ADVERTISEMENT

My ship's come in! So long suckaaas!!!

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
Just got this! Must have missed the initial message but thank goodness this one caught my attention! Would you believe my ISP classified this as spam? Silly bastards, probably wanted to keep the money for themselves!

She's a Doctor no less!!
_------+-++
Greetings To You

My name is Dr Mrs. Monica Nano, a bedridden rich widow. It's unfortunate that I am about to reverse my donation of USD2.5 Million made to you through randomly selected email addresses to a new recipient because of reports I am getting from the financial consultant and the bank who is to coordinate the release of the funds to you.

I need an urgent answer from you before I give my final directives to the holding bank to reverse the donated funds to a new inheritor.I cannot force you to accept a donation which many are eager to receive,including the refugees.

Warm regards,

Dr. Mrs. Monica Nano.

--------

Edit: She's promising to send a pair of Hokas too!

Sounds like a sweet deal!

jo9nxdhn6y231.gif

Just got this! Must have missed the initial message but thank goodness this one caught my attention! Would you believe my ISP classified this as spam? Silly bastards, probably wanted to keep the money for themselves!

She's a Doctor no less!!
_------+-++
Greetings To You

My name is Dr Mrs. Monica Nano, a bedridden rich widow. It's unfortunate that I am about to reverse my donation of USD2.5 Million made to you through randomly selected email addresses to a new recipient because of reports I am getting from the financial consultant and the bank who is to coordinate the release of the funds to you.

I need an urgent answer from you before I give my final directives to the holding bank to reverse the donated funds to a new inheritor.I cannot force you to accept a donation which many are eager to receive,including the refugees.

Warm regards,

Dr. Mrs. Monica Nano.

--------

If you don't answer her, I'm next in like sucka. So do your thing, or I'll be Lagos, Nigeria by the morning.

She's a Doctor no less!!
_------+-++
Greetings To You

Warm regards,

Dr. Mrs. Monica Nano.

--------

Dude, i'm way ahead of you. Yesterday I got a call (invoking the name of my alma mater, no less, so its trustworthiness is not in doubt) offering me the chance to invest in fractional interests in priceless artwork.

She's a Doctor no less!!
_------+-++
Greetings To You

Warm regards,

Dr. Mrs. Monica Nano.

--------

Lucky Jon Heder GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I can't believe some people fall for this crap.

Then again. A third of the people in this country want another Trump presidency. We're a stupid country.

In my experience they are almost all elderly people that fall for it. We get an occasional obvious moran, but the olds seem susceptible to being scammed.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
In my experience they are almost all elderly people that fall for it. We get an occasional obvious moran, but the olds seem susceptible to being scammed.
We had a girl in our office get a spam email from the President of the company asking her to go get $3,000 in gift cards for the company. She actually went to the store to get them then called him to ask which ones he wanted.

Yikes! You can’t fix stupid after we’ve had training for all employees to recognize spam emails and ridiculous requests before doing anything they ask.

We had a girl in our office get a spam email from the President of the company asking her to go get $3,000 in gift cards for the company. She actually went to the store to get them then called him to ask which ones he wanted.

Yikes! You can’t fix stupid after we’ve had training for all employees to recognize spam emails and ridiculous requests before doing anything they ask.
Ouch. That's a top five stupidity list thing.

Somewhat evocative of a company april fools joke years ago, in the days of dumb email terminals where you could send messages out under other people's names (!). A guy sent an internal email out under the managing partner's name, to the effect that our biggest (and publicly traded) client (probably 20%+ revenue) was being acquired by another entity (oddly, this actually happened, with this entity, a few decades later). People in the home office were ready to jump out of windows. But the piece de resistance was when the client relationship partner called the client's general counsel and asked why we'd not been asked to be involved.

She's a Doctor no less!!
_------+-++
Greetings To You

Warm regards,

Dr. Mrs. Monica Nano.

--------

I get the humor in these scam emails, I have made fun of them myself....

That being said, I've had thoughts about people who do fall for these, and also the fakes that prey on innocent people looking for love scams...not trying to insult their intelligence, but what sort of level of combination of hopefulness/hopelessness, depression, loneliness, naivety do they have to be at to fall for this type of thing? I would guess it's the people most innocent and who probably cannot afford to to lose these funds that fall victim to this crap.

Now with that out of the way, does Dr. Nano have Venmo?

Reactions: thewop

That being said, I've had thoughts about people who do fall for these, and also the fakes that prey on innocent people looking for love scams...not trying to insult their intelligence, but what sort of level of combination of hopefulness/hopelessness, depression, loneliness, naivety do they have to be at to fall for this type of thing? I would guess it's the people most innocent and who probably cannot afford to to lose these funds that fall victim to this crap.

Not venmo, she doesn't like the fees they'll charge on that large of a transfer. Joke's on her though, she could have claimed a nice tax deduction by giving it to the refugees but chose me instead...and now she's worried about Venmo fees! No big deal, she's going to send her agent to deliver the funds personally. I provided my full name, address, and SSN so they could do the "necessary verifications." This all seems very official!

Yeah it’s sad. The woman who just helped us prep our house for sale was married to a scumbag who fleeced victims out of their lead paint settlements. Thankfully, they’ve gone from a $7m Chevy chase home to living in half a rented duplex.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT