ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Women's Tickets

Iowa Women's Basketball

6m ·
𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧
🤩

There will be no public on-sale for the NCAA First and Second Rounds in Iowa City. Both sessions on Saturday and Monday are sold out. Every ticket sold on SeatGeek is verified and trusted, and all tickets sold are backed by SeatGeek’s Buyer Guarantee.

The get-in-the-door price is over $300, and I bet it remains in that range. OSU game minimum was $400.

I sincerely feel the postseason should be opened up to the general public, all 15,000. Season ticket holders get too much in this case. Same with the Crossover at Kinnick. Let some kids see them play that don't always get to.

I sincerely feel the postseason should be opened up to the general public, all 15,000. Season ticket holders get too much in this case. Same with the Crossover at Kinnick. Let some kids see them play that don't always get to.
As much as I understand your feelings. That would never happen it would be a slap to those who paid for and donated to univ to be able to get them.

As much as I understand your feelings. That would never happen it would be a slap to those who paid for and donated to univ to be able to get them.
And if you opened up to the general public it would hurt the home court advantage and have a lot more people reselling and scalping too.

Reactions: BurgHawk87
They're always going to give the benefit to the ones who have been there from the beginning.

That would generate a super bowl atmosphere. More about flaunting being there than people that actually care about the game.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Totally get that sentiment, and as one who was going to try and get his aged mother a couple tickets to see CC in person one time, I absolutely understand given the season holders first shot. Even though I'm guessing a chunk of those got them just to make money, they put it out there from the start.

Problem is the resellers. The whole world knew it was gonna be a hot ticket this year but the U of I didn't prepare for it. Huge amounts went to people that bought them at rack prices with no donation and sent them straight to stubhub. And of course they still get dibs on tourney tickets.

Problem is the resellers. The whole world knew it was gonna be a hot ticket this year but the U of I didn't prepare for it. Huge amounts went to people that bought them at rack prices with no donation and sent them straight to stubhub. And of course they still get dibs on tourney tickets.
The “resale” market needs to be SEVERELY regulated. If Americans are truly concerned about “inflation” and “inflationary pressures” the resale market is low hanging fruit. It’s been a problem for decades. Let the “retailers” set the prices for the consumer...not the speculators.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
The “resale” market needs to be SEVERELY regulated. If Americans are truly concerned about “inflation” and “inflationary pressures” the resale market is low hanging fruit. It’s been a problem for decades. Let the “retailers” set the prices for the consumer...not the speculators.

So you're anti-free market. Good for you. The market price is the market price.

Most folks don't measure inflation by women's basketball tickets. Gas, milk, bread, eggs, etc. are a bit more important.
If enough folks don't pay the "resellers", they get stuck with the tickets and lose money, and eventually stop trying. Nobody is forced to pay $1k for tickets, but if they do, it's their choice--they feel it's worth it to experience whatever is on the other end of the ticket.

My question is mainly, where did the tickets go before a public sale? There aren't 15,000 season tickets. Do season ticket holders not only get offered their seats, but extras as well? That's mainly where my issue was. I was told if there were general sales that the wrong people would buy them and resell them, but obviously season ticket holders are re-selling all season long. I do understand for all major sports this is how it works for post-season. It is what it is, just a vent. My experience is the crowd is better when the general crowds come in, like past NIT's vs the 80 year old donors circling the court.

My question is mainly, where did the tickets go before a public sale? There aren't 15,000 season tickets. Do season ticket holders not only get offered their seats, but extras as well? That's mainly where my issue was. I was told if there were general sales that the wrong people would buy them and resell them, but obviously season ticket holders are re-selling all season long. I do understand for all major sports this is how it works for post-season. It is what it is, just a vent. My experience is the crowd is better when the general crowds come in, like past NIT's vs the 80 year old donors circling the court.
You are correct there are not 15k season ticket holders it’s more like 14K. And we could only buy what we had for season seats some season tickets holders got shuffled and some lost there seats to allow for some going to visitors.

So I don't know the total amount of season ticket holders, but I know they have an allotment for the 3 other schools. Seating is reduced from normal games with no floor seating and band sections. I'm guessing there are probably tickets that go to sponsors as well

So I don't know the total amount of season ticket holders, but I know they have an allotment for the 3 other schools. Seating is reduced from normal games with no floor seating and band sections. I'm guessing there are probably tickets that go to sponsors as well
thanks for the responses. this makes sense. And i think i was really underestimating how many actual season tickets were sold this year. We'll look back at these days eventually and tell kids/grandkids about how crazy it was. Even with awesome recruits coming, I think we can agree this last couple years was a perfect storm with just a special group.

thanks for the responses. this makes sense. And i think i was really underestimating how many actual season tickets were sold this year. We'll look back at these days eventually and tell kids/grandkids about how crazy it was. Even with awesome recruits coming, I think we can agree this last couple years was a perfect storm with just a special group.
I think they announced season tickets right after the championship game, and they went fast.

I think they announced season tickets right after the championship game, and they went fast.
we did get to go to a game and headed to Wells Fargo for another one, so I have little to complain about. I often think they could have done more to take advantage of the situation. The crossover at Kinnick was a huge deal for the fans. Heck, as weird as it might have been, I feel like they could have had a couple live practices in Carver and sold $20 tickets and sold the place out, ha. Lots of money making opps for the school.

we did get to go to a game and headed to Wells Fargo for another one, so I have little to complain about. I often think they could have done more to take advantage of the situation. The crossover at Kinnick was a huge deal for the fans. Heck, as weird as it might have been, I feel like they could have had a couple live practices in Carver and sold $20 tickets and sold the place out, ha. Lots of money making opps for the school.
I suppose. Iowa was one of very few (if not the only) schools that sold out every women's game. Hindsight is always 20/20. IIRC there were a lot of people last year saying Iowa wouldn't have a good attendance for the Cross Over in Kinnick.

Have a possible avenue here that might be worth a shot.

UT Martin has tickets to Thursdays play in game for $50. If they win they will have tickets to Saturday.

Might be worth buying tickets via their allotment. Buy Thursdays to show you aren’t just an Iowa fan in disguise.

I also contacted WVU, they didn’t have any tickets.

So you're anti-free market. Good for you. The market price is the market price.
Supply and demand……the price has been determined by the ticket price, the resale price is artificially influenced by “ artificially limiting supply ”on the secondary market……Demand would always be most accurate when established by the original supplier monitoring sales. The original vendor should be the one responsible for raising or lowering the ticket price….not a secondary vendor.

How were they to prepare for it? There is no way to stop reselling.
Anticipate the demand and adjust accordingly. They sold out like Taylor Swift concert tickets. Everyone knew that was coming. Tickets for each game sold for more on the aftermarket than the entire season ticket cost in the first place. Hell if they charged that little for mens season tickets I'd buy some just to take the kid down a couple times and give away the rest. And if I'm not mistaken there's no seat contribution for women's correct?

But that's the university's problem they failed to cash in on a historic season, I have no skin in the game here.

Reactions: Bruceman44
Have to have seats for the visitors also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT