ADVERTISEMENT

Most athletic class ever!!

tony0051

HR MVP
Mar 29, 2006
So I challenge anyone to find a more athletic group of recruits in history. Factoring position comparisons, this is my ranking of most athletic. Just doing top 10. Don't want to disrespect anyone.

1) Crawford. Again, comparing positions. Listed as 4.7 40. I have watched his videos and there are few DE recruits who run like he does at 270 lbs. He has a crazy thick and explosive base. Thin upper body but he is a freak!!

2) Johnson. Don't care. 6'2" 220lbs and elite top end speed. If RB ain't his thing LB AA will be.

3) Nwankpa. #1 safety in nation. Top 20 national player. Big, strong and fast. Another elite athlete for position.

4) Vanderbush. Again, a high level track athlete. Undersized, so not higher ranked. In just speed and length, he is elite.

5) Patterson. This is based solely on what Jerry Dinardo said when picking his top under the radar pick. Paraphrasing, "he sticks his foot in the ground and explodes as well as anyone I have seen on film". Also, he averaged 15 yds/ carry in his HS career.

6) Entringer. Honestly looks like Nwankpa clone on tape. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he plays WR. Excellent blocker and great feet from soccer background.

7) Bostic. High level track athlete again. Little thin but a sub 4.5 40 and 39 vertical shows he can scoot. Great prospect.

8) Graves. Incredibly strong. Not super fast for DE but elite for DT. Think Karl Klug, but bigger by 10-15 lbs.

9) Dotzler. Great length and agility. Only 260 listed weight and missed his SR season to injury. Injury surely led to some development slowing but if he were 285-290 he would be 4 star all day.

10) Allen Jr. Like Graves I see Allen at DT. Good DE athlete but elite DT.

That is best top 10 ever.

Last edited:
8) Graves. Incredibly strong. Not super fast for DE but elite for DT. Think Karl Klug, but bigger by 10-15 lbs.
Irs a very good class. I'd rate Graves in the top5 for athletic ability but I wouldn't want to quibble with your list too much otherwise. Together with the 2021 class, the future looks very bright indeed....... the underclassmen OL + the '22 RBs wow.

1) Crawford. Again, comparing positions. KS 100 meter champ and I promise I have watched his videos and there are few DE recruits who run like he does at 270 lbs. He has a crazy thick and explosive base. Thin upper body but he is a freak!!
Link for 100 meter champion. I don't think he competes in that event.

So I challenge anyone to find a more athletic group of recruits in history. Factoring position comparisons, this is my ranking of most athletic. Just doing top 10. Don't want to disrespect anyone.

1) Crawford. Again, comparing positions. KS 100 meter champ and I promise I have watched his videos and there are few DE recruits who run like he does at 270 lbs. He has a crazy thick and explosive base. Thin upper body but he is a freak!!

2) Johnson. Don't care. 6'2" 220lbs and elite top end speed. If RB ain't his thing LB AA will be.

3) Nwankpa. #1 safety in nation. Top 20 national player. Big, strong and fast. Another elite athlete for position.

4) Vanderbush. Again, a high level track athlete. Undersized, so not higher ranked. In just speed and length, he is elite.

5) Patterson. This is based solely on what Jerry Dinardo said when picking his top under the radar pick. Paraphrasing, "he sticks his foot in the ground and explodes as well as anyone I have seen on film". Also, he averaged 15 yds/ carry in his HS career.

6) Entringer. Honestly looks like Nwankpa clone on tape. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he plays WR. Excellent blocker and great feet from soccer background.

7) Bostic. High level track athlete again. Little thin but a sub 4.5 40 and 39 vertical shows he can scoot. Great prospect.

9) Dotzler. Great length and agility. Only 260 listed weight and missed his SR season to injury. Injury surely led to some development slowing but if he were 285-290 he would be 4 star all day.

Agree ...KFs best overall class ever, IMO

Reactions: BEAN DOG

Except Klug weighed 215 lbs when he got to Iowa from Minnesota. Graves could play next year.......

1) Crawford. Again, comparing positions. Listed as 4.7 40. I have watched his videos and there are few DE recruits who run like he does at 270 lbs. He has a crazy thick and explosive base. Thin upper body but he is a freak!!

Best hyperbole ever!

I don’t think Crawford is anywhere near 270. And where do you see vanderbush is a high level track athlete?

Klug left Iowa at 275-280. I expect Graves to leave at 290ish
I think about 270ish. My point was that it Took Klug, like King a couple of years to get up to anywhere near where Graves will come in when he steps on campus........

Graves is 270 now...and my guess he's in the 285-290 in a year. He may play on the outside initially...but my guess is that he is going to be a freak at 290 at some point beating OGs on the inside and being a disruptive force. I'm looking forward to watching him. He's a freak.

It's a good class top to bottom.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT