouldn't change your mind. You won't change your mind unless Trump told you to.

Pelley then narrated over the segment, claiming, "They often dodged questions with talking points."

Pelley again narrated over the segment as Justice was seen reading examples from books that she brought in to show the sexually explicit nature of the books in question.

Pelley then narrated over the segment, claiming, "They often dodged questions with talking points."

Pelley again narrated over the segment as Justice was seen reading examples from books that she brought in to show the sexually explicit nature of the books in question.

Because you cant just air idiots talking aimlessly without making any points relevant to the discussion.

Reactions: hawkbirch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT