ADVERTISEMENT

My GG shopping experience...

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Wednesday I had to get out of the house, so I went to the local Golf Galaxy to see what was new. I moused around for about an hour and I noticed in the clothing section they had some Lilly Pulitzer stuff. So, with V’day in the offing Nd my bride’s attraction to things “LP” I took a look. Now there wasn’t a lot available but enough. I also notičed the items were “on sale” mostly in the -25% range. I found her size and the quick math told me it was gonna cost about $75.
At the register, the clergy scanned the priceand said, “That’ll be $8.16 with tax”....Now I’m thinking....that’s a helluva price! Gotta be a mismark.....So out to the car and called the bride and told her to get herbutt out to GG...An hour later she called and told me there was NO LP muse on display Nd a clerk told her “the mdse. had been pulled and sent back to the manufacturer”.....
The next day with nothing to do, we went to GG together an Lo and Behold, their clothes racks had “overnight” restocked....and reprised themselves! That number that cost me a little over $8 on Wednesday now priced out at $86!
So, I guess I did catch a break shopping for my bride. Let that be a lesson to all you all...buy your bride a gift...and the Good Lord May reward you in ways unthought of before!
Happy Valentine’s Day!

cool-story-bro.jpg

So you suspected there was a mistake but instead of bringing it to their attention you called your wife to take advantage of it? Cool!
So today, my bride was doing something w/ her cell phone and she allowed me to graze next door at GG. I was snooping looking at putters and stuff when she met me and she went back to the clothing area and the rack that had the LP stuff....,SHE IS SNOOPIN' and notices that the prices are a little different than they were a few days ago and figured she could buy a pr. of shorts for about $18 after the "posted" price and discount.....daughters and grand daughters......At the counter the clerk rang up the sale and told her, "8.75, please".....on an item marked $108! He told us they were getting rid of the stuff as they had a pallet full of LP boxes in the back room they needed to get out......So the wife went back and picked up a couple of more pieces for the kids.....,and Rocky...I certainly felt a lot better that my purchase a few days ago did not break GG/Dick's Sptg. Goods......:)
It's a helluva buy boyz, so if any of you have brides/SO interested in that kind of stuff.....you might wanna say something.....It's there, its for sale.....AND it is not "mismarked" apparently......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT