ADVERTISEMENT

Natural Immunity for the win AGAIN

Ha. There is no evidence for additional boosters (beyond the initial 4) of the vaccine vaccine working for either of those things any more than natural immunity and prior vaccination.

FALSE

New boosters do what boosters do.
They will both protect you from being re-infected (after "natural" immunity has worn off) and prevent you from spreading it to other people.

Both vaccine and prior-infection immunity are now far less effective against the circulating variants.

FALSE

New boosters do what boosters do.
They will both protect you from being re-infected (after "natural" immunity has worn off) and prevent you from spreading it to other people.

Both vaccine and prior-infection immunity are now far less effective against the circulating variants.
Point me to the study that demonstrates the new vaccine prevents spread. I don't want an article that says 'we think it....' we are hopeful it......' Actual data from a peer reviewed journal about the current vaccine. I am happy to review it but, in my recent research, I cannot find any.

It MAY be that this data becomes available but if we have learned anything from the past, suggesting things are true that haven't been proven to be is bad science and public health. If the data becomes available, then my thoughts will change. Right now, it appears that the reason to get vaccinated is to prevent serious illness and hospitalization. Vaccines have real side effects and symptoms and that isnt to be minimized. As with anything in health, it is a risk benefit calculation that has to be taken in each individual patient.

Almost all the information that is out there now for public recommendations about the new variant vaccine is very similar to mine. I simply don't strongly recommend the vaccine for young people. Can they get it? Sure. Weighing their own risk benefit situation.

And one more thing. in young healthy people, Natural immunity does not 'wear off' It declines, sure. But 'wears off' and 'declines' are totally different things. Stop spreading misinformation. It isnt helpful.

Yep.

Our resident idiots do not understand this.
An idiotic statement akin to saying the 'poliovirus doesn't mutate.'

ALL hospitals do/did not mandate vaccines; covid or otherwise. Feel free to correct this with the appropriate disclaimer 🤡

How did your own research workout for your Bronny James “diagnosis?”
I never diagnosed the James lad; he couldn't afford my consult fees.

I did say the experts were lying about the 'congenital heart disease', and that I don't know if he'll ever play competitively again but I hope I'm wrong.

Sue me.

I never diagnosed the James lad; he couldn't afford my consult fees.

I did say the experts were lying about the 'congenital heart disease', and that I don't know if he'll ever play competitively again but I hope I'm wrong.

Sue me.
My diagnosis comment was tongue in cheek…apologies you aren’t quick enough on the uptake to get that. You disagreed with a diagnosis and whiffed on the call. He had surgery to correct the issue. Take your medicine.

😂 at the idea that the James family couldn’t afford your “expertise.”

Last edited:
The data ARE available

The new vaccines elicit immune responses and antibodies against the circulating strains.
Which means they WILL work. Any virologist would tell you this.
That’s isn’t the question. Nice try. The question is, does it prevent transmission? That’s what you asserted.

Your entire debate style is to pretend the fine point you were discussing is actually a much more broad question and then stating how you’re correct.

Flu vaccine is not yet an mRNA vaccine. That’s why.

No; they work the same way in that respect.

And the data indicate as such - the new mRNA vaccines AND the non-mRNA vaccine designed to target XBB variants DO elicit antibody responses to that variant, better than the old ones.

Which likewise implies your prior immunity will also not be as good, because it is tuned to the older variants as well.

Very much like seasonal flu works. Only Covid is now understood to mutate at rates 2x to 5x faster than flu; which was completely unanticipated.

My diagnosis comment was tongue in cheek…apologies you aren’t quick enough on the uptake to get that. You disagreed with a diagnosis and whiffed on the call. He had surgery to correct the issue. Take your medicine.

😂 at the idea that the James family couldn’t afford your “expertise.”
I also was joking. Like Joes Place, I just pretend to be a doctor on GIAOT.

The kid still hasn't been cleared to play, unfortunately. It's a bit too soon to gloat over who was right or wrong. I'll stick with my opinion that no healthy young male should have ever gotten the covid shot.

Huh?
Hospitals have required flu vaccines for decades.

Maybe you can point to a couple outliers, but this is commonplace.
Then you should have said 'SOME' hospitals require vaccines. Which is true. But not 'ALL' of them do.

But that's just how you roll. 🤡

I also was joking. Like Joes Place, I just pretend to be a doctor on GIAOT.

The kid still hasn't been cleared to play, unfortunately. It's a bit too soon to gloat over who was right or wrong. I'll stick with my opinion that no healthy young male should have ever gotten the covid shot.

Too soon? Lulz. He had a congenital heart defect, diagnosed by his doctors, and underwent surgery to correct. It’s not “too soon” to admit that claiming his doctor(s) lied about his condition was a bad take.

Reactions: Joes Place
Too soon? Lulz. He had a congenital heart defect, diagnosed by his doctors, and underwent surgery to correct. It’s not “too soon” to admit that claiming his doctor(s) lied about his condition was a bad take.
Someone was lying. Family, doctor(s), media...who knows?

Just saying I'd avoid them 💉💉 if I was you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT