ADVERTISEMENT

Monday night game bigger than

I know we feel a little hard done to have to be playing this game in the E8 but if you would’ve been told this was happening on April 2, 2023 you would’ve taken it in a heartbeat.
Indeed. I was hopeful, but not optimistic, that the Hawks would get here. If they play Monday like they did today I'll take it, Great Team win!

This will be top 5 in views for any sporting event this year. Will definitely be bigger than the championship by a wide margin. This is like Hollywood writing, and the media is going to feast on the drama.

Remember watching "the last dance" and seeing how the smallest trash talk would motivate Jordan for an entire year. Imagine if someone had chased him around the court in the finals smirking while waving their hand in his face as the clock wound down. I bet Caitlin has been waiting for this moment ever since.

Godzilla vs. King Kong

"Too soon Eddie, too soon."

636083199121594239-DESBrd-09-15-2013-DMRState-1-C005--2013-09-14-IMG-0915IowaBooth.jpg-1-1-KJ5540TF-L287149531-IMG-0915IowaBooth.jpg-1-1-KJ5540TF.jpg

Hopefully it isn't the biggest game ever.... Because that means we won and are moving on.

Iowa vs. South Carolina in the championship would be the biggest ever.

Rematch of last year. SC going for the undefeated championship. Iowa is the only team to beat SC in 2 years. The greatest women's player EVER. Would blow away previous viewership numbers.

Hopefully we see it, but just enjoy the ride now! Iowa has already matched and exceeded fan expectations at this point.

2nd straight elite 8!

If they, LSU plays defense like WV lets hope the Refs call them. T up Mulkey early in the game to set her ASS on the bench!!. Everyone for Iowa score in double figures like today and Iowa runs away with it

I echo and hope what OutbackBowl201 says is true. I'm almost more hoping for LSU to LOSE than Iowa to win. They disgust me. I want refs to keep that wrinkly ole prune Mulkey in check, off the floor, a technical or maybe 2! Same goes for that Barbasol Needs a shave Reese. AND! if Iowa loses in the handshake line I don't need to see Mulkey putting her hands on Caitlin's cheeks wishing her well and all that other made for TV B.S. Celebrate sure then Clarke do what you do, go sign autographs!

Both teams like to play fast. We played almost exclusively man today surprisingly. And as good as it’s been all year. Do we do the same against LSU? Hannah on Angel and Kate against Morrow? That’s a tough matchup. Not worried at all about Van Lith, she’s terrible. Johnson probably the X factor.

Why is Angel always the headline for LSU, when she's not even the best player on her team?
It is crazy the pub she gets. She's a heck of an athlete playing basketball, but she's not very skilled....I think the WNBA is taking a hard look at her because she'll be playing against like athletes in the league that will more readily nuetralize her..

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
No way, the women playing in a Champ game is a first time event, a chance at a title with one win. Elite 8 is big for this year but not as big.
Exactly. Even a win still leaves you 2 wins away. Still Its the biggest game this year to this point...

Reactions: eyesofhawk
Remember watching "the last dance" and seeing how the smallest trash talk would motivate Jordan for an entire year. Imagine if someone had chased him around the court in the finals smirking while waving their hand in his face as the clock wound down. I bet Caitlin has been waiting for this moment ever since.
Agreed. People have posted that Clark was OKAY with it all because she handled it so gracefully, to which I called Bullshit. She knows how to control a presser with the media, but I'll guarantee you she was FAR from okay with that shit. No type A like her could be....

Both teams like to play fast. We played almost exclusively man today surprisingly. And as good as it’s been all year. Do we do the same against LSU? Hannah on Angel and Kate against Morrow? That’s a tough matchup. Not worried at all about Van Lith, she’s terrible. Johnson probably the X factor.
really just need to keep them from scoring in the paint and keep Flau'jae pushed farther outside. They're going to try to go Reese/Marrow but Flau'jae can absolutely take over late if she needs to.

Reactions: amahawk
Iowa tempo is too fast for LSU to defend and players to quick, add in they are a terrible shooting team and we will see similar result as today. CC22 is gonna bring the game of her life and fully expect a triple double with her crashing the boards to get 10 to 12 boards.
LSU has some quickness with Flo"nay & pigtailed blondie

• Haha
Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT