ADVERTISEMENT

Nationals Tickets

CKhawkeye51

Rookie
Feb 16, 2010
Anyone hear anything about nationals tickets? Looking for 2 all session tickets. Anyone have experience waiting until last second? Looking to make my 1st nationals trip. Thanks for any advice!

Reactions: el dub
Anyone hear anything about nationals tickets? Looking for 2 all session tickets. Anyone have experience waiting until last second? Looking to make my 1st nationals trip. Thanks for any advice!
Always people selling outside for face value.
Not sure how easy it'll be to find tickets going the old-school route.

Secondary markets are brutal, $800-1000 for an all-session ticket in the nosebleed section.

Not sure how easy it'll be to find tickets going the old-school route.

Secondary markets are brutal, $800-1000 for an all-session ticket in the nosebleed section.
The secondary market has been like that each of the last several years.

What is happening is those those nosebleed tickets are the only ones actually sold directly to the public. So the scalpers buy them thinking they can turn a profit and they mark them for stupid prices. I can’t imagine they sell many. But they don’t really lower the prices, so tickets go unused.

The past couple of years the arena has been 25%-30% empty.

What is happening is those those nosebleed tickets are the only ones actually sold directly to the public. So the scalpers buy them thinking they can turn a profit and they mark them for stupid prices. I can’t imagine they sell many. But they don’t really lower the prices, so tickets go unused.

Such a shame that's the case.

Do schools still get an allotment to sell to their fans or is that a thing of the past as well?

I know people who go every year with no tickets and get seats for face value outside. Also kids lose and parents leave and sell tickets to scalpers outside. They email the tickets over. It's actually better because you can't be scammed from fake tickets

Such a shame that's the case.

Do schools still get an allotment to sell to their fans or is that a thing of the past as well?
NCAA sells most of the lower tickets to an entertainment group that then marks them up over $2k and includes a few things the average fan probably could care less about to justify calling it a package deal. Last year Iowa got maybe 100 total tickets in their allotment. Look at how many season tickets Iowa sells and then consider if the NCAA really cares about the fans or the money.

NCAA sells most of the lower tickets to an entertainment group that then marks them up over $2k and includes a few things the average fan probably could care less about to justify calling it a package deal. Last year Iowa got maybe 100 total tickets in their allotment. Look at how many season tickets Iowa sells and then consider if the NCAA really cares about the fans or the money.
They should get a bunch this year. Heard iowa st got a few hundred

The best seats in the house at most venues are the first five rows of the second deck. I've sat all over various arenas at NCAA Tournaments, and in many venues, the lower level seats have scoreboards, photographers, officials and other things obstructing, views of the action or other scoreboards. The first few rows of the upper deck usually allow you to see everything you want to when you need to. If you want to be closer to the action sometimes, a good set of binoculars does the trick. Now , back rows of upper decks are a whole different story.

The best seats in the house at most venues are the first five rows of the second deck. I've sat all over various arenas at NCAA Tournaments, and in many venues, the lower level seats have scoreboards, photographers, officials and other things obstructing, views of the action or other scoreboards. The first few rows of the upper deck usually allow you to see everything you want to when you need to. If you want to be closer to the action sometimes, a good set of binoculars does the trick. Now , back rows of upper decks are a whole different story.
Agree the 1st 10-15 rows in the lower bowl the sight line aren't great. It's hard to see all the mats from there

Reactions: TNTwrestle
Agree the 1st 10-15 rows in the lower bowl the sight line aren't great. It's hard to see all the mats from there
I would agree. You usually can’t see one of the corner mats.
Friday is pretty good in the lower bowl and better Friday night, especially if your wrestlers are on the winners side. Great on Saturday.
The first few rows in upper bowl are good.

What is the consensus best way to find single session tickets? I can’t get there until Thursday night at earliest and don’t desire to sit through the finals. Mainly want to see Friday sessions and Saturday am. Is scalping outside the best option? Basically looking for two tickets for 3-4 sessions.

the ncaa is f*cking up the wrestling tournament, shocker. i hope actual attendance keeps falling to even more embarrassing levels this year. last year in tulsa was pathetic for actual attendance, which is fitting for oklahoma.

Reactions: ping72
the ncaa is f*cking up the wrestling tournament, shocker. i hope actual attendance keeps falling to even more embarrassing levels this year. last year in tulsa was pathetic for actual attendance, which is fitting for oklahoma.
Where are you pulling the attendance numbers from?

Where are you pulling the attendance numbers from?
The tickets are sold, but they’re sold to brokers who in turn either sell for around $200 per session upper deck or the seat goes empty. Most people who would have bought an all-session ticket in the old days (like 2015 or so) sit home because they aren’t comfortable getting fleeced or scammed. The NCAA doesn’t care as long as the seats are sold how many sit empty.

The best seats in the house at most venues are the first five rows of the second deck. I've sat all over various arenas at NCAA Tournaments, and in many venues, the lower level seats have scoreboards, photographers, officials and other things obstructing, views of the action or other scoreboards. The first few rows of the upper deck usually allow you to see everything you want to when you need to.
Agree. And I have 2 tickets available in Section 222 Row 1. Was planning on going with a buddy, but now he can't and I don't want to head to Kansas City alone. If interested, text me at 319-929-6672.

Absolutely TRUE... I was amazed at the number of empty seats for the finals last year. Many even lower bowl... Ticketmaster's greed is ruining the national tourney for the most loyal fans at the same time ESPN is carrying the event for free on traditional cable & satellite. NCAA should cancel the affiliation with Ticketmaster or limit the allowable mark-up to the general public.

Absolutely TRUE... I was amazed at the number of empty seats for the finals last year. Many even lower bowl... Ticketmaster's greed is ruining the national tourney for the most loyal fans at the same time ESPN is carrying the event for free on traditional cable & satellite. NCAA should cancel the affiliation with Ticketmaster or limit the allowable mark-up to the general public.
Ticketmaster is only part of the problem. My tickets this year came from AXS. The NCAA has control of all the tickets. The problem lies with the NCAA who cut tickets to all the schools and holds lots of good tickets for sponsers and other non wrestling fans. This gives people like me the ability to get good lower bowl tickets if you know the right someone. My group are big wrestling/Hawk fans.

Ticketmaster is only part of the problem. My tickets this year came from AXS. The NCAA has control of all the tickets. The problem lies with the NCAA who cut tickets to all the schools and holds lots of good tickets for sponsers and other non wrestling fans. This gives people like me the ability to get good lower bowl tickets if you know the right someone. My group are big wrestling/Hawk fans.
Happen to know 2 extra someones? 😃

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
But at what price? Can any of us peons afford those seats? I don't want lower bowl, I just want good seats in the upper deck at a price I can afford, and the same seats the whole tournament.

Last edited:
I believe 450 for lower level and 375 for upper were/are the face value prices. Never saw anything near this on the secondary market. If you are still looking, I would wait until the last minute looking for someone to dump extras. Otherwise, you are looking at close to 700 to 900 for an all session ticket (depending on quantity)

Reactions: ping72
I have 4 tix available for both sessions Thursday, 2 available for the semis, and 2 for the finals…. First row balcony in Iowa section.

If interested in any or all drop a message and an email or phone #.

I have 4 tix available for both sessions Thursday, 2 available for the semis, and 2 for the finals…. First row balcony in Iowa section.

If interested in any or all drop a message and an email or phone #.
Hi Gobblin, I'm going and am looking for one ticket. Please shoot me a text and I'll text/call you later this evening or tomorrow. Thank you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT