ADVERTISEMENT

Name Good Old TV Shows from a Picture

untouchables5.JPG

I think at least one of these is Love That Bob where he played a photographer. Think the assistant was Schultze or something like that. There was something about Bob Cummings that was very likeable, even for a little kid.

I think at least one of these is Love That Bob where he played a photographer. Think the assistant was Schultze or something like that. There was something about Bob Cummings that was very likeable, even for a little kid.

Right you are on all counts. I had forgotten that Duane Hickman started out on Love that Bob.

Me too. For some reason, I seem to remember that Sugarfoot alternated weeks on a show with the Mavericks and one other show in the same time slot, maybe Cheyenne?. Does anyone else have any recollection of this?

My memories of that time are kind of jumbled and a bit blurry but it looks like you pretty much have it right. Per Wikipedia:

Sugarfoot is an American western television series that aired on ABC from 1957-61 on Tuesday nights on a "shared" slot basis – rotating with Cheyenne (1st season); Cheyenne and Bronco (2nd season); and Bronco(3rd season). The Warner Bros production stars Will Hutchins as Tom Brewster, an Easterner who comes to the Oklahoma Territory to become a lawyer. Jack Elam is cast in occasional episodes as sidekick Toothy Thompson. Brewster was a correspondence-school student whose apparent lack of cowboy skills earned him the nickname "Sugarfoot", a designation even below that of a tenderfoot.

Reactions: cigaretteman
My memories of that time are kind of jumbled and a bit blurry but it looks like you pretty much have it right. Per Wikipedia:

Sugarfoot is an American western television series that aired on ABC from 1957-61 on Tuesday nights on a "shared" slot basis – rotating with Cheyenne (1st season); Cheyenne and Bronco (2nd season); and Bronco(3rd season). The Warner Bros production stars Will Hutchins as Tom Brewster, an Easterner who comes to the Oklahoma Territory to become a lawyer. Jack Elam is cast in occasional episodes as sidekick Toothy Thompson. Brewster was a correspondence-school student whose apparent lack of cowboy skills earned him the nickname "Sugarfoot", a designation even below that of a tenderfoot.

MV5BOTE3MGI1ZjktNGQyNi00NThkLTljZDYtM2IzYmM1YTViMTUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkyMjY5MDc@._V1_.jpg

NO BRAG, JUST FACT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT