ADVERTISEMENT

New Mexico Governor Bans the 2A

"You can't attack main land America, there is a rifle behind every blade of grass". Foreign and domestic.
And that is why Guns are the number one killer of children under the age of 18 - higher than even vehicular deaths. At some point we need to curb this, and if this involves more restrictions on guns I am all for it.

I very rarely carry. If I'm going to be in an enclosed environment with limited exits for an extended period of time I'll carry and that really didn't start until my daughter was born. I went to a high school graduation in MN and had the realization that we were sitting duck's if shit hit the fan and that changed it for me.

This isn't about concelled carry its about people giving up thier rights because of ignorance of a tool.

I've got a gun case full of firearms, I've owned one for damn near 25 years, not once has any of them pulled their own trigger.
And not once has the government come to your house to take them away.

And that is why Guns are the number one killer of children under the age of 18 - higher than even vehicular deaths. At some point we need to curb this, and if this involves more restrictions on guns I am all for it.
You know that's a bullshit stat right? Go find that number and I assure you it will be linked back to a study that shows 19 year olds included in the firearm deaths of minors where as it does not include 18 years old car accident numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Blanket excuse? Lol! Just the mention of gun control and rightists jump to the conclusion that it will eventually repeal the 2A. Your false fear is literally killing innocent Americans and it's all based on NRA propaganda.
I had no idea fear and emotions could fire a weapon. One of these days you lefties might get that a gun won't fire itself. I'm not a gun owner, and I don't plan on owning any, I've seen what they can do, I've used them appropriately, I've held one for hours on end... never once would it fire without some action on my part.

You know that's a bullshit stat right? Go find that number and I assure you it will be linked back to a study that shows 19 year olds included in the deaths of minors where as it does not include 18 years old car accident numbers.

Nope ages 1-17, swing and a miss again.

Nope ages 1-17, swing and a miss again.
From your article:

In 2020 and 2021, firearms were involved in more deaths for children and teens (ages 1-19 years) in the United States than any other type of injury or illness.

It all leads back to that study, which they ****ing love to bury. If you scroll to the bottom and open up the cdv link it's inside.

As soon as you make it 1-18 it's auto accidents.

Now, if you want to talk about our suicide problems, I'm all ears.

Please go back and read the 2A. Also read the Heller, McDonald, and Bruen SCOTUS decisions. "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Security in this sense means "safekeeping, defense, and protection." Infringed simply means "to trespass or violate"; in this case, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be violated.

From your article:

In 2020 and 2021, firearms were involved in more deaths for children and teens (ages 1-19 years) in the United States than any other type of injury or illness.

It all leads back to that study, which they ****ing love to bury. If you scroll to the bottom and open up the cdv link it's inside.

As soon as you make it 1-18 it's auto accidents.

Now, if you want to talk about our suicide problems, I'm all ears.
look at figure 1. Came from the CDC. Ages 1-17. Even if we are changing the age to 18, look at the underlying trend line, auto accidents declining or stagnant and gun deaths increasing significantly. You want to say its all mental issues, then how do you solve that problem, with republicans continuing to cut mental health funding sounds like you are on the wrong side of curbing that as well.

Last edited:
look at figure 1 dumbass. Came from the CDC. Ages 1-17.

Yupp.... now go into the cdc link at the bottom "dumbass". They bury it. As soon as you make it 1-18 it's auto accidents. Because they don't compare apples to apples.

Out of curiosity:
Why are you so willing to trust DC? What has any of them every done dem or rep that was 100 best for the people? Why is it so hard for you to fathom an unarmed society having a "trump" come in and thr next thing we know we have the American Stalin?

You want to make thr gun numbers plummet, not the shit that sells on media, make 18-35 year old black males stop shooting each other. That's the ugly truth. Those kids that get killed in schools are a terrible crime but that isn't the meat and potatoes of those guns statistics.

Yupp.... now go into the cdc link at the bottom "dumbass". They bury it. As soon as you make it 1-18 it's auto accidents. Because they don't compare apples to apples.

Out of curiosity:
Why are you so willing to trust DC? What has any of them every done dem or rep that was 100 best for the people? Why is it so hard for you to fathom an unarmed society having a "trump" come in and thr next thing we know we have the American Stalin?

You want to make thr gun numbers plummet, not the shit that sells on media, make 18-35 year old black males stop shooting each other. That's the ugly truth. Those kids that get killed in schools are a terrible crime but that isn't the meat and potatoes of those guns statistics.
Even if we are changing the age to 18, look at the underlying trend line, auto accidents declining or stagnant and gun deaths increasing significantly. You want to say its all mental issues, then how do you solve that problem, with republicans continuing to cut mental health funding sounds like you are on the wrong side of curbing that as well.

I trust the CDC, considering you don't speaks volumes.

Even if we are changing the age to 18, look at the underlying trend line, auto accidents declining or stagnant and gun deaths increasing significantly. You want to say its all mental issues, then how do you solve that problem, with republicans continuing to cut mental health funding sounds like you are on the wrong side of curbing that as well.

We need to go back to large "asylums" to allow proper staffing and support and forget the fact we might hurt someone's feelings. I'm familiar with thr mental health side and any time you have one of these small outpost move into an area anyone with thr ability to do so moves out of the neighborhood.

The other thing we need to do is quit being so goddamn nice. I'm a huge advocate of +10 years to any crime that involves a firearm. That is going to involve actually prosecution of criminals, not just blanket statements.

We need to go back to large "asylums" to allow proper staffing and support and forget the fact we might hurt someone's feelings. I'm familiar with thr mental health side and any time you have one of these small outpost move into an area anyone with thr ability to do so moves out of the neighborhood.

The other we need to do is quit being so goddamn nice. I'm a huge advocate of +10 years to any crime that involves a firearm.
A. You need these large units, ever wonder why homelessness is skyrocketing. We currently have 10 brain dead druggies that yell and cuss all up and down the streets in our small town. You never used to see that. If they go to the hospital they dump them right back on the streets even though its not safe.

B. It goes more than just that, its the entire social services network to be available and service these individuals.
C. People have become assholes over the last decade. Go to any public business and ask them if their relations with the public have improved or declined.

D. The only thing you and I will agree on is the metropolitan cities need to start enforcing laws on theft. I think you do that you will alleviate some of the other issues, but is all symptoms of a larger societal issue. It is less financial security, less education, and less morality as whole (this isn't a religious debate).

If one is on the street and is mugged or a clown attempts to rape me, a gun in my closet at home isn't worth much is it?
you should take a gun to the airport then. Also not many rapes occur in the public. Usually in a house or otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
A. You need these large units, ever wonder why homelessness is skyrocketing. We currently have 10 brain dead druggies that yell and cuss all up and down the streets in our small town. You never used to see that. If they go to the hospital they dump them right back on the streets even though its not safe.

B. It goes more than just that, its the entire social services network to be available and service these individuals.
C. People have become assholes over the last decade. Go to any public business and ask them if their relations with the public have improved or declined.

D. The only thing you and I will agree on is the metropolitan cities need to start enforcing laws on theft. I think you do that you will alleviate some of the other issues, but is all symptoms of a larger societal issue. It is less financial security, less education, and less morality as whole (this isn't a religious debate).
We have large buildings and locations that could be converted, that will also help with your B.

Like I said in the golf thread, this world needs more talking with your neighbor and less sitting behind screens.

No, every Tom, Dick, and Harry can't get an automatic weapon. I explained that in my post.
ButB.gif

You don't think there was a "let's get out from behind these screens" aspect to that?

You are out of gas.
Its not whiskey, you are one that tends to overdramatize everything. Many on the right tend to, whether behind a screen or not. You don't think some of your takes are some of the reason society is where we are? When you have many on the right who can't believe simple facts, like trump lost the election, it becomes difficult to solve many of the issues we are facing.

Its not whiskey, you are one that tends to overdramatize everything. Many on the right tend to, whether behind a screen or not. You don't think some of your takes are some of the reason society is where we are? When you have many on the right who can't believe simple facts, like trump lost the election, it becomes difficult to solve many of the issues we are facing.

"Trump lost the election", we are fuxking done here bud. You give up your rights because you don't want to acknowledge who it is that actually commits the crimes, I will not be, and you and I can both pray the day never comes.

I have nothing but negative opinions of Bush and openly hate on him more than probably any leftist on this forum. Got any other deflection myths I need to debunk in real time?
Bush and company can suck it. I can't stand the guy and anyone associated with him. Although he signed the first patriot act, let's not forget Obama continued it and put it on steroids.

It's too bad democrats can't say bad things about other democrats. It's against the code of ethics and their rulers will punish them by not being their friends.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Literally nothing to do with my argument. This is about the absurd gun deaths rate vs other countries. Gun industry brainwashed ass lickers like you have created this. “Pro Life” I bet too. LMFAO…

bar_animated_pct_u20_19992019.gif
Hey, DB. How many of those "gun deaths" are self-inflicted? Your graph is shit.

what's disgusting is that it doesn't seem to bother you.

Can’t say I’m a fan, and I don’t get the appeal, but I’ve also never seen one live
A firearm in a safe poses less of a threat than people who have a sexual mental health disorder, and you know that.

Sure. But not all gun owners store their guns responsibly either, or at all. I suspect you know that also.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
"Trump lost the election", we are fuxking done here bud. You give up your rights because you don't want to acknowledge who it is that actually commits the crimes, I will not be, and you and I can both pray the day never comes.
What . . . you don't agree Trump lost the election . . or that we have a severe issue with firearm deaths that no other civilized country is experiencing. Its just you value your gun ownership much higher than I value the life of others in this country. Your right is killing other people. That is not debatable yet you refuse to acknowledge that simple fact. If guns were not allowed I would be much safer as I am not a gun owner, can't you recognize that? The right was set up to have militia's to defend against Great Britain. We will have no militia trying to fight any of our wars . . I don't see a Red Dawn event occurring any time soon.

What . . . you don't agree Trump lost the election . . or that we have a severe issue with firearm deaths that no other civilized country is experiencing. Its just you value your gun ownership much higher than I value the life of others in this country. Your right is killing other people. That is not debatable yet you refuse to acknowledge that simple fact. If guns were not allowed I would be much safer as I am not a gun owner, can't you recognize that? The right was set up to have militia's to defend against Great Britain. We will have no militia trying to fight any of our wars . . I don't see a Red Dawn event occurring any time soon.

Gun rights people love to argue that many of the historical reasons for the 2nd amendment weren’t actually the reasons for it.

My right is the right to life, if that means protection or food, not killing other people, you guys tend to forget who the aggressor would be in these scenarios you create. If you want to talk about deaths, go educate yourself on what happens to every country shortly after they give up their firearms.

We don't have wars, because we have a militia.

That was the whole "blade of grass" thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT