ADVERTISEMENT

Monday night game bigger than

Besides rebounding, the biggest concern is LSU getting some early offensive fouls on Clark. Poa and Van Lith both flop like fish and Caitlin does have a habit of extending her off arm to create space.
She does. For all of the griping about her demeanor the one thing which actually bothers me about her game her propensity to extend that off arm, even if she doesn’t push off with it. If I’m bluder, I’m the refs early and often warning about flopping.

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
She does. For all of the griping about her demeanor the one thing which actually bothers me about her game her propensity to extend that off arm, even if she doesn’t push off with it. If I’m bluder, I’m the refs early and often warning about flopping.

Same. I'm shocked it doesn't get called more often, because by the letter of the law you could probably call 2-3 charges on her per game just on that alone.

If I remember correctly that's how she got into foul trouble during the championship game last year. Poa and one of their other guards pressed Clark and then took dives when she tried to create space.

Iowa LSU New record viewers this yr. If Iowa in title game that will be the new record. LSU SC title game will get around 7million. But anyway it ll be fun. One other positive goin into game LSU lost 63 point from that game last year. I like are chances.

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
She probably doesn’t extend her arm as much if the officials call all the bumping and hand checking she takes on a regular basis. If the game was cleaned up and more of that was called she likely doesn’t develop that habit in the first place.

She probably doesn’t extend her arm as much if the officials call all the bumping and hand checking she takes on a regular basis. If the game was cleaned up and more of that was called she likely doesn’t develop that habit in the first place.
Also true. For as much as i have criticized the women’s refs this year, that was a good crew that did the LSU/UCLA and Iowa/Colo game. Does anyone know if that is the women’s game’s best crew and if they will do tomorrow’s game?

She got her 2nd with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter yesterday I believe. She basically laid off and got a break around 2 minutes or so. But you’re correct. Van Lith is actually having a terrible season offensively but she is really good at drawing charges. And I’m guessing she’ll draw the assignment on CC.

Once again EVERY player extends that arm when they are driving against pressure on their off arm. EVERYBODY does this. Its just like the complaint that CC complains about most of her fouls, and fouls not called. They all do the same thing. We're just to close to the whole deal, and Clark has the ball way more and draws WAY more attention from defenders then anyone else. None of this is a "Clark thing". Its just that she's under the microscope. Actually watch other players. They all do the same things.

Sorry kids but I don't see Iowa winning this one. LSU is a more physical team with is exactly what disrupts Iowa. Iowa's only chance is to play through the contact and get fouls...which ain't happenin' with Mulkey on the sidelines and the weak officials we've seen throughout the tourney.

• Sad
Reactions: BirdistheWord
She got her 2nd with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter yesterday I believe. She basically laid off and got a break around 2 minutes or so. But you’re correct. Van Lith is actually having a terrible season offensively but she is really good at drawing charges. And I’m guessing she’ll draw the assignment on CC.

Out of anyone on LSU I'd want Van Lith to be the one guarding Clark. She's the smallest and least athletic person in their starting lineup.

But it sounds like Flau'jae will be the one with the first crack at her (or at least she wants that assignment).

Once again EVERY player extends that arm when they are driving against pressure on their off arm. EVERYBODY does this. Its just like the complaint that CC complains about most of her fouls, and fouls not called. They all do the same thing. We're just to close to the whole deal, and Clark has the ball way more and draws WAY more attention from defenders then anyone else. None of this is a "Clark thing". Its just that she's under the microscope. Actually watch other players. They all do the same things.
Settle down Bevis. I just said it is bothers me. It bothers me because people flop and I don’t want her to get called for non-fouls.

Same. I'm shocked it doesn't get called more often, because by the letter of the law you could probably call 2-3 charges on her per game just on that alone.

If I remember correctly that's how she got into foul trouble during the championship game last year. Poa and one of their other guards pressed Clark and then took dives when she tried to create space.

True, but the Truth is it’s everywhere, everyone is consistently pushing off like that and you really can’t blame them. They let the defense impede progress at an unprecedented level.

Sorry kids but I don't see Iowa winning this one. LSU is a more physical team with is exactly what disrupts Iowa. Iowa's only chance is to play through the contact and get fouls...which ain't happenin' with Mulkey on the sidelines and the weak officials we've seen throughout the tourney.

I’m not screwing with you when I say this, but….

1) you’ve been underrating them all season, right? Again not being a jerk but this isn’t the first time you thought they couldn’t win.

2) have you seen LSU play? They aren’t even close to as physical as West Va was, nor as quick.

3) we have proved we can be physical. And they aren’t remotely as quick as West Virginia or probably even Colorado.

You did know Iowa opened as a slight favorite, right?

Vegas has consistently been higher on our team and much of the rest of the free world…🤷‍♂️

I’m not screwing with you when I say this, but….

1) you’ve been underrating them all season, right? Again not being a jerk but this isn’t the first time you thought they couldn’t win.

2) have you seen LSU play? They aren’t even close to as physical as West Va was, nor as quick.

3) we have proved we can be physical. And they aren’t remotely as quick as West Virginia or probably even Colorado.

You did know Iowa opened as a slight favorite, right?

Vegas has consistently been higher on our team and much of the rest of the free world…🤷‍♂️

"All season"? Not exactly. They're a clear #1 seed and I picked them to win the B1G tourney and every NCAA game so far. Underrating them? They're a clear #1 seed. My college buds and I constantly talk about the ball movement (for example) and how we haven't seen anything like that in years. Clark is an unbelievable sniper/playmaker combo. I love it when folks who know I'm an Iowa fan ask about CC and the Hawks.

I just tend to agree with Fran that physical, rebounding teams give Iowa the most trouble and having Mulkey on (and over) the sideline with the weak officiating we've seen is a big wild card. That combo took them out of the game early last year. If they play like they did against Colorado they'll win, but LSU is a tough out.

Seems like every team that makes a run in March Madness has a "unexpected" player step up. Sydney Affolter kind of looks like that player for Iowa right now. Another big game from her would be huge.

Last edited:

You act like CC is the only player who does this. Hell, every men's and women's player does it. A foul should only be called if it gives the offensive player a clear advantage. And there's also this: In CC's case, she extends the off arm because the defender keeps fouling her. She extends the arm to get the damn defender off her, which wouldn't be necessary if the refs would call a foul a foul

Let's have a game that's officiated fairly and see how great LSU is then.

Everybody, including the most objective observers, called the last meeting between these two teams the worst officiated basketball game of all time. They were right.

Let's keep the bias out of it. Let's keep the thuggery out of it. Let's just play basketball. If the Hawkeyes are given a fair shake, they'll beat LSU. Simple as that.

If Iowa is up late and game in hand, be prepared for CC to do the "you can't guard me" hand wave. Guarantee she has been waiting for an LSU rematch.
I hope she gives a bawling Angel a hug and shoulder to cry on when Angel fouls out with 2 min left down 10. What ever she does it won't be classless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT