ADVERTISEMENT

Nationals Tickets

I know people who go every year with no tickets and get seats for face value outside. Also kids lose and parents leave and sell tickets to scalpers outside. They email the tickets over. It's actually better because you can't be scammed from fake tickets
Curious with digital tickets what stops a scalper from emailing them to multiple people or letting multiple people take a picture of them? I’m now hoping to go down and get tickets there but I’m not sure what stops people from selling the same ticket twice

Curious with digital tickets what stops a scalper from emailing them to multiple people or letting multiple people take a picture of them? I’m now hoping to go down and get tickets there but I’m not sure what stops people from selling the same ticket twice
You cannot enter with a picture of the ticket.

The ticket has to be transferred into your AXS (new this year, they previously usedTicketmaster) account. So it doesn’t get emailed, it gets transferred from their account into yours. After transfer they can no longer see it; and the digital barcode changes (and old one deactivated). The code actually changes something like every 60 minutes. And You can’t transfer a ticket that has been used.

It’s actually much harder to get ripped off than it was with paper tickets. The biggest fear would be paying somebody and then them not sending the tickets to you.

And you have to transfer the tickets for each session individually. So it actually takes a couple minutes. I think scalping has gone down outside the venue because a lot of people just don’t want (or know how) to deal with it.

Edit: if you are planning on buying tickets outside the arena, I would strongly recommend you create an AXS account and have downloaded the app before you get there. You don’t want to be fumbling with that in real time. And definitely know the email address that is associated with it.

The ticket has to be transferred into your AXS (new this year, they previously usedTicketmaster) account. So it doesn’t get emailed, it gets transferred from their account into yours. After transfer they can no longer see it; and the digital barcode changes (and old one deactivated). The code actually changes something like every 60 minutes. And You can’t transfer a ticket that has been used.

It’s actually much harder to get ripped off than it was with paper tickets. The biggest fear would be paying somebody and then them not sending the tickets to you.

And you have to transfer the tickets for each session individually. So it actually takes a couple minutes. I think scalping has gone down outside the venue because a lot of people just don’t want (or know how) to deal with it.

Edit: if you are planning on buying tickets outside the arena, I would strongly recommend you create an AXS account and have downloaded the app before you get there. You don’t want to be fumbling with that in real time. And definitely know the email address that is associated with it.
Thank you much…this is very helpful. I would’ve been the guy fumbling around trying to download the app.

Thank you much…this is very helpful. I would’ve been the guy fumbling around trying to download the app.
You are welcome. And there are a bunch of different AXS apps, so it can be confusing. This is the correct one:

You are welcome. And there are a bunch of different AXS apps, so it can be confusing. This is the correct one:

Thanks for the info.

I’m gonna try scalping at the event. Typically the type who has tickets in hand but there’s no way I’m paying the prices I’m seeing right now. If it doesn’t work out there’s plenty of bars in the area.

What is the consensus best way to find single session tickets? I can’t get there until Thursday night at earliest and don’t desire to sit through the finals. Mainly want to see Friday sessions and Saturday am. Is scalping outside the best option? Basically looking for two tickets for 3-4 sessions.
Ticketsforless.com. I have not used them in the last few months, but my memory is their fees are shown up front.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Still looking to get all session tickets. Looks like I am going to have to get them through StubHub, SeatGeek, VividSeats, etc. I hate that they won’t tell you their outrageous add on fees until you have put in all your information and credit card info. Anybody do the legwork to see which sites have the least add on fees (or know what the approximate amounts are) for this event?

Still looking to get all session tickets. Looks like I am going to have to get them through StubHub, SeatGeek, VividSeats, etc. I hate that they won’t tell you their outrageous add on fees until you have put in all your information and credit card info. Anybody do the legwork to see which sites have the least add on fees (or know what the approximate amounts are) for this event?
Tickpick shows you total price with the fees built in.

Reactions: Jackhawk87
I have two tickets available for session 1 Thursday morning.
Section 102, row 29. $60 each.

I've got line on tickets for the following:
Section 215 row 15
  • Session 1: 4 tickets @$50 per
  • Session 2: 6 tickets @$60 per (additional 2 tickets in section 106 for $200 per)
  • Session 3: 4 tickets @$70 per (again, section 215 row 15)
  • Session 4: 4 tickets @$150 per
  • Session 5: 2 tickets at $150 per
  • Session 6: 4 tickets at $300 per

I'm a middle man here. If you're interested I'll put you in contact with the owner. Not a broker or anything, it's the family of one of the refs.

I've got line on tickets for the following:
Section 215 row 15
  • Session 1: 4 tickets @$50 per
  • Session 2: 6 tickets @$60 per (additional 2 tickets in section 106 for $200 per)
  • Session 3: 4 tickets @$70 per (again, section 215 row 15)
  • Session 4: 4 tickets @$150 per
  • Session 5: 2 tickets at $150 per
  • Session 6: 4 tickets at $300 per

I'm a middle man here. If you're interested I'll put you in contact with the owner. Not a broker or anything, it's the family of one of the refs.
$800 total for one of the worst sections in the arena? They’re nuts if they think they can get.

I thought the correct answer was morals…..

I did not. I went through StubHub, and the fees are outrageous. I paid $390 per all Session ticket and roughly $140 in fees per ticket. Still waiting for the ticket transfer via AXS.

Reactions: Jackhawk87
I did not. I went through StubHub, and the fees are outrageous. I paid $390 per all Session ticket and roughly $140 in fees per ticket. Still waiting for the ticket transfer via AXS.
How long does it take for the transfer?? Previous transfers I have gotten have been almost immediate. I was planning on waiting it out assuming the transfer would be quick.

Call T-Mobile Center. They are selling all session for $450 right now section 117

Last edited:
How long does it take for the transfer?? Previous transfers I have gotten have been almost immediate. I was planning on waiting it out assuming the transfer would be quick.

Depends on the seller. All StubHub does is alerts the seller they need to transfer from their email address to yours. StubHub never actually holds the ticket

Just an FYI there were exactly 2 scalpers outside for session 2. Would not budge until 15 minutes to 6:00. Paid $80 for a bad single lower level. 2 together good lower level was $400 total. Tough sledding. On a side note AXS works well.

group behind me got all session tickets from box office this morning(Thursday) for $450. Sec 117. Row 17.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
I have tickets to the morning session. Feel free to message me and I’ll give you my personal phone number if you’re interested

The arena was prob 90+% full for both sessions yesterday.

By contrast, the last two years it was maybe 65-70% full the first day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT