ADVERTISEMENT

New North Carolina community will require all homeowners to display the American Flag...

Whatever makes you feel worthwhile.

community-ken-jeong.gif

I was stationed in Miami. Does that count?
After not longer being able to be drafted my opinion on those that join the military has changed. Most of those that join are not qualified for college or just don't know what they want to do. There is nothing wrong with that but I don't believe I need to celebrate it. It's not like my uncle that was drafted and killed in Vietnam.

• Sad
Reactions: The Tradition
After not longer being able to be drafted my opinion on those that join the military has changed. Most of those that join are not qualified for college or just don't know what they want to do. There is nothing wrong with that but I don't believe I need to celebrate it. It's not like my uncle that was drafted and killed in Vietnam.

The draft should have never been allowed to happen for Vietnam. That should only be allowed to defend our own shores.

The draft should have never been allowed to happen for Vietnam. That should only be allowed to defend our own shores.
Maybe. We have enough people in this country that need the military for a job now. The draft will probably remain unnecessary.

Your conclusion.

His conclusion:
He also said it's not uncommon for communities for people 55 and over, especially in the Carolinas, to have a theme.

"You can find themes that highlight amenities like golf courses and pickleball," he said. "You can find amenities that have margaritas as a pronounced symbol of their community. This one's a little bit different in that we want the overarching story to be civic-minded."
So would anyone not drinking a margarita or playing pickleball get fined?

It's a flag. My patriotism comes from my heart. This country is odd in the way we treat the flag.

Seriously?

All countries have flags and expect their citizens to rally around them.

Again, that's the entire point of having a flag in the first place.

Seriously?

All countries have flags and expect their citizens to rally around them.

Again, that's the entire point of having a flag in the first place.
No they don't. I have lived in many overseas countries. The USA takes our flag thing to the extreme. Same as our national anthem. Have you ever left the country?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT