ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP issues travel advisory for Florida, saying the state is ‘openly hostile toward African Americans’

It has long been unsafe to ride a bike in Tampa if you are black or brown but especially if you are black.

Jax leads the state in bike and pedestrian accidents, We must be really evil. Or dumb for not using crosswalks.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I despise Ron DeSantis and think he’s a petty, insecure person with a Napoleon complex. He’s a complete piece of shit and I’d love to be able to tell him that to his face.

But this is just PR silliness by the NAACP.

Move back to Florida and shout it out on the steps of that building at the intersection of Monroe Street and Appalachee Parkway. Until then you’re just a nobody. 🤫

Worth noting that the The League of United Latin American Citizens, the nation's largest and oldest Hispanic organization did same thing four days ago. And yes there are some politics involved, I still do not like what is happening to this state due DeSanctimonious and the Republican controlled state Congress. The book banning and abortion laws and attacks on universities are resulting in a really big shift with really far right types moving in and youth leaving. I liked Florida as a swing purple state. We already struggled enough as is with crazy people.

Reactions: Rudedolph
Link to the group calling on people not to travel to the state?
What’s a travel advisory? It’s in the thread title. The travel advisory says the state is openly hostile towards black people. What is the purpose of this then?

Hey, those angry tigers in that cage are hostile and will rip your face off if you get near. But hey…I’m not telling you not to go in there!

Yup. So I was right. Because only ****ing idiots would recommend you travel to a place openly hostile towards you.
You are calling the NAACP idiots

“Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color.”

You are calling the NAACP idiots

“Before traveling to Florida, please understand that the state of Florida devalues and marginalizes the contributions of, and the challenges faced by African Americans and other communities of color.”
No. Because they’re telling people it’s hostile and they shouldn’t travel there. That’s what it means when you use the word hostile. It means “don’t go there”. But if they decide to go, they should know that Florida doesn’t like you.

• Haha
Reactions: Rudedolph
You know that for a fact?
I guess I will have to pay more attention to Mississippi’s governor and his language towards people who aren’t white Christians…because I have trouble believing he’s attacking everyone that Meatball is.

link?

Also,
hos·tile
https://www.google.com/search?q=how...2ahUKEwiR3-CnhYf_AhVHMDQIHU_oCjEQ3eEDegQIDhAI
adjective

1. unfriendly; antagonistic.
    "a hostile audience"

antagonistic

aggressive

confrontational

belligerent

bellicose

2. opposed

averse

antagonistic

ill-disposed

unsympathetic

antipathetic

inimical

opposing

against

dead set against

at odds with

What is an example of a travel advisory?

Examples of reasons for issuing a Travel Warning might include unstable government, civil war, ongoing intense crime or violence, or frequent terrorist attacks. We want you to know the risks of traveling to these places and to strongly consider not going to them at all.

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
What is an example of a travel advisory?

Examples of reasons for issuing a Travel Warning might include unstable government, civil war, ongoing intense crime or violence, or frequent terrorist attacks. We want you to know the risks of traveling to these places and to strongly consider not going to them at all.

The reasons and pronouncements the NAACP suggested are in their words. If you do not believe that they are being truthful then fine. Unless I missed it there was not one sentence suggesting that people not go to Fl. Just an advisory of what you will face if you decide to go there.

As a never Trumper (and also a never Ronner) these Kind of antics from the NAACP piss me off. There are plenty of far right statements and policies to call out. There is much they could be doing to build a bridge to the moderates who make up a majority of Americans. There is a shit ton of work to do to lift up disenfranchised people of color. Unfortunately this type of ridiculous grandstanding dilutes the efficacy of actual policy planks.

Matching right wing silliness with left wing silliness is not the path towards a better America for black Americans.

Can we assume black residents in Florida are more in danger from other black residents ?

Guessing Chicago is same when you look at stats.

But you and the other leftist lemmings on here don’t think he has the slightest chance against Trump in the primaries right? So then it shouldn’t matter one iota.
Let me put it this way. The GOPs Great Hope is finding many novel ways almost on a daily basis to show he is in fact just the Great Dope. Is he going to delay his announcement to run off for another week hoping beyond hope that it will get better for him? He’s done before he even started. His trajectory reminds me of John Edwards and Gary Hart.

Florida should just settle in since y’all love him so, you can make him governor for life just like Iowa did for old Terry “I’m choking on a cracker” Brainsdead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT