ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Women's Tickets

IowaHawkIT

HR All-American
Jan 10, 2011
When will tickets be available for the women's games at Carver? I'm assuming season ticket holders have already been able to buy them but when does the NCAA make them available for everyone else? Will it be right after selection Sunday?

Current season ticket holders can reserve their current seats in their account. Credit cards will not be charged until the games are confirmed. They aren’t taking pre-orders for non-season ticket holders.

When do they go on sale to the public? Is it Sunday night after the teams are announced? Monday?

I highly doubt it will make it to public sale. Last year they went on sale the Monday after at 9am and sold out in minutes
Who sells them? Since the schools themselves host does the U or I do it or does the NCAA distribute them? Haven't found any real info yet. I know they'll sell in minutes but I'd like to try to snag some, I want to be ready when it goes down.

I would think all invited schools will be given an allotment of tax to sell to their fan base and school officials. I wouldn’t know the number of tix allotted to these schools, but 500-1000 would be normal, I’d think. You know another “near by” school will be coming to Carver...like a Creighton....or similar.

Who sells them? Since the schools themselves host does the U or I do it or does the NCAA distribute them? Haven't found any real info yet. I know they'll sell in minutes but I'd like to try to snag some, I want to be ready when it goes down.

It's been done through the university. I'm not sure how many total season tickets they had this year, but with reduced seating (allotment, media, etc.) it wouldn't surprise me if they're sold out to just season ticket members. Checking my emails last year, this was what they sent after the selection show:

WOMEN'S TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY, MARCH 13 AT 9 A.M. (CT)
The Iowa women's basketball team will be hosting the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Fans are encouraged to buy tickets online at HawkeyeSports.com/tickets . All session pricing begins at $30 for adults, $14 for seniors (50 and above), and $14 youth (18 and under). As a reminder, tickets are all digital for the tournament.

I would think all invited schools will be given an allotment of tax to sell to their fan base and school officials. I wouldn’t know the number of tix allotted to these schools, but 500-1000 would be normal, I’d think. You know another “near by” school will be coming to Carver...like a Creighton....or similar.

I looked into tickets through Georgia and FSU last year when they came to Carver and it redirected you to the Hawkeye website. I'm guessing if you're not a friend or family member of their teams, you can't get tickets through their allotment.

Well I hope it isnt the Creighton Maulers who get invited to Carver.

We filled out the order form and got this response. Note that the price is $75 per ticket for the all games. The handling fee is $6/order. Last year they were $30 each + handling.

Description Location Qty Price Item Fee Fac Fee Amount
--------------- --------------- --- -------- -------- -------- ----------
PRESALE NCAA C XXXX 2 75.00 0.00 0.00 150.00
1st & 2nd Rounds in Iowa City

Special Handling: If tickets become available, I would like a total of four (4) tickets. MY NAME

Since it sounds like past the first 2 games. if we advance it would be in Albany2 bracket so does any know schedule it looks like that bracket would play Friday and then not till Monday night but I would think it would make more since to be Saturday Monday because I know Albany 1 is Friday Sunday setup.

Since it sounds like past the first 2 games. if we advance it would be in Albany2 bracket so does any know schedule it looks like that bracket would play Friday and then not till Monday night but I would think it would make more since to be Saturday Monday because I know Albany 1 is Friday Sunday setup.
My comment was about creslin saying the ticket prices took a big jump. I mean "shocking" right? NOT......

Albany Session 2, which would be two sweet sixteen games on Saturday March 30, are way more expensive than the first session and second session in Portland and more than double what the Albany Session 1 prices are. Most be a lot of rumors that’s where Iowa will be.

Yea there not cheap I have 2 all sessions tickets but since they are premium seats in lower level they can’t be sold on any sites. I will sell for face but will most likely just not be able to unless I see someone face to face that I can transfer to there not a bad deal $375 a seat all 4 sessions. They made me buy 4 and only needed two. Original sale

Yea there not cheap I have 2 all sessions tickets but since they are premium seats in lower level they can’t be sold on any sites. I will sell for face but will most likely just not be able to unless I see someone face to face that I can transfer to there not a bad deal $375 a seat all 4 sessions. They made me buy 4 and only needed two. Original sale
That sounds a bit unfair to the original ticket holders, as GA tickets to random Iowa games this season routinely went for several hundred dollars on the secondary market.

Depending on where they are at, I might be interested in both. Will be driving up for it, if all goes well in Iowa City the first two rounds.

Right, sounds like you are really hampered by not being allowed to sell them on any ticket sites.
Well I knew that was the case when I bought but I thought there premium seats nice chairs and hoping I would find someone. I will ask around next weekend and let foundation know and someone will get them.

Well I knew that was the case when I bought but I thought there premium seats nice chairs and hoping I would find someone. I will ask around next weekend and let foundation know and someone will get them.
I’ve got tickets to sessions 2 and 3 and 4 but they are all over the place in the arena and would like to be in a single spot for all sessions.

Well I’d buy the two from you if Iowa ends up going to Albany. It’s a short drive for me, will be heading up on that Good Friday.
Well message me if we go there I’m not sure how to do it but there is a way and we can call each other and go from there.

Has anyone else noticed that there tickets for first two rounds were in there account have now disappeared one other season ticket holder said his are gone also. We never had access to them but you could see they were there.

Reactions: letsgosports
Has anyone else noticed that there tickets for first two rounds were in there account have now disappeared one other season ticket holder said his are gone also. We never had access to them but you could see they were there.
Yes, I called the ticket office to make sure that was normal. You should be in the clear— we will have them added to our accounts again next week.

Yes, I called the ticket office to make sure that was normal. You should be in the clear— we will have them added to our accounts again next week.
Phew, was coming here to ask the same thing.

Saw the tickets earlier in the week, but today did not.

Hoping to get some sort of confirmation email tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT