ADVERTISEMENT

Name that tune....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Rules: I will post a single word that starts the opening lyrics of the song. If no one gets it right I'll post the second word at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 20th. If that doesn't get a winner, stay tuned for the third word at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon.

Here's the first word:

"Oh"

Rules: I will post a single word that starts the opening lyrics of the song. If no one gets it right I'll post the second word at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 20th. If that doesn't get a winner, stay tuned for the third word at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon.

Here's the first word:

"Oh"

Reactions: seminoleed
my god, i think that's the first time i've ever won anything like this in my life!!!!

BTW, for my money, i absolutely love that song for its evocation of the early R&R feel. Fun, just a little rough around the edges instrumentally, and simple. While i know it's not the real 'beginning' of modern rock, i sorta think of it as such.

Last edited:
Nope, he loses. Mine was first, and they sing it 4 freakin' times!

Point of order, sir.

Sir, the object of the game is not to identify "a" song with the lyrical clues, its to identify "the" song contemplated by the proposer. Otherwise, you would have lost much much earlier, and to Oh Canada no less. For example, if you were playing 'name that tune,' selecting the wrong song with the same first two notes gets you nothing.

Sir, the object of the game is not to identify "a" song with the lyrical clues, its to identify "the" song contemplated by the proposer. Otherwise, you would have lost much much earlier, and to Oh Canada no less. For example, if you were playing 'name that tune,' selecting the wrong song with the same first two notes gets you nothing.
OK, I concede.

Reactions: The Tradition
Since it’s getting near time for me to prepare some dinner here in the east, and I’ll probably forget about it tomorrow, you’re second word is

It’s

The Rodeo Song? Lots of folks have recorded this, so I'm only guessing here: David Allan Coe version?

OK. Since the first word is "I", that's way too difficult to read what's in my mind. So,
I'll give you the first two: "I" and "don't".

your freedom

[separately, speaking of the 80s and early 90s, yesterday i was in the gym, and they played michael jackson's 'black or white,' and it reminded me of the time the SNL comedienne quipped, "Michael, if it don't matter if you're black or white, then why are you so white?"

• Haha
your freedom

[separately, speaking of the 80s and early 90s, yesterday i was in the gym, and they played michael jackson's 'black or white,' and it reminded me of the time the SNL comedienne quipped, "Michael, if it don't matter if you're black or white, then why are you so white?"
Nope. Good answer though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT