ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix specials on 1980s toys and movies

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
Netflix has released some pretty cool episodes on how toys from the 80s were developed. I watched the He-man episode over the weekend. That brings back memories.

I also learned that there was a toy called Big Jim back in the 70s

Reactions: JupiterHawk
big jim had a camper. his was brown and tan colored. an orange and pink one was made for Barbie, looked the same. except the colors. csb

The Star Wars one is great as well. Those are the first toys I remember. Star Wars figures and match box cars were my favorite.

also had this bad boy

d426e143591c525382309a5af4638335.jpg

Reactions: HawkAttackDial911
I watched The Movies That Made Us about Home Alone, Ghostbusters and Die Hard. They were pretty good but I haven't watched any of the toy ones yet. I hope they make more of the ones about movies.

The Star Wars one is great as well. Those are the first toys I remember. Star Wars figures and match box cars were my favorite.

also had this bad boy

d426e143591c525382309a5af4638335.jpg
I actually go to flea markets and toy shows and am a big collector of 70's stuff. never seen this . or if i have seen it it's not computing with me.but lately I guess 80's stuff is in vogue according to dealers. so I guess I need to research this stuff. I had a dealer at a flea the other day tell me 80's albums are selling now like paula Abdul and Michael Jackson. well, Michael Jackson might be a no brainer.

lately I have noticed the legos, the star wars stuff, and the smaller 80's GI joe stuff is selling

I watched the one on TMNT and I realized that the whole franchise is pretty much a sham. Only built to sell toys and the stories came second. When I watched it I realized I was brainwashed to love the turtles so my parents buy them for me. Pretty wild

Reactions: JupiterHawk
This is the second season of the 'Toys that made us'...great series.

I watched the one on TMNT and I realized that the whole franchise is pretty much a sham. Only built to sell toys and the stories came second. When I watched it I realized I was brainwashed to love the turtles so my parents buy them for me. Pretty wild

Yep, came about to sell stuff but the original animated series started in 1987 with that catchy theme song is pretty good by children's cartoon standards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT