ADVERTISEMENT

Mulvey

Big Jelly will probably never be able to play more then a few minutes at a time. He made mention himself that doctors told him about a year ago he may never play again. We have no idea what thats about, but still revealing that he said that. That and what appears obvious that he and Fran mutually decided he should move on tells me that its unlikely he'll ever be a full time player at this level. Maybe we'll see him somewhere, but I kind of doubt it will be at a D1 school....
Chad Leistikow alluded to Josh possibly returning to Iowa next year. That kind of shocked me that Fran would take him back.

He wasn’t ready for prime time this year. But he got a year of development at a B1G vs dominating HS kids. And, since I’m a mind reader and know your next question, you’d have to ask him why he didn’t redshirt since it’s the player’s decision.
Ok….? I’m not sure where anything you said pointed to him being a contributor on a good B1G team.

Chad Leistikow alluded to Josh possibly returning to Iowa next year. That kind of shocked me that Fran would take him back.
That would be shocking, especially if Fran lands another big. At this point maybe thats not looking good and Frans covering his ass just in case. Hell who knows. Maybe it was Josh's idea to move on and Fran will take him back? Either way he's got a LOT of work to do to ever be a major contributor at Iowa. He showed flashes, so not saying its impossible that fran could make it work with about 15 minutes/game from JO and Mulvey each. Hmmm... the plot thickens...

As long as he was up front and honest and left in good terms (unlike CJF) maybe Fran shows his original commitment to him. Fran has shown he's pretty loyal to his guys over the years. Thing is too maybe Josh is seeing what is happening with football where these guys are leaving and not only are finding grass isn't always greener but a lot of these guys in the portals aren't getting offers anywhere else and losing their free rides. Still figure with his size you'd figure a mid major would take a chance on him but who knows.

It seems that everyone including myself believe that Mulvey was recruited to be a center, but looking back at his minutes on the court he was not playing the center position. I wonder if we are pigeon holing him into that position and Fran sees him more of a power forward. Just a thought. I wouldn't mind if he backed up whomever on the front line. Positionless basketball....

ADVERTISEMENT