ADVERTISEMENT

Nestor

Last nite's time of possession...Iowa, <20 minutes.

I can imagine there's a locker room problem with the defensive guys really pissed off at the offense.

Of course, the Iowa HC will never say it in public.
Iowa is just fortunate the schedule is so incredibly weak.
KF can get his contract bonus for that exciting bowl trip to the Pinstripe Bowl.

The defense was on the field for long, long time because they couldn't force any punts. Iowa offense 1st half was horrid, that is true.
Defense doesn't have an excuse for 2nd half.

The talent level is down on defense. The lack of NIL money is a real problem. Other teams can go out and buy a player for a position like CB where the cupboard is bare.

Reactions: DewHawk
The defense was on the field for long, long time because they couldn't force any punts. Iowa offense 1st half was horrid, that is true.
Defense doesn't have an excuse for 2nd half.

The talent level is down on defense. The lack of NIL money is a real problem. Other teams can go out and buy a player for a position like CB where the cupboard is bare.
Agree.

But a performance like last nite doesn't help the momentum of NIL contributions.

Iowa needs a massive injection of excitement and hope in the football program.

Not happening with the current staff.

I'd rather rip the band-aide off and deal with the growing pains and play Nestor over Lee. Nestor is going to be good. He's a true freshman. He'll look different next year, and he already looks just as good as Lee.
Screw that. We lost a game for the sake of development? And yes, I think there's at least a 50% chance win that game if the coaches just swallow their pride and go back to Hall or Lee. Every time MSU needed a conversion they went at Nestor. And they got it. He had no business being on the field last night.

Don’t forget Joe Evans and Logan Lee, while not “great” players they certainly would be making a difference this year. This team misses CDJ the most as he locked down half the field and let the safeties help the other side, then Lee was a good run stopper from the tackle and Evans was easily our best pass rusher and had enough short area speed to catch up to a scrambling QB.

Great point! Both are on NFL rosters I believe - shame on me. Our D line play is very mediocre. And those are 3 guys that are tough to replace.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Iowa seems to have missed on DL recruits the last few years

Graves was highly recruited and showed some flashes as a freshman….didnt he project as a DE?

That’s what has really been missing is a disruptive player on the edge

Good DL makes your secondary even better

I did see the “raider” package last night. First I’ve seen it in a while

Iowa seems to have missed on DL recruits the last few years

Graves was highly recruited and showed some flashes as a freshman….didnt he project as a DE?

That’s what has really been missing is a disruptive player on the edge

Good DL makes your secondary even better

I did see the “raider” package last night. First I’ve seen it in a while

We have regressed for sure. Really limited on the EDGE - Allen shows some promise but is raw. Craig his pretty good. Llewelyn not bad.

But no where near the depth and no one like LVN.

Had to laugh when Schulte got up celebrating his tackle… after a 7-yard gain. Sadly, that tackle was the highlight of Schulte’s night.

Dropping that interception that was thrown right to him and could have been a pick-6 was probably the most pivotal screw-up for Iowa the entire game. Literally could have been a 10-point swing and easily could have changed the outcome of the game.

Yeah, not a good night for Quinn — or for anyone on the defense, for that matter. Horrific, actually.
Agree, the tackling and coverage were garbage.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Screw that. We lost a game for the sake of development? And yes, I think there's at least a 50% chance win that game if the coaches just swallow their pride and go back to Hall or Lee. Every time MSU needed a conversion they went at Nestor. And they got it. He had no business being on the field last night.
1. We lost a game because Lee (who Nestor replaced) was dominated much of the the 1st quarter.
2. We lost a game because our offense was non existent the entire 1st half.
3. We lost a game because we couldn't tackle.

Nestor, while he did play a role, he played a small role in why we lost this game.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
1. We lost a game because Lee (who Nestor replaced) was dominated much of the the 1st quarter.
2. We lost a game because our offense was non existent the entire 1st half.
3. We lost a game because we couldn't tackle.

Nestor, while he did play a role, he played a small role in why we lost this game.
You’re unbelievable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT