ADVERTISEMENT

Natural Immunity for the win AGAIN

There were lots of folks w/ no comorbidities who got very sick from Covid.

And ended up with sequelae they are still dealing with.
Oh my god. In literally said having no comorbidities doesn’t make someone healthy. Only in fat**** America is that the case

No, dude. 'Science' totally isolated the polio virus and came up with the answer to fix it.

Poliovirus doesn't mutate.
It has no other animal reservoirs to further mutate, like flu and Covid do.

Covid is now shown to mutate up to 4x-5x faster than some flu strains - something that was completely unanticipated.

Covid also has multiple mammalian reservoirs to continue mutating within (probably more than flu)

Reactions: SocraticIshmael

Covid is now shown to mutate up to 4x-5x faster than some flu strains - something that was completely unanticipated.

Covid also has multiple mammalian reservoirs to continue mutating within (probably more than flu)

Why bother arguing with these people? I dont care anymore. I dont care if they live or die.

Why bother arguing with these people? I dont care anymore. I dont care if they live or die.

"They" make things a lot more dangerous for the people who cannot get vaccines, or cannot benefit from them.

Like:
  • Cancer patients (including children battling cancers)
  • Organ transplant patients
  • People with autoimmune disorders on medications that suppress some immune function
  • Elderly people (or, does no one care about their parents or grandparents, anymore?)
  • People with co-morbidities that have nothing to do with their "life choices" (e.g. diabetics, asthmatics, sickel cell patients, etc)
  • Pregnancy

"They" make things a lot more dangerous for the people who cannot get vaccines, or cannot benefit from them.

Like:
  • Cancer patients (including children battling cancers)
  • Organ transplant patients
  • People with autoimmune disorders on medications that suppress some immune function
  • Elderly people (or, does no one care about their parents or grandparents, anymore?)
  • People with co-morbidities that have nothing to do with their "life choices" (e.g. diabetics, asthmatics, sickel cell patients, etc)

You are wasting your time. Part of the risk of being sick is now that the world is full of idiots.

Not a co-morbidity, nor any identified connections to Covid severity, Cletus.
I said that. I said actual fit people didn’t have the trouble non fit people did. My definition of fitn isn’t no co morbidities. Its being lean, strong, good cardio with no co morbidities. Weak people are easier to kill for every thing and everyone

I said that. I said actual fit people didn’t have the trouble non fit people did.
Those folks with the comorbidities I'd listed can be "fully fit"; they just have a medical condition that predisposes them to more serious complications from Covid.

Do "pregnant women" not matter?

Really? Doesn't mutate at all, huh? Fascinating. 🥱

Those folks with the comorbidities I'd listed can be "fully fit"; they just have a medical condition that predisposes them to more serious complications from Covid.

Do "pregnant women" not matter?
They do and that can’t be helped, just like some auto immune conditions. Our concern for health in this country is a joke. Under muscled weak sheep, thinking taking their meds is the solution, versus actually being fit, lifting, cardio, nutrient dense diet. I’m not completely disagreeing, i did my first two shots, but we are focused on the wrong issues.

Yes; it can.

If people like you get vaccinated to reduce the spread/prevalence of respiratory diseases during the winter.
Reading comp, I said things like that can’t be helped, like it’s no one’s fault. Unlike fitness

Reading comp, I said things like that can’t be helped

Reading comp and science illiteracy: supporting widespread vaccination limits the chances those people will be exposed to the virus.

You just don't want to take that simple step to help someone else (and yourself). We get it.

Reading comp and science illiteracy: supporting widespread vaccination limits the chances those people will be exposed to the virus.

You just don't want to take that simple step to help someone else (and yourself). We get it.
I did get vaxed, enjoy being fat

I'm actually within a couple pounds of what I weighed when I finished grad school over two decades ago, thx. And I did RAGBRAIs every year back then....every mile.
Add strength training, endurance athletes get skinny fat, pre diabetic blood profiles

No, dude. 'Science' totally isolated the polio virus and came up with the answer to fix it. It, like, totally wasn't just another in a long line of CYA moments by the drug and chemical industries. Like totally. :rolleyes:

WHAT?!? If you believe that you're truly a crazy person. How can you make the leap to believe this nonsense but NOT believe that vaccines work? That's pure fvcking fiction. It's simple correlation vs. causation. This is like saying that the war in Ukraine has caused Iowa football's offensive woes because they happened at the same time. You're an absolute buffoon if you believe this utter bullshit.

Covid is more dangerous than the vaccines, idiot.

That is not even debatable at this point.
I would say not if you’ve already had COVID. Seems kinda like what study was saying.

No more vaccines for me. I’ve had COVID 3x. It’s been milder each time. I think the risks of the vaccine are small but real. I’d say the risk of COVID, in my case, is smaller.

I still recommend the vaccine for those that are immunocompromised, elderly, other high risk condition such as diabetes or obesity, or if a new more dangerous variant were to arise and a vaccine became available.

I think this is the correct and data based rational approach.

Reactions: Pinehawk
WHAT?!? If you believe that you're truly a crazy person. How can you make the leap to believe this nonsense but NOT believe that vaccines work? That's pure fvcking fiction. It's simple correlation vs. causation. This is like saying that the war in Ukraine has caused Iowa football's offensive woes because they happened at the same time. You're an absolute buffoon if you believe this utter bullshit.
It's okay. I get that you don't like to read.

Nope

Not enough to prevent original vaccines from still working.
Very different from respiratory viruses like flu and Covid.

Glad you could learn something here, today.
Should have included that disclaimer with your statement of fact that the 'poliovirus
doesn't mutate'.

Baby steps.

I would say not if you’ve already had COVID.

Nope.

Not unless you had Covid within the past 6 months. Immunity to newer variants fades, just like it does for the vaccines.

Which is unsurprising, considering the same thing happens with influenza. And Covid has now been demonstrated to mutate >4x the rate some influenza strains do.

This has been explained to you a dozen times now.
Re-read those dozen times until it sinks in.
If I needed goal post moving explained to me a dozen times you'd be the first one I'd contact.

Other than that I'll find my own research, thanks.

Other than that I'll find my own research, thanks.
Kewl

Then you can find out that poliovirus cannot mutate and remain viable.
Which means it does not mutate relative to what can infect you.

Which is entirely consistent with what I've told you.

"Do your own research" on this one if you feel the need.

Same here. Never had Covid. Initial J&J vaccination, boosted twice (January 2022 and December 2022), one Moderna one Pfizer.
Unless you tested quite often, it is possible you had it and never knew it. That would have been me, except I donated blood and at that time they were testing the blood. And mine came back that I had previously had Covid. I was quite surprised since there was no time I had any symptoms. My no-pic wife is a teacher and she never did either, but her doctor told her since she was a teacher and also since I had had it, she was sure she had too.

Unless you tested quite often, it is possible you had it and never knew it. That would have been me, except I donated blood and at that time they were testing the blood. And mine came back that I had previously had Covid. I was quite surprised since there was no time I had any symptoms. My no-pic wife is a teacher and she never did either, but her doctor told her since she was a teacher and also since I had had it, she was sure she had too.
That is very possible. Throughout the summer of 2020 and pretty much every since I have frequently been in crowded venues with lots of people, so I've had plenty of exposure opportunities. I've also been in close quarters with people that had Covid. I only test myself when I have cold symptoms, probably half a dozen times over the past 3 years, and I've always tested negative so I would have to have been asymptomatic like you.

Nope.

Not unless you had Covid within the past 6 months. Immunity to newer variants fades, just like it does for the vaccines.

Which is unsurprising, considering the same thing happens with influenza. And Covid has now been demonstrated to mutate >4x the rate some influenza strains do.
I am talking about those with intact immune systems and without chronic illnesses. Those that are healthy and have intact immune systems, that have had COVID, do not currently need to get vaccinated in my opinion. There is no evidence that supports that if the goal is to not get hospitalized.

The reason to get your flu shot is because it is such a rough virus when you get it. And tha vaccination data is better. COVID now gets you a sore throat and a cough in most all instances.

Because I am arguing this with you, I feel that I need to state again, I am talking about healthy people with intact immune systems less than 70 years old or so. Let's keep the goal posts where I have put them this time.

Oh and spare me the 'long COVID' examples if you don't mind.

So bottom line, you're suggesting healthy people get vaccinated every 6 months? Thats a joke. I'll pass and I can't not recommend that, for the people I have carved out, for this post.

Serious question, Is there anyone you wouldn't suggest getting vaccinated? I would love to know because it seems like you're all in on the vaccine. As you know, I have a more pragmatic recommendation....

So bottom line, you're suggesting healthy people get vaccinated every 6 months?

Nope

I'm "suggesting" they get vaccinated every fall; just like for influenza.
That way, they will be less likely to become infected and spread it to others.

That way, they will be less likely to become infected and spread it to others.
Ha. There is no evidence for additional boosters (beyond the initial 4) of the vaccine vaccine working for either of those things any more than natural immunity and prior vaccination.

This is what we are discussing. More boosters for healthy people.

At one time, doctors, actual doctors thought smoking cigarettes was healthy and even prescribed them. Let's not pretend they have a perfect track record and the medical/scientific community is above reproach. I think its fair to question the jabs.
What doctors and when
Yeah

If you were a government employee.

Get a new job. Lots of hospitals/clinics mandated them, too, for their workers.
all hospitals mandated vaccines.

At one time, doctors, actual doctors thought smoking cigarettes was healthy and even prescribed them. Let's not pretend they have a perfect track record and the medical/scientific community is above reproach. I think its fair to question the jabs.
What doctors and when?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT