ADVERTISEMENT

Most want the exciting pass but Donovan Edwards and KalebJ say hello!

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I still think it is one of the top types of plays in football when the defense is crowding the LOS and the running back bursts thru, sometimes he needs to make a move of a safety and/or Lbkr, then they are off to the races. Edwards is a big part of the Mich short passing game and I didnt know he had that speed.

And when KalebJ burts thru the LOS and has those great instinctive moves to veer and make guys miss then he has the speed to be gone. We have cheered Canzeri, Wadley, Daniels, Goodson and now Kaleb since 2014 and '15 for their long runs and of course the OLine makes it possible.

I am old but not necessarily old school but I still think the hawks need to get the exciting, successful running game back in place. It might mean Brian to run game coordinator and OLine coach and maybe even called Co-OC and then some other really dynamic playcaller and QB Whisperer who can mix in an above avg pass attack.

I am not saying Paul Chryst but he does have the successful experience and is a former qb so someone like him with a proven record. And there have to be a pretty good group of very good OC's out there to bring to Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT