ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix mini series: All The Light We Cannot See

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
We're 2 (of 4) episodes in... so far most excellent. Based on the novel

Marie-Laure lives in Paris near the Museum of Natural History, where her father works. When she is twelve, the Nazis occupy Paris and father and daughter flee to the walled citadel of Saint-Malo, where Marie-Laure’s reclusive great uncle lives in a tall house by the sea. With them they carry what might be the museum’s most valuable and dangerous jewel.

In a mining town in Germany, Werner Pfennig, an orphan, grows up with his younger sister, enchanted by a crude radio they find that brings them news and stories from places they have never seen or imagined. Werner becomes an expert at building and fixing these crucial new instruments and is enlisted to use his talent to track down the resistance. Deftly interweaving the lives of Marie-Laure and Werner, Doerr illuminates the ways, against all odds, people try to be good to one another.

From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, the stunningly beautiful instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.

I read the book and loved it. Was nervous about the show, but will definitely watch it now.

Reactions: NoleATL
1 episode in. Acting is a little off. The SS officer acts like he's a comic book villain. Doesn't feel real.

I know for certain types of people, it’s hard for them to see the true villainous nature of NAZIs.

Your low quality troll attempt aside, I've watched so many WW2 films that I've lost track, many of them foreign language films.

There's a way to accurately portray the evil of the SS without turning a character into a comic book villain.

• Haha
Reactions: noleclone2
1 episode in. Acting is a little off. The SS officer acts like he's a comic book villain. Doesn't feel real.
I enjoyed the book, but it didn’t have the most complex characters.

Honestly I was surprised it won the Pulitzer after novels like Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and The Orphan Master’s Son set such a high bar.

I shut it off about halfway through the first episode. I’ll try again it just didn’t catch me on the first attempt.

Your low quality troll attempt aside, I've watched so many WW2 films that I've lost track, many of them foreign language films.
Is a German film still considered a foreign language film, if you’re a Nazi sympathizer in the U.S.? Honestly asking, not sure how that works.

Is a German film still considered a foreign language film, if you’re a Nazi sympathizer in the U.S.? Honestly asking, not sure how that works.

You should pose this question to some members of your very own democrat party. They have the antisemitism down.

Reactions: TylerJ23

There's a way to accurately portray the evil of the SS without turning a character into a comic book villain.
Well, there is nobody on this board as qualified as you to recognize low quality trolling.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT