ADVERTISEMENT

BLM Leader: Chiefs’ Super Bowl Win Symbolizes ‘White Supremacy’

Sharky1203

HR All-American
Silver Member
Sep 14, 2023
Aprofessor at Cal State University known for her involvement in Black Lives Matter criticized the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl victory and Taylor Swift fandom as examples of “white supremacy.”

Melina Abdullah, who teaches Pan-African Studies and co-founded the LA BLM chapter, posted on social media that the Super Bowl result was a “right-wing, white supremacist conspiracy.”

She said feeling uncomfortable with too many American flags or being a Taylor Swift fan stems from similar “feelings.”

“Why do I feel like it’s slightly racist to be a Taylor Swift fan?” Abdullah wrote on X.

“Kind of like that feeling I get when there are too many American flags,” she wrote.

“Folks think they’re attacking me by asking why I think everything is racist…I’m not offended. Virtually everything is racist,” she wrote separately.

Abdullah is no stranger to controversy, having tweeted that white people shouldn’t ask to attend “Juneteenth cookouts” as it should be a “reparations day.”

Her father was a union organizer and grandfather opposed the Nazi regime.

Abdullah changed her surname after marriage but kept it following divorce.

She describes herself as a Black Lives Matter organizer and believes “virtually everything is racist.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...S&cvid=5537a047191a487a8050a927a0ecc236&ei=59

I Love You Football GIF by SportsManias

Aprofessor at Cal State University known for her involvement in Black Lives Matter criticized the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl victory and Taylor Swift fandom as examples of “white supremacy.”

Melina Abdullah, who teaches Pan-African Studies and co-founded the LA BLM chapter, posted on social media that the Super Bowl result was a “right-wing, white supremacist conspiracy.”

She said feeling uncomfortable with too many American flags or being a Taylor Swift fan stems from similar “feelings.”

“Why do I feel like it’s slightly racist to be a Taylor Swift fan?” Abdullah wrote on X.

“Kind of like that feeling I get when there are too many American flags,” she wrote.

“Folks think they’re attacking me by asking why I think everything is racist…I’m not offended. Virtually everything is racist,” she wrote separately.

Abdullah is no stranger to controversy, having tweeted that white people shouldn’t ask to attend “Juneteenth cookouts” as it should be a “reparations day.”

She describes herself as a Black Lives Matter organizer and believes “virtually everything is racist.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...S&cvid=5537a047191a487a8050a927a0ecc236&ei=59
The 49ers are about the whitest team out there. The best player in the league is black and without him, there would be no Lombardi trophy for the chiefs this year.

The 49ers are about the whitest team out there. The best player in the league is black and without him, there would be no Lombardi trophy for the chiefs this year.
Don't think that's what she was talking about.

Sounds like a her problem, and she sounds like a miserable human being.

This is what I was thinking. Pat Mahomes is at least partially black. Brock Purdy is very very white.

How is a black quarterback winning the SB some sort of victory for white supremacy?

I see someone let crazy out of the looney bin...

Reactions: Sharky1203
grandfather opposed the Nazi regime.
That pretty much makes her...American...

It's written as if somehow her grandfather was unique and she comes from a long line of activist heros. Now don't read me wrong, we should celebrate her grandfather's service...I'm pointing out the way the article juxtaposes it with her "activism."

That pretty much makes her...American...

It's written as if somehow her grandfather was unique and she comes from a long line of activist heros. Now don't read me wrong, we should celebrate her grandfather's service...I'm pointing out the way the article juxtaposes it with her "activism."
Great point. Don't think my grandfather was a fan of them either when he was on the beach of Normandy during D-Day.

Reactions: goldmom
Yep, Chris Jones was a beast in the SB. I hope the Chiefs sign him!

Maybe she shouldn’t be culturally appropriating Arabic/Islamic names. Most Afro-Americans (not immigrants) originate from West Africa, not Egypt or the Islamic world.

Now THAT'S What I Call Scholarship! Vol. 1619

Taylor Swift, apparently.

I love that she doesn't even explain why it's racist. Nope, just racist. Also, Taylor Swift.

To be fair, Taylor Swift is a very, very, very pale person. The epitome of whiteness, she couldn't be more white unless she was an albino. So clearly racist.

I amuse myself occasionally by referring to Ms. Swift as "Tyler" in front of my wife, DIL and grandkids because it drives them completely bonkers. The little ones scream at me "It's Taylor, Papa!" and I just shake my head yes and mutter "That's what I said, Tyler Swift". Needless to say, I'm easily amused.

Did she get a free house?

• Love
She must not care that Swift leans Democrat and could influence voters.

Yes because I remember her leading the Chiefs on that big drive at the end and all the pundits where wondering if Taylor Swift was the greatest quarterback of all time.
Well let's be honest here. The only reason the Chiefs were allowed to win is so that Taylor Swift can help get Joe Biden re-elected. So it didn't really matter who was quarterback. I think there's a few people on here that would support this claim.

Imagine describing yourself as a "Black Lives Matter organizer."

But in 2024.

I didn't see "colonizer" or "decolonization" in there. Probably didn't read deeply/well-enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT