ADVERTISEMENT

Monday night game bigger than

If they, LSU plays defense like WV lets hope the Refs call them. T up Mulkey early in the game to set her ASS on the bench!!. Everyone for Iowa score in double figures like today and Iowa runs away with it
Mulkey could be clear out in the free throw circle and the refs still won't give her a technical. Not sure why they let her do what she does.

Indeed. I was hopeful, but not optimistic, that the Hawks would get here. If they play Monday like they did today I'll take it, Great Team win!

Keep the Faith brother. We are the 2nd best team left. It sucks to play what maybe the 3rd best now, but it is what it is….

we need to quit thinking of everybody else as a “matchup problem” and realize that we are…

As I’ve now said 20 times very recently West Virginia, or Princeton 2nd round bothered me.

You gotta stop and realize these teams without a ton of depth, which LSU doesn’t have & several big girls inside, they are going to “struggle” getting up and down the court with us…

We’re a good rebounding team. We’ve settled into a decent defensive team that CAN make a stop when needed.

Here we go…

PS… West Virginia had six guards 511 to 56… Quite possibly the quickest team that we played all year and will moving forward.

Caitlin’s up tempo ability to push the ball and find open players is what I’m referring too. Reese and Morrow are slow of foot. Play fast and force them to run the floor and you will see them foul, kinda like today vs Colorado.

You are correct and LSU isn’t what you would call a “lockdown“ team & HVL isn’t a particularly great defender.

Angel is a horse. End of story, but she misses plenty of bunnies, she isn’t really very quick and she reaches a lot and can get fouls in bunches.

I’m not saying, we can’t lose here guys, we can lose to anybody left. We could’ve lost to West Virginia, but we’re battle tested, we’re tougher than people give us credit for, we are more athletic than people give us credit for, and we have now proven we can win an ugly game….

If Iowa is up late and game in hand, be prepared for CC to do the "you can't guard me" hand wave. Guarantee she has been waiting for an LSU rematch.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
images

I’d Angel her Reece.

In the past 365(6) days we’ve only lost a total of 5 games to:
LSU
KSU
OSU
Nebraska
Indiana

We’ve also beaten the following teams in our next matchup against them:
KSU
OSU
Nebraska

And we beat the crap out of Indiana about 5 weeks before they beat us at their place. They lost too early in the BTT to give us a chance at a revenge game for that loss. We at least beat the ever loving hell out of the Michigan team that beat them.

So, what I’m saying is that it is time to add LSU to that 2nd list.

In the past 365(6) days we’ve only lost a total of 5 games to:
LSU
KSU
OSU
Nebraska
Indiana

We’ve also beaten the following teams in our next matchup against them:
KSU
OSU
Nebraska

And we beat the crap out of Indiana about 5 weeks before they beat us at their place. They lost too early in the BTT to give us a chance at a revenge game for that loss. We at least beat the ever loving hell out of the Michigan team that beat them.

So, what I’m saying is that it is time to add LSU to that 2nd list.
Iowa is the ONLY team in the country (besides S Carolina) that has beaten EVERY team on their schedule this season..

Hopefully it isn't the biggest game ever.... Because that means we won and are moving on.

Iowa vs. South Carolina in the championship would be the biggest ever.

Rematch of last year. SC going for the undefeated championship. Iowa is the only team to beat SC in 2 years. The greatest women's player EVER. Would blow away previous viewership numbers.

Hopefully we see it, but just enjoy the ride now! Iowa has already matched and exceeded fan expectations at this point.

2nd straight elite 8!
Agreed. I don’t give a flip who you’re playing, an E8 game is never bigger than playing in the National Championship game.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Maybe we are following two different convos in this thread. If I’m confused it’s late.
I was answering OP’s question. But for clarity did he mean last year’s NCG against LSU? Then yes, ratings wise, this game will have a larger audience.

Did OP mean the NCG game this year without Iowa…that’s an easy yes. With Iowa? Nah, way more eyeballs for that game.

Let’s just blame OP for a lack of clarity 😂

Reactions: Tenacious E
If I'm Bluder, I tell the refs pregame I expect a T on Mulkey if she goes onto the court during the run of play. If Mulkey goes out there anyway and it's not called, you call a TO and remind the refs in the strongest possible terms. If it still persists, you deliberately have a player run into her

DON'T LEAVE THE REFS ANY CHOICE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT