ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP issues travel advisory for Florida, saying the state is ‘openly hostile toward African Americans’

DeSantis is everything gun nuts have warned us about and the reason they claim they need to have them and they are cheering him as they do this. Not that this is a shock, their reason for needing guns is complete bullshit.

I understand the disagreements, but stating that Florida is “openly hostile to African Americans” seems a bit ridiculous. How do they feel about traveling to Alabama or Mississippi?
Hmmm. All three states (FL, AL, MS) have a LOT of living breathing Black Americans. And Black unemployment is at historic lows per the WSJ just this week.
I realize that Iowa is a state with a low percentage of Black citizens and perhaps in your heads this silly edict might have validity but you all aren’t REALLY that naive and provincial are you?

They would be doing blacks a service if they issued a travel warning to Chicago!

There are in fact stats showing that some Chicagoans are escaping the mayhem and moving back south to the Delta from whence their great grandparents moved in the 30’s.

Yes, the state is hostile to AAs. Have you seen how the press treats Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo? It's like a high tech lynching!

Reactions: goldmom
I understand the disagreements, but stating that Florida is “openly hostile to African Americans” seems a bit ridiculous. How do they feel about traveling to Alabama or Mississippi?
No. I’m saying the article is ridiculous. The Alabama and Mississippi references were to point out there are worse stereotypes than Florida to further emphasize the point.

Btw, I haven’t lived in Iowa for many years. I actually live in the South and understand most Iowans wouldn’t have the first clue about race relations down here. Also, I’m a teacher and can tell you “CRT” or LGBTQ stuff is not part of the curriculum. I will add that because of DeSantis and the teacher that got in trouble for showing a Disney movie we had to at the last minute send out permission slips to the parents of middle school students to ensure they are able to watch a Disney movie scheduled for the last day of school.

The NAACP issued a travel advisory for the state “in direct response to Governor Ron DeSantis’ aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools,” the group said in a written statement Saturday.
LOL Okay.
It’s STATE LAW that the history of slavery must be taught in Florida and NO ONE has changed that.
There was a Festival yesterday in St. Augustine celebrating the day that slaves in Florida found out about the Emancipation Proclamation that ended their bondage and servitude.
I am not sure it was sponsored by the NAACP though...but maybe they had a booth!!!

Hmmm. All three states (FL, AL, MS) have a LOT of living breathing Black Americans. And Black unemployment is at historic lows per the WSJ just this week.
I realize that Iowa is a state with a low percentage of Black citizens and perhaps in your heads this silly edict might have validity but you all aren’t REALLY that naive and provincial are you?
I just listen to what Ron says, and to what he does. He’s clearly a hateful person.

No. I’m saying the article is ridiculous. The Alabama and Mississippi references were to point out there are worse stereotypes than Florida to further emphasize the point.

Btw, I haven’t lived in Iowa for many years. I actually live in the South and understand most Iowans wouldn’t have the first clue about race relations down here. Also, I’m a teacher and can tell you “CRT” or LGBTQ stuff is not part of the curriculum. I will add that because of DeSantis and the teacher that got in trouble for showing a Disney movie we had to at the last minute send out permission slips to the parents of middle school students to ensure they are able to watch a Disney movie scheduled for the last day of school.

And had she not deliberately chosen that particular movie you could have shown that Disney film without a second thought. I grew up watching Disney stuff and it would never have crossed anyone’s mind about being appropriate.

The trolls and bots are busy today trying to create fake garbage. We have to keep pushing back.

And had she not deliberately chosen that particular movie you could have shown that Disney film without a second thought. I grew up watching Disney stuff and it would never have crossed anyone’s mind about being appropriate.

The trolls and bots are busy today trying to create fake garbage. We have to keep pushing back.
I’m not into the politics of it. I’m just saying everyone is in CYA mode now. More than before.

That response sound awfully white privilegy
Yeah, it’s because I was SURE to get my zygote clump of cells ass in the line to get white skin the day we all got to choose.

When is someone going to call out this stupid white privilege crap? Hello this is Cracker Nation calling...raise your freckly white hand if you remember choosing what color you wanted to be...😂

cheering-minions-awesome-l5g6suhj1b4h47p8.gif

Iowa will now be able to waltz into Florida and bring all those 5 star recruits back to Iowa where they will quickly learn that Iowa has had AAs playing football since 1895 and every decade there after. See ya all in the NC game...

I despise Ron DeSantis and think he’s a petty, insecure person with a Napoleon complex. He’s a complete piece of shit and I’d love to be able to tell him that to his face.

But this is just PR silliness by the NAACP.

‘They couldn’t stand by and let LULAC one up them.

Yeah, it’s because I was SURE to get my zygote clump of cells ass in the line to get white skin the day we all got to choose.

When is someone going to call out this stupid white privilege crap? Hello this is Cracker Nation calling...raise your freckly white hand if you remember choosing what color you wanted to be...😂
You’re very good at satire. I got a good laugh out of this. 😆

The NAACP issued a travel advisory for the state “in direct response to Governor Ron DeSantis’ aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools,” the group said in a written statement Saturday.
So, why would that prevent someone from “traveling there”? Are they going on vacation to read Florida text books? It’s more dangerous for red heads to be in Florida than blacks. There should be. Ginger warning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT