ADVERTISEMENT

NBA In-Season tournament

gojojo

HR Legend
Jul 24, 2001
Thoughts on this?

I thought it was a great way to bring some excitement to the NBA during a time that the NFL and CFB are at center stage. The average viewership was up from 1.2 million of similar games last year in same time slots to 1.5 million viewers up until the semi; last night's numbers are not in but the NBA was hoping for 4 million viewers, which is about 1.5 million less than last seasons finals average. I'm sure having LeBron and the Lakers playing helps that number.

The only thing I found odd was how the celebration was handled. They are really trying to push the idea that this is a really big deal when it kinda feels like winning the Great Alaska Shootout. It was a bit odd to see champagne bottles popping like a title was just won.

I am glad they're trying something new, the NBA needs an injection of something as viewership has been slowly declining.

Overall good games and worth the watch, it'll be interesting to see if it maintains the coverage and spotlight it received in year one.

I don't understand how teams advance as didn't pay attention but enjoyed it as well when on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT