ADVERTISEMENT

Movies you’re looking forward to

Camhawk2012

HB MVP
Nov 13, 2020
There are a ton of good movies slated for the end of this year and early next year. Which ones are you looking forward to?
For me:

Eternals
Dune
Matrix 4

There are a ton of good movies slated for the end of this year and early next year. Which ones are you looking forward to?
For me:

Eternals
Dune
Matrix 4

I’m not so sure Eternals will be good, but the third Spider-Man looks and sounds amazing. The second Doctor Strange will be great as well.

I absolutely hated Matrix 2 & 3, but the original Matrix, Animatrix, the short story by Neil Gaiman and most of the video games were all great. And this one looks good in the trailers.

Dune….I’ve been waiting for years for a revamped high budget version to come out. So I’m incredibly excited.

If we’re talking further down the road, I can’t wait for:

Star Trek 4 (or 5 or whatever)
A new Jurasic Park
A new Transformers (which I think is a late 2022 movie)

I was disappointed sad to say. Could have been good/great.
Same here. I didn’t have HBO during the original run of The Sopranos, so I’ve only seen parts of the series. But since I have HBO now I figured I’d check out the prequel.

Cheesy dialogue, overwrought ethnic/racial stereotypes, and mediocre acting. Even Ray Liotta in dual roles was just sort of meh. I got bored and turned it off about 2/3 of the way through.

The best thing I can say about it is that Michael Gandolfini is the spitting image of his father and Michela De Rossi has great tits.

d5c2c261cd3cd733297dcf9520ac7641

It's a series, not a movie, but I'm stoked that Wheel of Time is finally being filmed.

Best. Fantasy. Series. Ever.

I just hope they don't screw it up. But it won't be easy to do it justice.

I thought of a third good thing about The Many Saints of Newark. Teenage Tony was a big fan of The Rolling Stones and they played “Sway” as the movie was transitioning from 1967 to the early 70s.

I was disappointed sad to say. Could have been good/great.
Yeah, we saw it in the theatre this week. I kind of liked it. However, we just finished watching all of the Sopranos episodes again last week, and there were numerous things that related back to the series, that I thought were pretty cool.

I wasn’t expecting “great”, as there’s a lot to pack into 2 hours, however I think they did a pretty good job with what they had. They are setting themselves up for more movies to follow or (hopefully) another series.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I liked Chalamet as Hal in The King. He could pull off playing Paul. Depending on what they give him to work with.

Zendaya has a good look for Chani (attractive and exotic) but I haven't noticed her in anything so I don't know if she can act. Ditto for Rebecca Ferguson as Jessica. She played Elizabeth in The White Queen, which got good ratings, but I didn't see it.

So, anyway, I'm hopeful.

I hope they don't dwell on the worm or the Baron too much. The feudal Empire, the Fremen, Dune's ecology, and the convoluted, betrayal-driven politics were what made the book so great.

I liked Chalamet as Hal in The King. He could pull off playing Paul. Depending on what they give him to work with.

Zendaya has a good look for Chani (attractive and exotic) but I haven't noticed her in anything so I don't know if she can act. Ditto for Rebecca Ferguson as Jessica. She played Elizabeth in The White Queen, which got good ratings, but I didn't see it.

So, anyway, I'm hopeful.

I hope they don't dwell on the worm or the Baron too much. The feudal Empire, the Fremen, Dune's ecology, and the convoluted, betrayal-driven politics were what made the book so great.
I agree with pretty much all you said. Having watched all the trailers though I am worried that DV will devote far more to Duncan Idaho and Gurney Halleck's storylines and not enough to that of Stilgar and the Fremen. I will be very interested , since there are supposed to be two movies, to find out where in the book do they finish the first movie.

The new Spider-Man and Dr. Strange movies.

Also have my ticket for the Rocky IV directors cut. Yes, it is cheesy and hokey….but dang, its Rocky and Drago!

So Top Gun: Maverick has been pushed like a 5th time while other movies continue to release? WTF!? Do people only catch Covid at Paramount-released movies?

I think they want to make sure they capture as many box office tickets possible from white men ages 30-49.

Definitely the Anteater movies.

Anteater 3: All the ants must die
Anteater 4: Still a few left to clean up

Dune II.
I always avoided the original Dune it always looked cheap and laughable. The effects were terrible and it looked like b version of a b version movie.
But I did watch the new Dune and it was damn good. Good enough I sat down and watched the original and the original is as bad if not worse than I thought it would be.
With that being said the new dune was great and am looking forward to the sequel.

Reactions: Red Hills Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT