ADVERTISEMENT

My concerns after watching Nebraska

BrewHawk

HR Heisman
Jul 21, 2004
Lucas, TX
1. Armstrong doesn't run much, but is mobile. I can see him breaking contain on pass plays and gaining key first downs much in the way CJ has done for us this year.

2. Armstrong has a tendency to throw balls up for grabs and let his receivers make a play. Mabin can get lost in these situations.

3. We haven't handled the blitz well at all. Nebraska isn't afraid to blitz persistently.

4. They are very creative with their playcalling with a number of misdirection plays ( a TE end-around, for example). We will need to stay home.

5. Are we stout enough to stop a power running game these days? Our defense has been redesigned. The DL will need to play their best game of the year.

6. If I'm trying to beat Iowa, it is with a bend-not-break defense and perimeter oriented running game with play-action deep routes. I don't think I'm the only one who can see this. Not sure if Nebraska has the athletes to pull it off, but they will be as/more athletic than any other team we've played this year.

7. Game's in Lincoln. I like we've had success on the road in other hostile environments this year, but a tough place to play nontheless.

Still think we pull out the win. Just want to stay healthy. Not sure how much difference one less day of recovery will mean for CJ. Wadley should be a huge factor in this game. Hope we use him and that he stays healthy as well.

Reactions: Hawkeye3378
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News