ADVERTISEMENT

Name Iowa's All-Time Slow White Guy team

No Seth Gorney sightings lately?

Troy Skinner has to take the cake, going by memory. I'll cut the big guys some slack - Troy Skinner. Short and slow. Deadly combination. Pretty decent shooter, though, if memory serves.

Lick.jpg

Yes! Lil Lick! Ironically, one of Purdue's most athletic white guy players (maybe ever? Chris Kramer) is guarding him there.

I just remember Kelsey Barlow defending Lil Lick in a game that season and it made me LOL. It looked like a bully chasing around his intended victim, like a cat and mouse sort of thing.

I say let's settle this race issue once and for all. We'll pit Mike Henry and Acie Earl against Steve Waite and Les Jepsen in a hundred meter dash.

Fire off the gun and then lean back and let the sun dial pick the winner.

People seem to forget little lick pumped faked here to get this dude in the air. When this picture was taken little lick just stated his asent and is about to throw a wicked windmill dunk in this guys face. True story I swear.

Believe it or not, lil Lick did actually finish this play over what seems to be impending doom. Here is the video evidence to prove it.

People seem to forget little lick pumped faked here to get this dude in the air. When this picture was taken little lick just stated his asent and is about to throw a wicked windmill dunk in this guys face. True story I swear.

Looks like the defender is in the air & about ready to foul. ..therefore. ...advantage Lick.

I remember a throw together team of Iowa players that included Krafcisin, Waite, and Kevin "Big Gun" Boyle playing an exhibition in the summer of 1981 against members of the Panamanian national team--essentially Briar Cliff's studs at the time.The group included the likes of Rolando Frazer, Mario Galvez, and Reggie Grenald. The Iowa players made the mistake of trying to run full court with them. The Panamanians ran by them like they were standing still. It was no wonder Lute wouldn't agree to play a pre-season exhibition against them.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, lil Lick did actually finish this play over what seems to be impending doom. Here is the video evidence to prove it.

Lol, that probably was Lil Lick's best game, wasn't it? I remember him making some good plays but I was just more concerned about the Boilers getting the win.

On a side-note, I'm glad that team scoring averages seem to be trending up in college hoops over the past couple of years. I'm pretty sure the final score of the game above was 69-58.

I was going to say...

People always use that pic as evidence to JL's lack of athleticism, which he had an abundance of. I find it odd as I always seem to think "he made that shot...somehow"

Lol, that probably was Lil Lick's best game, wasn't it? I remember him making some good plays but I was just more concerned about the Boilers getting the win.

On a side-note, I'm glad that team scoring averages seem to be trending up in college hoops over the past couple of years. I'm pretty sure the final score of the game above was 69-58.

Pretty sure the Hawks only averaged about 56ppg that year, which would make 69-58 high scoring for them.:confused:

Pretty sure the Hawks only averaged about 56ppg that year, which would make 69-58 high scoring for them.:confused:

Yeah, I figured it was somewhere in that range. I'm just moreso commenting that I'm happy both programs (and most college hoops teams in general) have improved quite a bit in the scoring department in recent seasons. It's a combination of the rule changes and the type of personnel both programs have had in the past few years (a little bit longer than a few years for the Hawks).

This thread was started in a mock response to LaVar Ball's inane comments. It was supposed to be comical and upset those who don't possess a sense of humor.

Mission accomplished.
Oh, I got it. It was just so incredibly dumb I was trying to contribute to the dumbness.

Mission accomplished.

Reactions: hawksense
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT