ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tickets

I'm looking for 2 all session passes for NCAA's. Seat location isn't necessarily an issue.

My email is nwiafan@gmail.com.

Thanks!!!

I know a lot of people like having tickets in hand before going to an event, but NCAA's is one you don't need to. There's plenty of tickets being sold outside. I have a contact now with an event sponsor, so I don't need to scalp any more, but I've bought tickets outside at probably 8 NCAA tournaments. I've never sat in the upper decks. With only two needed, it should be relatively easy to get them. More than two and wanting them all together gets a little trickier. Buy from the wrestling fans and not the scalpers. The wrestling fans usually just want to unload them quickly and get in and watch the wrestling. The scalpers don't like to budge much until the session has started. Look for sellers wearing the team colors of the host school if you want to increase your chances for the best seats. Sometimes, you do miss a few matches if you gamble too much though and pass up tickets in hopes if finding better seats. Of course, there's always the buy the cheapest seats and find an empty one closer method. But you gotta be prepared to have to move.

I just got my confirmation email for tickets. Cant wait!
How did you get yours? I'm really having a hard time getting them this year. There is a group of 6 from NW Iowa going. I know that we can scalp before, but I always feel much better if I can have them in my hand before I leave.

Got mine through the University. From the correspondence I had with them, I think they should have some available. Have you tried the ticket office?

Got mine through the University. From the correspondence I had with them, I think they should have some available. Have you tried the ticket office?
Ya, I tired the ticket office a couple of times. They said that they only give them to season ticket holders. I have also tried a number of other school ticket offices. I'm hoping we will be able to get some before we head out there. Any ideas would be great.

Ya, I tired the ticket office a couple of times. They said that they only give them to season ticket holders. I have also tried a number of other school ticket offices. I'm hoping we will be able to get some before we head out there. Any ideas would be great.

What worked for me was to call the wrestling coach at a small school with only 1 or 2 qualifiers.. When I called the ticket office they knew nothing. The coach gets the tickets.

Reactions: stangs_sb
What worked for me was to call the wrestling coach at a small school with only 1 or 2 qualifiers.. When I called the ticket office they knew nothing. The coach gets the tickets.
That's a good idea, I'll give that a try. Have you done that this year already? Or in previous years? I will get them off of stubhub if it comes to that, but they are very expensive. I'm going to use that as my last resort.

That's a good idea, I'll give that a try. Have you done that this year already? Or in previous years? I will get them off of stubhub if it comes to that, but they are very expensive. I'm going to use that as my last resort.

UT-Chattanooga is a good source, i've gotten from them before. I also got some from i think Edinboro...some east coast school...maybe it was VMI....heck i don't remember but they had extras when it was in des moines.

I looked up the coach's name and phone number through the school's web site. Then called him. I have the head coach and assistant's e-mail. I simply inform them of how many tickets I need and they respond whether or not they can provide them. I've attended the last three NCAA's I've already told them that I'm not going this year but will be in St Louis next year. As I said earlier, I had called the ticket office and they wanted to sell me season tickets and didn't know what an NCAA ticket was.

UT-Chattanooga is a good source, i've gotten from them before. I also got some from i think Edinboro...some east coast school...maybe it was VMI....heck i don't remember but they had extras when it was in des moines.
And they were damn good seats eh Luther! How you been buddy?

I know you want them before hand, but don't go the StubHub route. They are charging $500+ a ticket that they paid $300 for.

The NCAA Ticket exchange opens on Monday, Wait a couple weeks and use that.

Tickets will open up as allotments get let up

I just don't want to see you pay $1000+ total more than you need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Huck and stangs_sb
I know a lot of people like having tickets in hand before going to an event, but NCAA's is one you don't need to. There's plenty of tickets being sold outside. I have a contact now with an event sponsor, so I don't need to scalp any more, but I've bought tickets outside at probably 8 NCAA tournaments. I've never sat in the upper decks. With only two needed, it should be relatively easy to get them. More than two and wanting them all together gets a little trickier. Buy from the wrestling fans and not the scalpers. The wrestling fans usually just want to unload them quickly and get in and watch the wrestling. The scalpers don't like to budge much until the session has started. Look for sellers wearing the team colors of the host school if you want to increase your chances for the best seats. Sometimes, you do miss a few matches if you gamble too much though and pass up tickets in hopes if finding better seats. Of course, there's always the buy the cheapest seats and find an empty one closer method. But you gotta be prepared to have to move.

I will assume finding one won't be an issue?

there is a ticket exchange on the ncaa championships site, but their prices look a lot higher than what I paid for mine.

At this point, if you can't find any though a smaller schools program, you're going to have to wait and scalp, unless you want to pay crazy prices.

anymore word on finding tickets? What is the ticket exchange? could someone point me in the right direction?
I just lucked out and had a guy from my home town that has season tickets with Iowa. We were able to get 6 in the Iowa section. I applied through UNI, but cancelled my order since we got them through Iowa. It wasn't easy this year. Maybe call UNI ticket office. Otherwise I would start calling other offices. I got them through Oregon St and Wyoming the past 2 years.

I ended up getting my 1 from UNI. I was originally denied, then I got a call Friday saying they had one. Section 112, row 12.

I have no idea why the market is so high this year, it's unreal.

I will know for sure within a week, but I may have 2 tickets for sale( That is to say, I have them, someone has expressed interest and will let me know if they want to confirm). iowa section upper level
Please let me know, definitely interested.

I got an email yesterday promoting tickets that were released for sale by NCAA. I'm assuming tix sent back by schools?

Received my tickets from Iowa on Wedneday in the mail. Section 105 - looks like similar location as in St Louis and prior years

FYI , the first day of the Nationals, March 17 is widely celebrated in NYC ... St Patricks Day , with a huge parade down 5th Ave , and every bar packed with drunks. The streets will also be packed with drunks. You probably won't notice any of this until you leave the last session at night from MSG, and will see what might appear like a Zombie Apocalypse. The bars will still be packed, but at this late hour , with even more highly intoxicated drunks. The only postive is there will be many out of their mind drunk chicks in every bar, and hook ups are easy pickings.

\
How many priority pts do you have that got section 105? We were put in 103/104.

So it looks like Iowa in Sections 103-105, any others that are the Hawkeye section. Will be curious to priority points for those sections as well!

Maybe due to our good finish last year (more seats on lower level?) and the limited number of fans that may not travel to NYC, it just might have been the year to purchase through university?? We are looking for 3 either in or close to the Iowa sections.

Last edited:
Rutgers sold out their allotment quickly, can us non Iowa fans buy your tickets ? I'm only going to Friday March 18. I live near NYC in NJ, so if any of you need a 'tour guide' to the best bars, restaurants and gentlemen clubs' ' of NYC , I will gladly exchange my ' local knowledge' for a free ticket for Friday. Can meet you at 'Stout' on 33rd st, a mere 2 blocks away. Stout has a great beer selection, good food menu and is a good meeting up place for out of town fans as it is very close to MSG and for for about 4 subway lines.

I have a chance to buy 4 tickets in section 108 (one past center section), row 9. I would only need 2 tickets, therefore I would have to dump the other tickets. Each ticket is $400 a piece. I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to get rid of these other two if I buy all four. Email me if you'd be interested in these tickets for a total of $800.
I should know something by tonight. fowlerkn@warrencor3.k12.mo.us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT