ADVERTISEMENT

National Guard to be deployed in NY’s subways.

Chuck C

HR Legend
Mar 6, 2011
New York National Guard troops and New York State Police troopers will be deployed into the subway system to help riders feel safe after a spike in transit crime, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Wednesday.

• Wow
Reactions: desihawk
New York National Guard troops and New York State Police troopers will be deployed into the subway system to help riders feel safe after a spike in transit crime, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Wednesday.

Darn white folks in NYC getting violent

The thread should have been titled:
Sanctuary City now has to bring in 750+ Armed National Guard Soldiers to ensure riders don't get attacked or catch the dead on the subways.

Violent attacks up 46% since January 1st. New York Governor states many of the criminals involved are repeat offenders. Does she even realize "catch and release" of criminals isn't working out? These 3rd world thugs think it's insane they get caught and sent back out to roam the subways and commit more crime. They just laugh and laugh about it.

Oh BTW the taxpayers in NYC are footing a 2.3 Billion that's with a B price tag for feeding and housing these 3rd world thugs.

I love it when the chickens come home to roost in the land of the woke!!!

Dumb. I don't like this one bit. Setting the troops up for failure.
What the governor thinks they're getting:

230421-F-IQ718-0237-scaled.jpg

What they're actually getting. (His other 50 weeks are spent punching a keyboard in an office)

230913-Z-A3556-1000.JPG

Now here we are in 2024 with transit crime rates through the roof and felons free to slash conductors, beat platform buskers and kick straphangers to railbeds — leaving riders everywhere in fearful anticipation of an inevitable next outrage.

But you can be sure of one thing: Nothing broadcasts panic more loudly than uniformed soldiers publicly performing duties reserved by custom and common sense to civilian police agencies.

Or maybe not panic; maybe impotence is the word.

Having lost the will to protect life, limb and personal property by traditional means — that is, by enforcing the penal and criminal-procedure codes — New York now takes tentative steps toward overtly militarized policing.

This is not the same thing as local police departments adopting military-style gear and tactics; that’s a regrettable, but not unreasonable, response to real-world dangers.

This is uniformed military personnel engaged in law enforcement.

Now, Hochul may not understand the issue because she doesn’t seem to understand much, but Americans have seen military involvement in domestic policing as a threat to civil liberties at least since the post-Civil War Reconstruction period — and they take great care to avoid it.

To be sure, there’s a difference between the Regular Army and the National Guard, and troops often are deployed for natural disasters and in response to events like 9/11.

Just another day in Sanctuary City New York and some migrants patiently waiting on the subway platform for the next subway train so they can go looking for money making opportunities!

MS-13-Gang-Members-Getty-640x480.png

What exactly are the National Guards powers here? Is this not just stop an frisk 2.0?
Article says they’ll check bags for weapons.

I would expect they’re told to stay hands off. Article also said state troopers would be deployed. So you could have 10 guardsman checking bags at turnstiles and one trooper standing there to arrest, etc.

If someone jumped the scanner at the airport, would TSA tackle them, or call police?

Article says they’ll check bags for weapons.

I would expect they’re told to stay hands off. Article also said state troopers would be deployed. So you could have 10 guardsman checking bags at turnstiles and one trooper standing there to arrest, etc.

If someone jumped the scanner at the airport, would TSA tackle them, or call police?
Put duh dawgs on dey azz!

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152). While not directly applicable, it is dangerous ground. Eisenhower used the troops when a Governor was violating the law. Not to do law enforcement
Gordon Kaul?!

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152). While not directly applicable, it is dangerous ground. Eisenhower used the troops when a Governor was violating the law. Not to do law enforcement
NYC is out of control specifically because it is a woke city. Now they are doing exactly the opposite of what a woke city does in going back to stop and frisk.

I love it when the chickens come back to roost in Woke Town!

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
NYC is out of control specifically because it is a woke city. Now they are doing exactly the opposite of what a woke city does in going back to stop and frisk.

I love it when the chickens come back to roost in Woke Town!

This seems really thought out. You clearly understand the source of the issue.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
@
This seems really thought out. You clearly understand the source of the issue.
I'm asking as I don't understand the source of the issue. How does this not violate the 4th amendment? Unlike airports, the NYC subway is a public transportation?

Reactions: Moral
You guys are going to choke on too much pepsi.... 9.16.19

You guys are going to choke on too much pepsi.... 9.16.19

So you support sending young men an women in fatigues into the subways with no clear direction of mission and ROE?

Edit: I'm not sure what you are getting at?

Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT