ADVERTISEMENT

National Guard to be deployed in NY’s subways.

Just another day in Sanctuary City New York and some migrants patiently waiting on the subway platform for the next subway train so they can go looking for money making opportunities!

MS-13-Gang-Members-Getty-640x480.png

I saw those guys today they were the ones playing La Bamba not bothering anyone

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
So you support sending young men an women in fatigues into the subways with no clear direction of mission and ROE?

Edit: I'm not sure what you are getting at?

To be fair men and women in fatigues in NYC subways is hardly new. DHS and FBI guys are frequent sites already in addition to the occasional NYPD

So you support sending young men an women in fatigues into the subways with no clear direction of mission and ROE?

Edit: I'm not sure what you are getting at?
I'm just saying this is not new and has been going on for a while. I was at JFK over the summer and there were national guard there too. Just to bee clear, I think this is a terrible idea. Put people armed with heavy weaponry to do a job they're not trained for and who knows what may happen. I guess if you told me an MP unit was the one assigned then it might be OK. This is how you get a Kent State type incident. In general, it's a terrible idea.

I'm just saying this is not new and has been going on for a while. I was at JFK over the summer and there were national guard there too. Just to bee clear, I think this is a terrible idea. Put people armed with heavy weaponry to do a job they're not trained for and who knows what may happen. I guess if you told me an MP unit was the one assigned then it might be OK. This is how you get a Kent State type incident. In general, it's a terrible idea.

No, most of the MPs I knew were dicks. I just don't think Guardsman should be patrolling Subways.

No, most of the MPs I knew were dicks. I just don't think Guardsman should be patrolling Subways.
'patrolling'

they are standing at the bottom of escalators at time square and WTC grabbing people and giving a cursory look at their bags. Lets be honest here.

'patrolling'

they are standing at the bottom of escalators at time square and WTC grabbing people and giving a cursory look at their bags. Lets be honest here.

That is not what they are trained to do. What happens the first time someone starts shooting at them?

And preemptive cursory looking at bags is unconstitutional the minute they do a non-warrant search with no basis for it.

Reactions: Urohawk
That is not what they are trained to do. What happens the first time someone starts shooting at them?

And preemptive cursory looking at bags is unconstitutional the minute they do a non-warrant search with no basis for it.
None of that is true.

A) subway bags searches have been ruled constitutional. (https://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/02/...bags-in-subways-are-ruled-constitutional.html). It's the same argument that police have to search your bag at the airport. (not to mention you can refuse a subway bag search and leave the system. Then police do need a warrant to make you open it)

B) Are you an expert in National Guard training? And how much training does one need to ask a citizen to open a bag and check for a gun. Seems like an hour long class at national guard school.

C) Do you really think someone is gonna get pulled aside, have a gun, then pull it out in front of a bunch of armed cops and blow them away before you know the guardsman grabs them? Seems like a really far-fetched silly scenario that isn't gonna happen.

Look I loathe the NYPD and really don't want to open my backpack in the subway. But, it is what it is and it if gets a few of the weapons out of here for a minimally invasive, constitutionally allowed practice, then I'm OK with it.

Now here we are in 2024 with transit crime rates through the roof and felons free to slash conductors, beat platform buskers and kick straphangers to railbeds — leaving riders everywhere in fearful anticipation of an inevitable next outrage.

But you can be sure of one thing: Nothing broadcasts panic more loudly than uniformed soldiers publicly performing duties reserved by custom and common sense to civilian police agencies.

Or maybe not panic; maybe impotence is the word.

Having lost the will to protect life, limb and personal property by traditional means — that is, by enforcing the penal and criminal-procedure codes — New York now takes tentative steps toward overtly militarized policing.

This is not the same thing as local police departments adopting military-style gear and tactics; that’s a regrettable, but not unreasonable, response to real-world dangers.

This is uniformed military personnel engaged in law enforcement.

Now, Hochul may not understand the issue because she doesn’t seem to understand much, but Americans have seen military involvement in domestic policing as a threat to civil liberties at least since the post-Civil War Reconstruction period — and they take great care to avoid it.

To be sure, there’s a difference between the Regular Army and the National Guard, and troops often are deployed for natural disasters and in response to events like 9/11.

I been all over the world. I have never felt safer when I see armed soldiers walking around interacting with the community.

I guarantee they don't get clearly defined Rules of Engagement

This is the problem with it. I would argue that it would be better off deploying NY State police or something like that than sending in the National Guard and expecting them to become law enforcement officers.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
NYC is out of control specifically because it is a woke city. Now they are doing exactly the opposite of what a woke city does in going back to stop and frisk.

I love it when the chickens come back to roost in Woke Town!
Go hang out in NYC for 10 minutes and tell me how "woke" it is. Christ, you're such a simpleton.

Reactions: ericram
On an average workday 3M people ride, equal to the population of Iowa. I don’t think they are expected to actually engage much

Republicans are once again for prevention of crime, except when they're not. In this case they're not because a Democrat is trying to alleviate an issue. Impossible to win with these hacks.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Nordic gangs is being used as sarcasm here, bucko. We all know who is causing the problems in NY Subways.

Ohhh duh, I get it now, nice one!!! I thought you were trying to blame white people for a second, and yes, like most bad things, it's really the blacks and the browns who came over the border.

I've just realized the poetic beauty that a marine is currently facing sentencing to choking out a guy threatening to hurt people on the subway as the mayor of the city says we need armed forces to stop criminals on the subway.....

Ohhh duh, I get it now, nice one!!! I thought you were trying to blame white people for a second, and yes, like most bad things, it's really the blacks and the browns who came over the border.
Did anyone fact check Mayor Bloomberg?
What were the results?

"Ninety-five percent of murders- murderers and murder victims fit one M.O.," Bloomberg says in the clip. "You can just take the description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16-25. That's true in New York, that's true in virtually every city (inaudible)."

What were the results?

"Ninety-five percent of murders- murderers and murder victims fit one M.O.," Bloomberg says in the clip. "You can just take the description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16-25. That's true in New York, that's true in virtually every city (inaudible)."

I haven't, no idea if anyone else has, accordingly I don't know the results. Hope that helps!

What were the results?

I knew it! That kid from the Chinese family around the corner seems respectable and quiet, but I F***ING KNEW IT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT