ADVERTISEMENT

More fake news from NASA

I like to check up on the South Pole once in a while. Apparently South Pole ice is melting too after many decades of increases.

That video makes me wonder if we can somehow plug or dam up that straight where all the sea ice goes south.

Just like the burning arctic - it’s all a plot to take your money.

Ugh, so confusing with these mixed messages! NASA also says Greenland glaciers are growing and that they really have no good accurate way to measure Antarctic snowfall! Let’s just simplify and do whatever a child from Europe tells us to do!

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/145185/major-greenland-glacier-is-growing

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2836/...-to-sea-level-rise-was-mitigated-by-snowfall/

Ugh, so confusing with these mixed messages! NASA also says Greenland glaciers are growing and that they really have no good accurate way to measure Antarctic snowfall! Let’s just simplify and do whatever a child from Europe tells us to do!

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/145185/major-greenland-glacier-is-growing

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2836/...-to-sea-level-rise-was-mitigated-by-snowfall/

Global warming is the “let’s fix this disease by draining this guys blood” of our generation.

Reactions: Rudolph

Funny, how gravitmetric measurements show overall losses, though, eh?

It's like that one stock in your portfolio doubled, while 90% of the portfolio tanked, and you think you should have more money. Except.....math!

Physics:

1 g of ice requires 80x more energy to melt, than it takes to warm 1 g of water +1°C.

Wanna guess what happens as all of that ice melts, and where that 80x more heat goes?

(Hint: That 1g of melted ice would rise 80°C w/o any other water around it)

In the video at about the 1 minute mark, there is almost no old ice. Then it fills back up again. Then at the end of the video it looks the same again. So was it catastrophic global warming that caused the old ice to disappear the first time? And did the world end then?

Pretty sure you didn't understand the video.

Stick to Dick/Jane books.

What a well thought out response. Great way to argue when you are wrong; just insult people and they won't realize how ignorant you are.

What a well thought out response. Great way to argue when you are wrong; just insult people and they won't realize how ignorant you are.

You've been corrected numerous times on a lack of understanding climate science.
"Playing the victim" seems to be your last resort here.

You've been corrected numerous times on a lack of understanding climate science.
"Playing the victim" seems to be your last resort here.

Lol I think you are mistaken. However even if that were true, it wouldn't change that you can't answer questions so you try insults instead. Same thing you're doing in the thread about the Covington kids in comparison to the Thurnburg girl.

Lol I think you are mistaken. However even if that were true, it wouldn't change that you can't answer questions so you try insults instead. Same thing you're doing in the thread about the Covington kids in comparison to the Thurnburg girl.
The video is about OLD ICE you nob. The bright white stuff. Not about the seasonal young stuff, although even that is clearly decreasing as well. So just because you see seasonal winter ice fill in the map doesn't mean the problem with old ice is fixed. Try listening to the narration - that might help.

The video is about OLD ICE you nob. The bright white stuff. Not about the seasonal young stuff, although even that is clearly decreasing as well. So just because you see seasonal winter ice fill in the map doesn't mean the problem with old ice is fixed. Try listening to the narration - that might help.

I'm talking about the old ice. Watch it again. What time period is represented at around the 1 minute mark of the video?

BUT IN THE DICK/JANE BOOK, DICK WAS ALREADY RUNNING THE LAST TIME I READ IT!!!! FAKE NEWS!!!!

Ok my bad. Missed it switching back the first time.

Someone could just answer the question though. You guys are a bunch of assholes. Get over yourselves.

Someone could just answer the question though. You guys are a bunch of assholes. Get over yourselves.

I did answer it. I said you didn't understand the video. Then you went all MAGA about it.

Yes, we were the assholes...
"So was it catastrophic global warming that caused the old ice to disappear the first time? And did the world end then?"

"So was it catastrophic global warming that caused the old ice to disappear the first time? And did the world end then?"

Dude.....he's the "victim" here!!!

Kid gloves! Kid gloves!!!!o_O

Careful....he's gonna "amplify" the problem now and destroy civilization as we know it "just to own the libs".......:cool:

Yeah that is why I said my bad. I made a dumb statement. How is that the same as making personal attacks?

Yeah that is why I said my bad. I made a dumb statement. How is that the same as making personal attacks?
Don't play the victim. You made a snarky comment, got caught, didn't realize it, doubled down with this gem " just insult people and they won't realize how ignorant you are" and then finally saw your error and now are trying to play the aggrieved. Just own it and move on to the next thread where you can add more snarky comments to subjects you don't understand but feel that everyone else is wrong about.

you understand it's temp the difference btwn the equator and poles that drives currents correct? We're already seeing some consequence as there's less push causing storms to sit and spin longer.

Meandering Jet Stream

One factor in the more extreme flooding events observed.

And it gets much worse when the ice is gone

Not sure what to believe....better check to see what 16 year olds in Sweden are saying before deciding...

I peed a little ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT