ADVERTISEMENT

New commit!

I would hope he committed for a plethora of reasons that he'd been considering for years.

If Smith honestly committed based upon Iowa's performance vs Illinois St, I honestly don't want him
With our ineptitude on offense, why would a skill payer want to play here? How can you blame him to wait and see what the differences would be with a new OC? For players who actually want to play football for a living, they want to go somewhere where they personally can be successful. Wins from defensive touchdowns and don't mean anything to a WR who wants to make plays and score TDs. Your stupid logic won't work with players.

It's like you set out to 1-up your own ignorance every day.

Ah, you and Insane are the same people perhaps? Was that the one?
Lol! Sure bro, because I agree with a fan who doesn’t hate KF, we are one and the same.
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
With our ineptitude on offense, why would a skill payer want to play here? How can you blame him to wait and see what the differences would be with a new OC? For players who actually want to play football for a living, they want to go somewhere where they personally can be successful. Wins from defensive touchdowns and don't mean anything to a WR who wants to make plays and score TDs. Your stupid logic won't work with players.

It's like you set out to 1-up your own ignorance every day.
It would seem Smith was already quite serious about Iowa.

One half of offense vs Illinois St is not what people determine their futures upon

Lol! Sure bro, because I agree with a fan who doesn’t hate KF, we are one and the same.
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE
It's mostly because you're both equally stupid and outlandish. We've already known collectively that you've been a moron for a long while and seemingly proud of it but Eyes becoming one is a more recent development. I don't know, just a guess.

My bad Insane, it was Frosty I was thinking of.

Frosty and Eyes are one in the same. Two smug pieces of shit that everyone except Insane disagrees with.

You're still a moron of course but you knew that already.

My bad Insane, it was Frosty I was thinking of.

Frosty and Eyes are one in the same. Two smug pieces of shit that everyone except Insane disagrees with.

You're still a moron of course but you knew that already.
If the stuff you guys posted wasn't so offensive, I wouldn't react with such an attitude.

But I'm sorry, it's honestly sad what so many sports fans have become

If the stuff you guys posted wasn't so offensive, I wouldn't react with such an attitude.

If you're offended, you should probably stay off the free board. You aren't the arbiter of truth so stop acting like it. From what I gather, most already have you on ignore. All you're doing is pushing the last few towards that.

But this response does make me think you aren't Frosty. He would never back down without aggressiveness so I appreciate that and I apologize for being accusatory.

Getting a guy like this is huge. He's under the radar of the blue bloods but still a very good recruit. We're not rescuing a guy from the MAC. He was going to play in the B1G or at ISU. So P4 football.

I think he was an Iowa lean but he needed assurance the offense wasn't going to be awful. His choices were Iowa,ISU,Minnesota and Purdue. Iowa and Purdue are less then 3 hours. ISU and Minnesota are 5 and 6 respectively. Purdue is more WR friendly historicaly. Iowa has won more during his lifetime. Probably came down to Iowa and Purdue. A game at Iowa is waaaaay more impressive then a game at Purdue.

If Iowa just showed they could muster a little offense success he was going to Iowa. But like it or not yesterday was important to that.

If you're offended, you should probably stay off the free board. You aren't the arbiter of truth so stop acting like it. From what I gather, most already have you on ignore. All you're doing is pushing the last few towards that.
If KF was putting you through something so painful, you should have left it

If KF was putting you through something so painful, you should have left it
How? Iowa is my team. I can't leave it. Has been for the last 38 years (I'm 42). See, that's the thing about certain posters. They don't question the leadership. I do when it's gone awry and am not bashful about it because it's our team and our university. KF has made many errors and also done some great things but he isn't immune to criticism. Iowa football is the reason I went to school here. It's my alma mater, not his. I was raised on Iowa football from birth and he just works here.

In my opinion, since I can't leave it, I voice it on here to commiserate.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
How? Iowa is my team. I can't leave it. Has been for the last 38 years (I'm 42). See, that's the thing about certain posters. They don't question the leadership. I do when it's gone awry and am not bashful about it because it's our team and our university. KF has made many errors and also done some great things but he isn't immune to criticism. Iowa football is the reason I went to school here. It's my alma mater, not his. I was raised on Iowa football from birth and he just works here.

Leadership gone awry? You are aware Iowa is basically the most successful non-blue blood program in the country over the last 8 years, correct?

Its leader deserves nothing but your praise. Simply a blessing to the state

How about no one care what you think about other peoples opinions about a sports team? Stay on topic

You are deranged with that line of thought...
"I knew at the age of four I was an Iowa football fan."
If you had any clue about leadership in any field you would learn to accept highs and lows, good and average to below personnel, wins and losses etc. Very seldom does the curve stay high or low and one sector of any business can be a challenge or need sold/changed to stay competitive.
Your team? What a stupid comment unless you were a player at one time. Even Bob Stoops has stayed supportive of Kirk and remained an Iowa supporter/apologist.
Kirk is more vested in the University than you will ever be idiot. "He just works there", is the dumbest comment I have ever seen. How many of his kids went to school there and how much money have the Ferentz's donated? As the head coach of Iowa football and about to become the conferences winningest coach, you somehow claim because you spent four years in school and grew up an Iowa fan you have an entitled opinion because, "he just works here".

You are deranged with that line of thought...
"I knew at the age of four I was an Iowa football fan."
If you had any clue about leadership in any field you would learn to accept highs and lows, good and average to below personnel, wins and losses etc. Very seldom does the curve stay high or low and one sector of any business can be a challenge or need sold/changed to stay competitive.
Your team? What a stupid comment unless you were a player at one time. Even Bob Stoops has stayed supportive of Kirk and remained an Iowa supporter/apologist.
Kirk is more vested in the University than you will ever be idiot. "He just works there", is the dumbest comment I have ever seen. How many of his kids went to school there and how much money have the Ferentz's donated? As the head coach of Iowa football and about to become the conferences winningest coach, you somehow claim because you spent four years in school and grew up an Iowa fan you have an entitled opinion because, "he just works here".
Absolutely

Think this is a result of RVZ’s performance as a true frosh combined with MN’s lackluster showing on Thurs
Agree.
And I don't think it's a coincidence that the starting QB was in the game in the 4th quarter and there seemed to be a conscious effort to promote the passing game.

• Haha
Reactions: eyesofhawk
I would hope he committed for a plethora of reasons that he'd been considering for years.

If Smith honestly committed based upon Iowa's performance vs Illinois St, I honestly don't want him
The win might have been the straw the camel's back for Iowa, but Bud has been loading straw on this particular camel for a while. You would probably have an unreliable kid if he really did commit after merely seeing one game.

Reactions: Madman_1

WE dont want you based on what you just said.

Since Minnesota was in the mix this really stood out from Iowa Rivals story:

"I feel like a priority," he said. "I didn't feel pressured to make my decision. I was just there for a good time, to meet the coaches and get everything I was looking for. It helped me go about the week in a good state of mind."

Since Minnesota was in the mix this really stood out from Iowa Rivals story:

"I feel like a priority," he said. "I didn't feel pressured to make my decision. I was just there for a good time, to meet the coaches and get everything I was looking for. It helped me go about the week in a good state of mind."
Good point.
Fleck has a reputation of pressuring kids to commit and that probably explains how the Gophers continually lead the B1G in decommits most years.
Or...Smith simply saw through Phillip's bullshit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT