ADVERTISEMENT

New Mexico Governor Bans the 2A

You were making valid points until you brought up Alaska. If you have a town of 2 people and 1 guy shoots the other guy you realisticly can't touch that number with a town of 100 people.

Again you guys have to bring half truths to discussion about guns.

They certainly are not isolated to major metro, but they are much more regular in those environments.
Per capita is per capita. Sure, there are outliers. Now, about the shithole cities. More deaths in New York state and Cali numerically, less per capita than Iowa.
Your non truth is that more guns equals more safety.

What do you know about numerators and denominators as we discuss per capita and ****ing new york being in a per capita bottom.

Read what I wrote about Alaska.

Lol. You claim that per capita numbers are misleading, then turn around and claim that most shootings happen in large cities. Uh, yeah, no shit - that’s where all the people live.

There is nothing misleading about comparing per capita numbers between states, you just don’t like what they are telling you.

People in history who say taking away firearms is necessary for the safety of their citizenry:

Stalin
Castro
Chavez
Mao
Hawknester, sockeye, etc

This time it will be (D)ifferent though! Great company you lefties are keeping btw. Sure that's just a complete coincidence that yall see the world the same way.
Trump rallies

Per capita is per capita. Sure, there are outliers. Now, about the shithole cities. More deaths in New York state and Cali numerically, less per capita than Iowa.
Your non truth is that more guns equals more safety.
Where did I say that? I very clearly said I believe in knowledge. (Read education)

Lol. You claim that per capita numbers are misleading, then turn around and claim that most shootings happen in large cities. Uh, yeah, no shit - that’s where all the people live.

There is nothing misleading about comparing per capita numbers between states, you just don’t like what they are telling you.
I get it dude, you are affraid of a tool. It's easier for you to say no one should have it and give up everyone's rights than to actually look at who shoots and kills.

El oh El.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
I think the real issues are that not everyone should have guns and that all guns should not be available to citizenry.
I think you are 99.9999% correct, billinole. For folks who want an “assault/automatic type weapon” they should join the military branch of their choice. And then, of course, not all folks are cut out to be in today’s military.
But the current gun laws we have in place as a state and nation are absolutely nutz! Rights? It so much....

I get it dude, you are affraid of a tool. It's easier for you to say no one should have it and give up everyone's rights than to actually look at who shoots and kills.

El oh El.
Lmfao. “It’s just a tool!!!!!!”

Yes, a tool whose sole purpose is killing or seriously injuring animals and humans. If guns had any other purpose, you might have a point. They don’t, and you don’t.

There is quite literally no reason for anyone to own an AR-15 or 30-round mags other than “I think they are cool and fun to shoot.” No one wants to get rid of all guns, just the ones whose only use in modern society appears to be gunning down as many innocent people as quickly as possible.

Doubt you’ll get a good answer on that. It’s also almost 1pm so Scruddy probably has a new right wing documentary to watch about Hunter Biden and the Joe Biden crime family. They’ve almost got him, just waiting for the last piece of evidence to fall.
All crickets so far. Secret Service bans them. The Iowa State Fair. Carver. Basically all of sports. Concerts. Congress. Airports. Why are all of these places stomping on our freedumbs?

In one of the most ridiculous power grabs in US history, the governor of New Mexico has claimed that you no longer have the right to keep or bear arms in certain areas due to a "crisis of health" bc of gun violence in direct contradiction to state law. The left is out of control and this governor must be held to account for this blatantly unconstitutional attempt to restrict the legal rights of the states citizens. I do not think there is a single good example of what followed the government disarming its citizenry. Do the leftist extremists that lurk constantly on this forum view this as a good thing? If so I am starting to believe that some type of civil war may be inevitable after all..
There you go, the real party of fascists.

Reactions: Scruddy
Almost every city in America is a Dem city, genius 😂 . Recent major mass shootings have been in Texas, Florida, Alabama, and Virginia…hmmmm. Oh, the irony of you insulting ANYONE’S intelligence.
Did you leave out your town, Cedar Rapids for a reason. And tell please who did the shooting? Some MAGA I'm betting. Oh, what's that? Not even close? Loser....

A little context for you, as it’s not a blanket ban, and is temporary.

for the record, I appreciate the motivation here, wish we didn’t hold guns as sacrosanct, but overall think this is the wrong approach to it.
There's no proper context on this one. A Governor can't suspend a Constitutional right that's been incorporated to the states. "Shall not be infringed".

Reactions: Scruddy
There's no proper context on this one. A Governor can't suspend a Constitutional right that's been incorporated to the states. "Shall not be infringed".

That was in reference to OP trying to paint this as a blanket ban. It’s not. It’s temporary and has exceptions in it.

Not saying I agree with it, just that OPs characterization of it is not accurate.

That was in reference to OP trying to paint this as a blanket ban. It’s not. It’s temporary and has exceptions in it.

Not saying I agree with it, just that OPs characterization of it is not accurate.
Nah, the characterization was absolutely fair and this whack job governor needs to be removed.

I think you are 99.9999% correct, billinole. For folks who want an “assault/automatic type weapon” they should join the military branch of their choice. And then, of course, not all folks are cut out to be in today’s military.
But the current gun laws we have in place as a state and nation are absolutely nutz! Rights? It so much....
If someone wants an automatic weapon they will have to get a special ATF license, which last time I checked, goes for about $1500, and a more expansive background check. Or, as you said, they can join the military. Even then, unless they are in a combat zone, they will have restricted access.

Reactions: littlez

In one of the most ridiculous power grabs in US history, the governor of New Mexico has claimed that you no longer have the right to keep or bear arms in certain areas due to a "crisis of health" bc of gun violence in direct contradiction to state law. The left is out of control and this governor must be held to account for this blatantly unconstitutional attempt to restrict the legal rights of the states citizens. I do not think there is a single good example of what followed the government disarming its citizenry. Do the leftist extremists that lurk constantly on this forum view this as a good thing? If so I am starting to believe that some type of civil war may be inevitable after all..

What are you even talking about? My original post never stated anything like that even. Reading comprehension?

Here’s the OP. Zero attempts to add context to what she’s actually did. Which again, I don’t agree with.

If someone wants an automatic weapon they will have to get a special ATF license, which last time I checked, goes for about $1500, and a more expansive background check. Or, as you said, they can join the military. Even then, unless they are in a combat zone, they will have restricted access.
The military restricts their access....but we in America let every Tom, Dick and Hairy who can buy one, have one! Phuquin’ brilliant! FREE DUMB!

The military restricts their access....but we in America let every Tom, Dick and Hairy who can buy one, have one! Phuquin’ brilliant! FREE DUMB!
No, every Tom, Dick, and Harry can't get an automatic weapon. I explained that in my post.

Reactions: abby97
She was asked if she thought the criminals would adhere to the ruling and not carry. The problem is you can’t differentiate between a criminal and a “good guy” just by looking and a person with a gun may not be a criminal until he shoots up a mall….what is to be done?
What if the guy shooting up a mall was stopped by a hero with a gun?

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
You are affraid to go out in public due to guns?

Tell me you live in a dem shithole city without telling me you live in a dem shithole city.
Are you afraid to go out in public without a gun?

I’m a Republican(barely these days), I’m pro 2nd amendment, but I really think conceal and carry laws have become ridiculously stupid.

You don’t need to carry your gun into Jimmy John’s.

Blanket excuse? Lol! Just the mention of gun control and rightists jump to the conclusion that it will eventually repeal the 2A. Your false fear is literally killing innocent Americans and it's all based on NRA propaganda.
No, there's not a false fear. Obama actual had massive gun control restrictions posted on the White House website. Joe has made multiple public statements about his plans to get around current laws to impose stricter controls. The ATF currently has a campaign to shut down every FFL over minor paperwork mistakes.

If people want to take away 2A rights they need to amend 2A or abolish it. There are 2 processes for Constitutional amendments. I don't see anti -2A folks setting up a Constitutional Convention.

Oh, the slippery slope isn't 2A; it's extends to any other Constitutional right. How about 4A?

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Are you afraid to go out in public without a gun?

I’m a Republican(barely these days), I’m pro 2nd amendment, but I really think conceal and carry laws have become ridiculously stupid.

You don’t need to carry your gun into Jimmy John’s.
I very rarely carry. If I'm going to be in an enclosed environment with limited exits for an extended period of time I'll carry and that really didn't start until my daughter was born. I went to a high school graduation in MN and had the realization that we were sitting duck's if shit hit the fan and that changed it for me.

This isn't about concelled carry its about people giving up thier rights because of ignorance of a tool.

I've got a gun case full of firearms, I've owned one for damn near 25 years, not once has any of them pulled their own trigger.

No, there's not a false fear. Obama actual had massive gun control restrictions posted on the White House website. Joe has made multiple public statements about his plans to get around current laws to impose stricter controls. The ATF currently has a campaign to shut down every FFL over minor paperwork mistakes.

If people want to take away 2A rights they need to amend 2A or abolish it. There are 2 processes for Constitutional amendments. I don't see anti -2A folks setting up a Constitutional Convention.

Stricter controls does not equal repealing 2nd amendment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT