ADVERTISEMENT

Nationwide Cellphone Issue

Theres a pastor that wouldnt convict you if he was on the jury for raping a woman if she dressed like that.

A mans a man, ya know.
What about an ASSMAN?

119d9a6c-c26b-4239-b9b9-ffc3df9ae3ef_text.gif

I disagree with that. She's not flashing her assets in the commercials.
Yeah. Putting her in a tight button down shirt with big name tag right above one boob was totally just a coincidence. The marketing group spending major bucks on development totally would not have done that on purpose.

its-milana-vayntrub-1024x538.jpg

Yeah. Putting her in a tight button down shirt with big name tag right above one boob was totally just a coincidence. The marketing group spending major bucks on development totally would not have done that on purpose.

its-milana-vayntrub-1024x538.jpg
Sex sells baby

Where do you want them to put name tag ?
I know, right? I love how people will hijack a thread and spend 3 pages to defend their right to objectify and verbally harass a woman, but give 3 total responses about a U.S. Navy Petty Officer arrested for Espionage. #priorities

Lily From AT&T Won't Show Her Full Body In Commercials Anymore. Here's Why
Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Images
BY STEPHANIE KALOI/UPDATED: JULY 20, 2023 8:31 AM EST

The actors who star in commercials have a funny way of making you feel like they're almost family, especially when the same person sticks with a brand for months or even years. For example, many of us who grew up in the '90s and 2000s are fond of Paul Marcarelli, who starred as the "Test Man," who asked, "Can you hear me now?" in Verizon commercials from 2002 to 2011 before defecting to Sprint in 2016 (via CNN).

Another familiar face from commercials these days is Lily, who is affectionately known as "The AT&T Girl." Lily is played by Milana Vayntrub, who also directs the commercials she stars in. In addition to her role as Lily from the AT&T commercials, Vayntrub has a long list of acting credits that include roles on "This Is Us," "House of Lies," "Californication," and "Silicon Valley," and also starred in her own sci-fi comedy series, "Other Space."

Vayntrub picked up the role of Lily back in 2013, per NBC News. While she's been a familiar face for millions of families across the United States since then, it turns out that her fame has come at a hefty emotional price.

Milana Vayntrub opened up in a major way about a sudden change that viewers will probably pick up on the next time they see her: Lily will no longer show her whole body. Many people were quick to note that most of Vayntrub's body is hidden behind a counter in the latest AT&T commercials, as opposed to previous ads in which her entire body was visible throughout, and they wanted to know why.

She opted to address the questions head-on via Twitter. On March 20, 2021, Vayntrub tweeted, "Been getting a lot of 'Why are they placing her body like that in those ads?' Well, I direct the ads. I place myself like that. And it's because of the thousands of unwelcome comments I receive about my body. You've lost the privilege of looking at it until I feel safe again."

Unfortunately, it seems that her explanation only spurred more harassment. Fortunately, plenty of other Twitter users came to Vayntrub's defense, with one sarcastically noting, "Really impressive how many dudes think they should respond to this by commenting on her body."

Sadly, harassment has always been part of Vayntrub's experience in Hollywood, but August 2020 was a particularly brutal time for her. People searched through older ads of Vayntrub's and began leaving numerous degrading messages on official AT&T accounts. At first, the company attempted to deal with the flood of comments by responding, stating, "Sexual harassment of employees in the workplace or [their] social channels" is not allowed and telling those who left especially uncomfortable and inappropriate comments that "overshares aren't welcome," (via Insider).

The company even issued its own statement in Vayntrub's defense, pointing out that they had to resort to shutting down comments completely on many of the videos that feature her beloved character. "We have disabled or deleted these comments on our social content that includes Lily, and we will continue to fight to support her and our values, which appreciate and respect all women," they said (via PR Week).

Even worse, this is hardly the first time Milana Vayntrub has faced a barrage of harassment and sexist commentary about her body. The actor even ended up taking to Instagram to live stream about her experiences. Uproxx reported that Vayntrub shared how the comments she endures make her feel as if she's being sexually assaulted.

"Maybe it just has to do with being a person on the internet, or maybe it's specific to being a woman on the internet. But all of these comments ... It hurts my feelings. I'm hurting and it's bringing up, like, a lot of feelings of sexual assault. I am just like, you know, walking my dog and getting messages from people who have distorted my pictures to get likes on their accounts," she said.

Fans of Vayntrub's took to social media to share their own reactions to the numerous comments that have been made about her figure. One person, identified as Lu, told Insider that many of the faceless commenters were hiding behind their screens. "The kind of things you'd see on AT&T's post is [in] such a direct contrast with the behaviors of people you'd talk to on a daily basis."

Last edited:
As a current AT&T employee, I can confirm our corporate store teams are required to either wear a name tag or their AT&T ID badge. Maybe you went into a franchise store.

Name Tag:
ATT_Store-117-1_b.jpg

ID Badge:
I think I’ve never been in an ATT store.
Used to use sprint long ago, and now Verizon for ages.

As a current AT&T employee, I can confirm our corporate store teams are required to either wear a name tag or their AT&T ID badge. Maybe you went into a franchise store.
You work for ATT? I thought you were in government work. Are you one of those @GOHOX69 types that has like 3 jobs and multiple degrees?

Cell phone vendors, not ATT specifically.
Are those goalposts heavy this fine Friday? Why are you comparing a "cell phone vendor" to Lily who is clearly an AT&T Corp Sales Employee working IN an AT&T Corp Store?

But even that comparison is crap. Best Buy would be considered a cell phone vendor.

Bob_Kaufman-1.png

Are you talking about a Souq vendor in Doha? If so, then I'll concede that you are correct. They don't wear name tags.

img_9499.jpg

Reactions: BelemNole
Are those goalposts heavy this fine Friday? Why are you comparing a "cell phone vendor" to Lily who is clearly an AT&T Corp Sales Employee working IN an AT&T Corp Store?

But even that comparison is crap. Best Buy would be considered a cell phone vendor.

Bob_Kaufman-1.png

Are you talking about a Souq vendor in Doha? If so, then I'll concede that you are correct. They don't wear name tags.

img_9499.jpg
Goalposts? What goal?
Just miscommunication.
You read ‘those stores’ as ONLY AT&T, probably because you have a personal attachment. That wasn’t what I meant. We don’t share the frame of reference.

I’ve never even had cell phone in my name!

I’ve been with a friend when he stopped at a kiosk in the mall about two decades ago. Don’t recall that guy wearing a name tag, but his name could have been Souq.

I’ve been into a Sprint and Verizon store with the wife two, maybe three times in the last 15 years. What I remember were folks there wearing business casual with no name tags on.

Goalposts? What goal?
Just miscommunication.
You read ‘those stores’ as ONLY AT&T, probably because you have a personal attachment. That wasn’t what I meant. We don’t share the frame of reference.
@noleclone2 said, "Yeah. Putting her in a tight button down shirt with big name tag right above one boob was totally just a coincidence. "

You said, "I’ve never seen someone wear a name tag in one of those stores."

I’ve been with a friend when he stopped at a kiosk in the mall about two decades ago. Don’t recall that guy wearing a name tag, but his name could have been Souq.

I’ve been into a Sprint and Verizon store with the wife two, maybe three times in the last 15 years. What I remember were folks there wearing business casual with no name tags on.
Now you're saying you've been at a Kiosk 20 years ago and that guy didn't wear a name tag, BUT you've also been in a Sprint and Verizon store with your wife where they all wear name tags, but you've never noticed?

Then why even comment? ...and I can't believe I got sucked down a rabbit hole over nametags. Well Done!

social media wtf GIF by Stefanie Franciotti

Don’t recall that guy wearing a name tag, but his name could have been Souq.
A souq or souk is an open-air marketplace or commercial quarter in an Arab, or Berber city. A souk or souq is a free-market where vendors can say the going market price for their products. The term is often used for the market in any Arab or Muslim city.

Reactions: BelemNole
You work for ATT? I thought you were in government work. Are you one of those @GOHOX69 types that has like 3 jobs and multiple degrees?
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

I'm a retired USAF Intelligence Analyst (T1N471B). After retirement, I took a job as a defense contractor for AT&T literally working in the same squadron I retired from. I quit AT&T in 2019 for an AF Civilian Job working at NSA-T. AT&T got another contract and asked me to return with a 25% pay-bump, work from home gig in 2021, so I resigned and came back. My hours are much much less (almost like an 1099 independent contractor), so I get more time to dick around with you fine folks.

Last edited:
Get ready for your $6.29!

Hello,

We apologize for Thursday’s network outage, which may have impacted your ability to connect with family, friends, and others.

As a valued customer, your connection matters, and we’re committed to doing better. To help make it right, you’ll automatically receive an account credit.

We’re also taking steps to prevent this from happening again in the future. Our priority is to continuously improve and be sure you stay connected.

For more information, please visit att.com/makeitright.

AT&T

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT