SW on McGee
McGee not doing much
Meyers of VT advances to the 3rd place match
RT is locked
22 secdnds a
almost rolls through
covers and ride out
ADS wins 19-4 Tech fall
Bands having a very serious discussion with ADS after the match.

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
Team scoring update after DeSanto's win

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
Semi
# 3rd-4th# 5th-6th# 7th-8th
Team Standings
Iowa
114​
155​
3​
3​
1​
1​
Penn State
94.5​
124.5​
4​
2​
Oklahoma State
86.5​
127​
2​
3​
1​

Any lip readers know what brands said to Deaanto after the match?
giphy.gif

If this tweet from Nickal were true, then ADS would’ve gotten the fall. Of course, I’m assuming he’s talking about Iowa last night.

That has to be directed toward OKSt doesn't it? I can't remember a "controversial" call that has gone Iowa's way all tournament long. OkSt has gotten the Lewellan gift(s) and been allowed to do nothing and advance with both Fix and Ferrari.

I never try to put too much stock in what either Brands say to wrestlers after matches. They're intense men, and it was most likely motivational.
The corner was telling him to settle down multiple points in the match. I don't think he loved Desanto spending the last 3 seconds basically begging McGee to stand up when he needed a rideout for the tech.

That has to be directed toward OKSt doesn't it? I can't remember a "controversial" call that has gone Iowa's way all tournament long. OkSt has gotten the Lewellan gift(s) and been allowed to do nothing and advance with both Fix and Ferrari.
He's talking about Iowa's quick fall calls I bet combined with Warner not getting pinned.

The corner was telling him to settle down multiple points in the match. I don't think he loved Desanto spending the last 3 seconds basically begging McGee to stand up when he needed a rideout for the tech.

I think he was trying to encourage McGee to move. DeSanto wanted the PIN....BAD.

Not sure if guys have to take a damn nap out their to get a freaking stall called. 1 Stall warning, then the dude proceeds to do nothing to try and get out in the 3rd.

Just took a look back at the number of viewers our KXIC Radio play by play transcription has received since Thursday.

Session 1A: 39K viewers
Session 1B: 36K
Session 2A: 48K
Session 2B: 52K
Session 3A: 67K
Session 3B: 57K
Session 4: 86K

The Rivals Hawkeye Report website wrestling forum, not to mention Tom Kakert and Blair Sanderson, have provided die hard Iowa wrestling fans a unique and powerful platform to gather and stay engaged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT