ADVERTISEMENT

My mask is going in the trash can.. Thanks CDC!!!

Which is odd, because airliner ventilation is so good it’s a pretty safe space; unless you are sitting right next to someone who is infected.

You said the same thing in another thread a while back and I provided a link that said 10 - 50% of the cabin air is filtered with fresh air from outside.

When are you going to stop lying?

Good deal.
Lets see if businesses follow the cdc guidelines.
either they will err on side of everybody wearing them instead of patroling for vaccination cards or they will get tired of arguing woth people about it.

sad for the CDC to punt on that and leave that safety valve.

only reasonable place vaccinated people should mask is in a healthcare setting

Good deal.
Lets see if businesses follow the cdc guidelines.
either they will err on side of everybody wearing them instead of patroling for vaccination cards or they will get tired of arguing woth people about it.

sad for the CDC to punt on that and leave that safety valve.

only reasonable place vaccinated people should mask is in a healthcare setting
It's interesting if a business would even go to the trouble of having people provide proof of vaccination to go maskless. That could be time consuming just to let people in without it. And then you would have to remember to carry around the card instead of a mask.

You said the same thing in another thread a while back and I provided a link that said 10 - 50% of the cabin air is filtered with fresh air from outside.

When are you going to stop lying?

I have links showing the world is flat. I also have links showing that airliner air is re-circulated through surgery room quality air filters, so it doesn't matter how much is coming from fresh air outside. When are you going to stop being a dick about everything COVID?

Reactions: UKGrad93
The Biden Administration was under pressure due to their mixed messaging about vaccines and masks. Biden was vaccinated and still running around wearing a mask outdoors and even on a zoom call.

People were left wondering what good is the vaccination if it doesn't change the strict protocol.

So after taking a hit on the poor messaging, Fauci and the CDC start changing their tune.

This isn't about following the science, it's about following the politics.

I have links showing the world is flat. I also have links showing that airliner air is re-circulated through surgery room quality air filters, so it doesn't matter how much is coming from fresh air outside. When are you going to stop being a dick about everything COVID?

Considering I’ve been in the same corner as you throughout the pandemic, other than airplanes, your last question is pretty ignorant

The Biden Administration was under pressure due to their mixed messaging about vaccines and masks. Biden was vaccinated and still running around wearing a mask outdoors and even on a zoom call.

People were left wondering what good is the vaccination if it doesn't change the strict protocol.

So after taking a hit on the poor messaging, Fauci and the CDC start changing their tune.

This isn't about following the science, it's about following the politics.
Just shut up. Good ****ing Lord. FBI is probably on way shortly after they finish booking traitor Marine boy today.

Airplanes are one of the few risky things singled out. Which is what @RileyHawk defended so hard when he hypocritically flew to California in November when the 2nd wave was beginning to peak.

It's interesting if a business would even go to the trouble of having people provide proof of vaccination to go maskless. That could be time consuming just to let people in without it. And then you would have to remember to carry around the card instead of a mask.

Im waiting to see if they “trust the science” and just make masking optional, and just have some signage saying “non vaccinated people still have to wear masks” and call it good.

Of course, everybody will be vaccinated

We're also going into summer. Another big wave looks unlikely. You had the weird Michigan thing -- did we ever figure that out? -- but have otherwise trended the right direction for a while.

They never worked. No one ever showed that a county with a mask mandate ever faired significantly better than those without.
A successful vaccination program obviating the need for masks is not a "loss" for advocates for masking (i.e., those concerned with not spreading COVID). It is a win and it is rather perverse to see it otherwise.

Reactions: TailgateTom
We're also going into summer. Another big wave looks unlikely. You had the weird Michigan thing -- did we ever figure that out? -- but have otherwise trended the right direction for a while.

The weird Michigan thing is still going on. They're responsible for about 10% of all deaths every week.

A successful vaccination program obviating the need for masks is not a "loss" for advocates for masking (i.e., those concerned with not spreading COVID). It is a win and it is rather perverse to see it otherwise.

Masks aren't any more or less important today, than they were yesterday. Or, 3 months ago.
I never heard some threshold were the mask restriction wasn't necessary at 60% vaccinated. 40%, 80%...
They just made the decision. Which I am fine with. But, don't pretend masking 'worked'.
We never saw the curve respond to masking. Anywhere.
Vaccinations worked.

Reactions: Gimmered
The weird Michigan thing is still going on. They're responsible for about 10% of all deaths every week.
Even weirder because there is nothing about any sort of special variant that's more deadly or much more transmissible. Maybe it's somehow found an extremely unhealthy population to circulate through that is just demographically unlikely in the rest of the country.

Masks aren't any more or less important today, than they were yesterday. Or, 3 months ago.
I never heard some threshold were the mask restriction wasn't necessary at 60% vaccinated. 40%, 80%...
They just made the decision. Which I am fine with. But, don't pretend masking 'worked'.
Vaccinations worked.
I am not diving down this rabbit hole. I will just leave it with I believe masks reduced transmission and you do not. Masks were a Band-Aid to stem the bleeding before we could get stitched up with the vaccine.

Vaccinations worked.
Distancing likely was way more effective. We could keep that shit up for forever in my world.

I am not diving down this rabbit hole. I will just leave it with I believe masks reduced transmission and you do not. Masks were a Band-Aid to stem the bleeding before we could get stitched up with the vaccine.

The data isn't there.

Another 10 to 15 million people were fully vaccinated.

This + more data. Over the last several weeks, there's more information regarding the effectiveness of the vaccine when it's now been distributed to millions of people instead of just a much smaller number that were in trials. I'm perfectly willing to take this at face value and stop using masks in most situations.

I'm not waiting for herd immunity to do anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT