ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite Bible verse

I like the one about going to your room and shutting the door to pray. Keep your superstitions to yourself, bra.

Matthew 6:6

“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.“

Last edited:
What is your favorite Bible verse? Mine is Ezekiel 23:20.

“There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.”
You learn something new everyday.
Mel Gibson need to turn this chapter into a movie!

Reactions: naturalmwa
Hawkbirch, our attorney, called in her favorite verse
as Proverbs 18:17

"The one who first states a case seems right,
until the other comes and cross-examines."

Two Corinthians 45:1-4

Behold, for from down the mountain shall come an orange man with a tiny intellect and tinier hands, riding in a golden chariot pulled by a dozen small-minded minions. And he shall claim to be a prophet and savior and doer of good things, but you shall know right away his deception and lies. And when the time is right, the Lord will strike him down with furious vengeance in the name of all who he has wronged. And it shall be good.

Two Corinthians 45:1-4

Behold, for from down the mountain shall come an orange man with a tiny intellect and tinier hands, riding in a golden chariot pulled by a dozen small-minded minions. And he shall claim to be a prophet and savior and doer of good things, but you shall know right away his deception and lies. And when the time is right, the Lord will strike him down with furious vengeance in the name of all who he has wronged. And it shall be good.
giphy.gif

Matthew 1:5
"And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse." - KJV

Just Kidding - it is John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Better God: (1) vengeful smiting OT Lord or (2) peace loving hippy NT Lord

Keep in mind, while the NT peace loving hippy Lord is more tolerant and forgiving, He's still pretty clear on what condemns someone and makes no bones about what the penalty for that is.

Keep in mind, while the NT peace loving hippy Lord is more tolerant and forgiving, He's still pretty clear on what condemns someone and makes no bones about what the penalty for that is.

Indeed, but there were so many more rules under the OT Lord that, if not followed, usually lead to mass genocide. Plus the animal and human sacrificing to show your allegiance was pretty cool.

2 Kings 2:23–24

“And [Elisha] went up from there to Bethel. While he was on his way, young juveniles* came out from the city and mocked him, saying, ‘Go up, bald-head! Go up, bald-head!’ When he turned back and saw them, he cursed them in the name of YHWH. Then two female bears came out from the forest and mauled forty two of those juveniles.”

Don't make fun of bald people or bears will kill you!!

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT