ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska's woke logo

Nobraska donors should just tell the University and the rest of the world to STFU.
Texas did it when the woke babies were demanding the Eyes of Texas song be band.
Stand up people! There are WAY more of us than those pussies crying crying about a symbol that means "okay" and has for centuries.
This woke culture is just stupid.
Get over it already.

Nobraska donors should just tell the University and the rest of the world to STFU.
Texas did it when the woke babies were demanding the Eyes of Texas song be band.
Stand up people! There are WAY more of us than those pussies crying crying about a symbol that means "okay" and has for centuries.
Get over it already.
Really nice WOB.

It seems that there is a concerted effort on Hawkeye Report for certain political folks, who are aggrieved by their own place in society or their own failures, to make this board about anything but football. Take this loser grievance crap off of here please. If you want to be concerned about civilization and your place in it based on a sports mascot go to redstate or basically any 70 year olds’ Facebook page. SMH lol

It seems that there is a concerted effort on Hawkeye Report for certain political folks, who are aggrieved by their own place in society or their own failures, to make this board about anything but football. Take this loser grievance crap off of here please. If you want to be concerned about civilization and your place in it based on a sports mascot go to redstate or basically any 70 year olds’ Facebook page. SMH lol

Showing the aggrieved people how pathetic they are by……….being aggrieved.

Not sure if serious.

Reactions: Chuck C
I agree- I don’t know what this post has to do with hawkeye football 🤷🏻‍♂️. I wouldn’t have even known anything changed if this thread hadn’t brought it up. It’s a non-issue to me

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Some of the stupid things people find to complain about. What else about Herbie will someone find, he is too fat?
But why do people bother to make a mountain out of a mole-hill either way? So what if they changed it? It's not something culturally engrained into the folks living into Husker nation.

It took a "news" service politicizing it to get a rise out of anybody.

Or..just start a thread about it here and we can talk about it.

Big fu*king deal……….

And you think that Husker fans actually give a shit about what the Herbie is doing with his hand on merch?

Your mode of engaging a discourse seems to indicate that you're inclined towards being an asshole rather than being considerate. Point noted.

Seems like you're wrong.

Seems like you're wrong.
Because people like to blow nothing out of proportion these days. Who. cares.

FKSs36xX0AY71U_

Get over it already.
Getting triggered over a minor logo change makes you a snowflake.

And you think that Husker fans actually give a shit about what the Herbie is doing with his hand on merch?

Your mode of engaging a discourse seems to indicate that you're inclined towards being an asshole rather than being considerate. Point noted.
You probably side with the UCLA Gymnastics team for harassing a white teammate for using the “N” word while singing lyrics to a song.

Why again is ok for blacks to use “N” word every other word but if anyone else uses it it racist/attack them/arrested for racism?

How/why is this tolerated and accepted? It’s a total crock of shit and total bullshit.

Prove me wrong and tell me why a word so “offensive” this behavior is ok for them to Harrass and force her to leave team.

If In a song, if used by blacks as a term of endearment why can no other race use?

Let the racist attack me now and never answer.

If blacks use it everyone should be able to use it.

If it’s that offensive how about no one use it.

Should those same black players be able to sing along to Travis Scott Sicko world (biggest song in the world for about 8 months) when the lyrics played in radio said: “These CRACKERS wanna see me in a noose”

why is that ok?

Reactions: HawkInArk
I could care less about Debbies Mascot, however, if you let woke people remove or force change with this, where do they stop? They don't stop.....Ever!!!.....When you let intolerant people have their way no matter how small or insignificant it might seem, you eventually get things like statues of Abe Lincoln being removed because some intolerant ignorant ass says it is racist. As the new saying should go, you give an inch and a woke person will take the whole mile, and then some, and some more after that.

Last edited:
Only on HR! You guys make me soooo proud! All of you- “I’m offended that someone is offended!”
You just can’t make this up.
And did we really need another Nebraska thread?

Here is a novel idea, if you don't like a mascot, or it offends you, then don't watch that schools games, or turn the channel when the mascot appears, but for some reason we have decided that a couple offended people's feelings are more important then the vast majorities, and are enough to dismantle everything they are offended by. My opinion, tell them to STFU and send them home with a black eye, maybe they'll stop whining about the petty shit then. LOL

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
If I was in Nebraska's administration, I would want to get out ahead of those who use the "OK" symbol as a "white power" symbol before they may try to co-opt a Nebraska mascot as part of their efforts. I have no idea if there were reports of any group doing this and I'm not going to research it but is it really "outrageous" for someone to look at the reality of the current situation and get out ahead of a potential issue? I don't know the history of this mascot or whether the "OK" hand gesture has historical significance; perhaps it does. If not, I'm stunned at the number of posters on an Iowa football message board that have passionately reacted to an administrative decision.

And . . . just out of curiosity and for consistency's sake . . . is it "woke" to work to remove and ban books in libraries?

Here is a novel idea, if you don't like a mascot, or it offends you, then don't watch that schools games, or turn the channel when the mascot appears, but for some reason we have decided that a couple offended people's feelings are more important then the vast majorities, and are enough to dismantle everything they are offended by. My opinion, tell them to STFU and send them home with a black eye, maybe they'll stop whining about the petty shit then. LOL

From the story that I read, Nebraska's athletic department was contacted by their licensed apparel manufacturer. The apparel company pointed out that the "OK" symbol had been used by certain groups to symbolize "white power." The AD then decided to make the change so a university related symbol couldn't be co-opted by those groups.

I don't see where a single person claimed to be offended or demanded that the university change the symbol because it promoted racism.

From all outward appearances, it was a proactive decision, not a reactive decision.

Why use the term "woke?"

Being careful about use of symbolism seems a lot more like an attempt to be considerate ... as opposed to being an asshole. Pretty simple actually

I guess I could have said butt hurt liberal pussies, but I thought that would offend someone. Find a safeplace.

It looks to me like the old one is saying "We will get zero wins this year". The new one is saying they will get 1 win.

You probably side with the UCLA Gymnastics team for harassing a white teammate for using the “N” word while singing lyrics to a song.

Why again is ok for blacks to use “N” word every other word but if anyone else uses it it racist/attack them/arrested for racism?

How/why is this tolerated and accepted? It’s a total crock of shit and total bullshit.

Prove me wrong and tell me why a word so “offensive” this behavior is ok for them to Harrass and force her to leave team.

If In a song, if used by blacks as a term of endearment why can no other race use?

Let the racist attack me now and never answer.

If blacks use it everyone should be able to use it.

If it’s that offensive how about no one use it.

Should those same black players be able to sing along to Travis Scott Sicko world (biggest song in the world for about 8 months) when the lyrics played in radio said: “These CRACKERS wanna see me in a noose”

why is that ok?
Lol at this guy. You left out BET. You should be very outraged about that.

Reactions: LeroyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT