ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Board

I bet Frosty is trying his hardest to get every senior he possibly can to stay so he can at least have a more experienced team next year. They already have the largest roster in the league by about 30 guys.
And yet... they don't have five guys on that roster that would even see the field at Iowa.

EDIT:... there aren't three guys that would play for the Hawks, maybe special teams.

And yet... they don't have five guys on that roster that would even see the field at Iowa.

EDIT:... there aren't three guys that would play for the Hawks, maybe special teams.

I actually think there is plenty that would see the field at Iowa. They probably would look a lot better as Iowa is well coached. Players aren't the issue at Nebraska. If Iowa had our roster, they might be a touch better because of the development that goes on at Iowa.

Nebraska has a few major problems. QB play is atrocious, Oline play is awful & player development is lacking in some areas.

I actually think there is plenty that would see the field at Iowa. They probably would look a lot better as Iowa is well coached. Players aren't the issue at Nebraska. If Iowa had our roster, they might be a touch better because of the development that goes on at Iowa.

Nebraska has a few major problems. QB play is atrocious, Oline play is awful & player development is lacking in some areas.

agree....they have some talent that we could use. they are very poorly coached with zero development. these 4 stars that they get every yr should look at the draft history of Neb vs Iowa....not even close.

After all, Nebraska only has one single D1 football team (they could have had another with Omaha U....but the forces that be (Osborne then AD of Nebraska and his toadie Trev Alberts) formed the narrative that took the sport away from the University.
[/QUOTE]

Not only did UNO end their football program they also ended their wrestling program immediately after they on a National Championship! In fact, when they arrived back at campus they were locked out of their locker room. Also at the hand of Trev Alberts (Osborne's puppet).

Iowa’s blue collar work ethic is either why kids come to Iowa or run the other way. I don’t think many of Nebraska’s players would stick around for that type of physical work every day on the field and in the weight room. It takes a special kid with a chip on his shoulder to come to Iowa, roll up his shirt sleeves and get to work pounding the rock to see their full development as a two, three or four star athlete and possibly not see the field for a year or two.

Not bashing Nebraska, just think this used to be their style, now it is not in how they prep their players from day one to see the field. Oh, and good luck in your bowl game this Friday, Frost should sell it to the players that way as the Pinstripe Bowl vs Rutgers since I highly doubt Nebraska will get an invite at 2-6 or 3-5.

Last edited:
There's even one or two pathetic fools on that board who say the conference has it in for them. That's why they get all those bad calls, you know.

According to one thread on the Nebraska board, Big 10 opponents have never been called for holding against Nebraska...

... during a passing play

... that was accepted, not declined

... at home

... when the temperature was above 40 degrees F

... on a Tuesday

... during a st...., uh, I don't remember the rest of the conditions.

Back in March, Nebraska fans would have been excited to play a December Football under the shadow of Statue of Liberty. Biggest football game in Scott Frost Era they would claim.
— welcome to Friday afternoon at Rutgers

Iowa’s blue collar work ethic is either why kids come to Iowa or run the other way. I don’t think many of Nebraska’s players would stick around for that type of physical work every day on the field and in the weight room. It takes a special kid with a chip on his shoulder to come to Iowa, roll up his shirt sleeves and get to work pounding the rock to see their full development as a two, three or four star athlete and possibly not see the field for a year or two.

Not bashing Nebraska, just think this used to be their style, now it is not in how they prep their players from day one to see the field. Oh, and good luck in your bowl game this Friday, Frost should sell it to the players that way as the Pinstripe Bowl vs Rutgers since I highly doubt Nebraska will get an invite at 2-6 or 3-5.

I agree with you, and I think we have quite a few of those Iowa type players, but just are not getting developed like they would at a place like Iowa. Some things are getting better, but still just have some huge issues. Is what it is.. Nebraska is terrible right now and will take a step forward and then 3 backwards and it is crazy. Biggest example is they had a chance to beat both Iowa and Northwestern (Top 2 in the west) but stepped on their dick hardcore. That's football and it happens, but what is comical is losing to Illinois the way they did and now Minnesota.

I agree with you, and I think we have quite a few of those Iowa type players, but just are not getting developed like they would at a place like Iowa. Some things are getting better, but still just have some huge issues. Is what it is.. Nebraska is terrible right now and will take a step forward and then 3 backwards and it is crazy. Biggest example is they had a chance to beat both Iowa and Northwestern (Top 2 in the west) but stepped on their dick hardcore. That's football and it happens, but what is comical is losing to Illinois the way they did and now Minnesota.
Yeah, you guys got to get things figured out for next season. And we know the feeling about a couple losses that could of been wins. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Nebraska has become the Dallas Cowboys of College football - Have plenty of talented players.... don't play physical tough football and act like if they just show up they will win the game. JMO

Reactions: Pawkhawk1

As someone that has lived on Western side of state...believe me Nebraska fans are beyond description....they are thee self-anointed best fans in the country. And I'm sure no other state in the country devotes attention to one single college football entity 365 days a year as the Nebraska media does. After all, Nebraska only has one single D1 football team (they could have had another with Omaha U....but the forces that be (Osborne then AD of Nebraska and his toadie Trev Alberts) formed the narrative that took the sport away from the University.
[/QUOTE]
Living in Omaha and used to be a Mars season ticket holder (hey its football too). This isn't actually correct. Taking the hockey team division 1 forced them into different compliance regarding equal scholarships for woman sports. It's why even though wrestling is cheap they still had to drop it because of inequality of opportunities.
I hate Debby and her arrogance fans as much as any but facts still matter.

Nice people as long as you acknowledge their supremacy.

Exactly. Nicest fanbase is easy to proclaim when you're winning. It's how you act when you're losing that is the true measure. Obviously a big fail in that category.

Reactions: Razorhawk2

Still soft on both sides of the ball.

According to one thread on the Nebraska board, Big 10 opponents have never been called for holding against Nebraska...

... during a passing play

... that was accepted, not declined

... at home

... when the temperature was above 40 degrees F

... on a Tuesday

... during a st...., uh, I don't remember the rest of the conditions.
Funny thing is they are used to getting things called their way and had for years. Remember Jim Walden getting ready to play them in like the 9th game of the season and he says Neb. has only had 2 holding penalties all year!
Then went on to say ISU can get 2 in a half.
Me and my buddies always have said the helmets are worth 7 pts. so when you play the Mich/Oh St/Okla/ so called blue bloods you might as well be ready for the phantom holding call after one of your big plays as it is coming back....

After Nebraska gets crushed by Rutgers they can play Wisconsin at home for there Bowl game. It can be called the BadHusk Bowl.

I bet Frosty is trying his hardest to get every senior he possibly can to stay so he can at least have a more experienced team next year. They already have the largest roster in the league by about 30 guys.

well he lost one yesterday. How the heck do you bail on your team 4 days before the final game of the season?

Reactions: pink shizzle
After all, Nebraska only has one single D1 football team (they could have had another with Omaha U....but the forces that be (Osborne then AD of Nebraska and his toadie Trev Alberts) formed the narrative that took the sport away from the University.

Not only did UNO end their football program they also ended their wrestling program immediately after they on a National Championship! In fact, when they arrived back at campus they were locked out of their locker room. Also at the hand of Trev Alberts (Osborne's puppet).
[/QUOTE]
Wrestling won 2 in a row even....

Trevs a doucher...

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
well he lost one yesterday. How the heck do you bail on your team 4 days before the final game of the season?

How do you quit on your team 4 days before last game of season. If I’m an NFL gm, he’s off my board because I expect him to quit at half time of a NFL game. I guess he’s worried Rutgers NFL DL is going to make him look bad? Maybe he’s got PTSD from Chauncey still?

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
Exactly. Nicest fanbase is easy to proclaim when you're winning. It's how you act when you're losing that is the true measure. Obviously a big fail in that category.
Do the Nebbers still applaud the visiting team at Memorial Stadium at the end of games now that they’re losing to them all? Are there even enough fans (pre-COVID) left in the stands to be audible?

Reactions: Razorhawk2
Do the Nebbers still applaud the visiting team at Memorial Stadium at the end of games now that they’re losing to them all? Are there even enough fans (pre-COVID) left in the stands to be audible?

Enough fans? Don't they sell out every game for the past 100 years now?

PS. Because Purdue /Wisconsin game is canceled the NU/RU game is now at 730pm

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Living in Omaha and used to be a Mars season ticket holder (hey its football too). This isn't actually correct. Taking the hockey team division 1 forced them into different compliance regarding equal scholarships for woman sports. It's why even though wrestling is cheap they still had to drop it because of inequality of opportunities.
I hate Debby and her arrogance fans as much as any but facts still matter.

Also, UNO athletics has a different dynamic in that UNO Hockey pays the bills for the AD. Football and wrestling were money losers. When Title 9 and budget decisions needed to be mad those two men's programs were ripe to be cut.

I still don't think it is right and that Title 9 just needs to go away. The practical effect it has is to deny men opportunities.

Also, UNO athletics has a different dynamic in that UNO Hockey pays the bills for the AD. Football and wrestling were money losers. When Title 9 and budget decisions needed to be mad those two men's programs were ripe to be cut.

I still don't think it is right and that Title 9 just needs to go away. The practical effect it has is to deny men opportunities.
Denying others is the definition of equality

He says the Huskers are "very close" to be an elite defense. "We're at the tipping point."

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chishawk1425
Are you referring to Spartans of abuse cover-up or Ped State? As much as I despise Nebraska, I draw the line at that.
I don’t. Even if Sandusky himself was coaching Ped State with Lane Kiffen at his side, I’d cheer for them to beat Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT