ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska preview

What? Cronin is in his 7th year and is older than Spencer. Should’ve known by the name you don’t actually know anything about wrestling.

125 will be fun for Iowa. If anyone cares to watch the last time they wrestled, the match is on YouTube. The entire video is less than 2 min.

Edit to add: just looked it up, Spencer is 3-0 against Cronin. Fall :54, 15-0 TF 3:16, Fall 1:21

I fondly remember the battles Cronin had with Charlie Falck early in his career.

No different. I've watched reviews at MCAAs, where either or both T and T argued and ranted to influence a change to a call that they absolutely knew was correct. Their corner antics dont take a back seat to any peer. Great coaches, but come on....
I've seen them both at the YMCA's and they are much different, Manning acts like a injured soccer player!

Last edited:
C'mon, really? Eirman was always a saint, right?

No different. I've watched reviews at MCAAs, where either or both T and T argued and ranted to influence a change to a call that they absolutely knew was correct. Their corner antics dont take a back seat to any peer. Great coaches, but come on....

OK, Dad! He beat your kid, deal with it. Love to see the video.
Why don't you spew this crap over at BWI, or, if there is such a thing, Big Red Bufoons, or whatever they call a Nebraska board. You'll probably get more love and commiseration at either of those.

Wow, sounds like you've got a bit of sexual issue?
Possible. However, I was told that by an NE grad (who would actually admit it) some 40 years ago. Always gave me a chuckle driving by Lincoln now and then on I-80 since then.

Some 20 years ago the U built a 10 story classroom building and laid claim to being an "institution of higher learning".

Reactions: Gobblin and JBJRFL
Lee by Pin - not much else to say here, Cronin isn't even close. And Lee is on a mission.

Schriever by DEC/Teske by MDec. Schriever struggles to finish big time against a lot of people (i'm guessing the elbow injury is a factor, but it's always been an issue against quality comp.). I would like to see Teske here, need to keep knocking the rust off and get into form.

Woods by DEC - tough match here, but I haven't seen Hardy wrestle much. Woods seems to be faster than everybody else in the weight on his feet, and amazing on the mat. My guess is a counter TD and RT, possible NF being the difference.

Murin by MDec or TF, looking at some of his opponents results this year, Murin should run through him.

Robb by Dec. - Siebrecht is scrappy as hell and I think will give Robb a surprisingly tough match. Transitive property in wrestling and all that.. but Robb beat Chumley from NW 2-0, Siebrecht 7-3 with some slick slide bys and tough wrestling. He's certainly wrestling with belief in himself and it shows on the mat. Confidence makes all the difference between wrestling to beat good guys and wrestling to keep it close and maybe sneak one out if you're lucky.

Kennedy by Dec. - Bubba can be scrappy at times, and has good length. I remember him upsetting Amine last year. Still Kennedy shouldn't be in any danger here, and could get into bonus territory depending on the flow of the match.

Labriola by Dec. - Brands is good at losing close decisions to AA type guys. Good at slowing down the action and drawing guys into the handfight. Probably a 3-1 or 5-2ish type match.

Assad by Dec. - Somewhat talented fresh for Nebraska, Assads experience should win out here.

Warner by Dec. - Would like to see Warner get back to what makes him good in March, dominating on top, Stingy in neutral, and throw a cross body tilt in there for good measure. This guy isn't in Warner's league, but he tends to let lesser dudes hang around. He's best in neutral with controlling the ties in underhook or counter offense on their shot, lets see some of that. Not expecting him to re-write the playbook as a SR.

Cass by Pin - Not much else to expect other than a Cass Whoopin'.

Last edited:
LOL at the squawkaholics whining about dirty wrestling. They have short memories. Also they hate Manning because he outshines the Oompa Loompas on the world stage.

• Haha
Reactions: TNTwrestle
LOL at the squawkaholics whining about dirty wrestling. They have short memories. Also they hate Manning because he outshines the Oompa Loompas on the world stage.
Ask 100 Russian and Iranian wrestling fansif they’ve heard of Manning then do the same with the Brands. Outshines on the world stage….that’s a special kind of stupid even for you.

Are you crediting Jordan Burroughs' international success to Manning?

Reactions: bnicolls
Lee by Pin - not much else to say here, Cronin isn't even close. And Lee is on a mission.

Schriever by DEC/Teske by MDec. Schriever struggles to finish big time against a lot of people (i'm guessing the elbow injury is a factor, but it's always been an issue against quality comp.). I would like to see Teske here, need to keep knocking the rust off and get into form.

Woods by DEC - tough match here, but I haven't seen Hardy wrestle much. Woods seems to be faster than everybody else in the weight on his feet, and amazing on the mat. My guess is a counter TD and RT, possible NF being the difference.

Murin by MDec or TF, looking at some of his opponents results this year, Murin should run through him.

Robb by Dec. - Siebrecht is scrappy as hell and I think will give Robb a surprisingly tough match. Transitive property in wrestling and all that.. but Robb beat Chumley from NW 2-0, Siebrecht 7-3 with some slick slide bys and tough wrestling. He's certainly wrestling with belief in himself and it shows on the mat. Confidence makes all the difference between wrestling to beat good guys and wrestling to keep it close and maybe sneak one out if you're lucky.

Kennedy by Dec. - Bubba can be scrappy at times, and has good length. I remember him upsetting Amine last year. Still Kennedy shouldn't be in any danger here, and could get into bonus territory depending on the flow of the match.

Labriola by Dec. - Brands is good at losing close decisions to AA type guys. Good at slowing down the action and drawing guys into the handfight. Probably a 3-1 or 5-2ish type match.

Assad by Dec. - Somewhat talented fresh for Nebraska, Assads experience should win out here.

Warner by Dec. - Would like to see Warner get back to what makes him good in March, dominating on top, Stingy in neutral, and throw a cross body tilt in there for good measure. This guy isn't in Warner's league, but he tends to let lesser dudes hang around. He's best in neutral with controlling the ties in underhook or counter offense on their shot, lets see some of that. Not expecting him to re-write the playbook as a SR.

Cass by Pin - Not much else to expect other than a Cass Whoopin'.
Typically a hawkeye would call that stalling if it was an opponent. Cant wait to here why it was tactical, and not stalling.

Typically a hawkeye would call that stalling if it was an opponent. Cant wait to here why it was tactical, and not stalling.
Never claimed Nelson was an offensive dynamo. It is match tactics. Hate them when used against us, good for us when Hawks who are outmatched use them. Pretty much the same as any fanbase. Any other brainbusters for us, Hank? My predictions were pretty much spot on, resulting in a Nebraska ass kicking, as is tradition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT